XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 02:39 PM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Well not yet but give him time. I thought the install video (video 2?) was interesting but he's trying to demonstrate functionality as a whole, to benefit everyone. To date, I haven't seen any issues with the larger screen display in the video's from him as you guys are having. His climate functions appear to be working.
He said he would help you guys with the bugs and I think he said he can program android, so I'm optimistic.

I know on mine (XK large screen) the only thing I want to change is temperature to Fahrenheit. I changed the setting but nothing happens. Another gent on my forum has a newer model and he successfully changed it but has other bugs he's working through. Dennis offered to help me with that so I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed. I'm sure the XF bugs will be his priority.

I'm watching this thread with interest as I may want to put the smaller screen in my XK - once the bugs are worked out, I might pull the trigger.
I hope so, but he doesn't have the heated steering wheel button just like us, and hasn't really tested what was pointed out.
When he tested the parking sensors he just tested them backwards, and gave more importance to the brightness contrast and in general backup camera settings.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So guys made an accidental discovery todayhttps://youtu.be/BwMg8hkcHVU and find out how to get the 4G to work 😁 check the vid.

And for the XK guys a pic of the AC controls

The XK Climate controls

Last edited by Taffyduck; 04-20-2021 at 01:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sean W (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Taffyduck
So guys made an accidental discovery todayhttps://youtu.be/BwMg8hkcHVU and find out how to get the 4G to work 😁 check the vid.

https://youtu.be/BwMg8hkcHVU

The XK Climate controls
That's great some advancement, mine doesn't beep when moving forward, after being in reverse try moving forward .
Well xk menu has the heated steering wheel button, great wonder if it works, i might put this dreaded thing back soon.

The following 2 users liked this post by Carlos Saez:
Cabrio Bob (04-20-2021), Sean W (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 12:37 PM
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

4G and park sensors were never an issue for me.
I think, if you have these kinds of problems, you either have wrong settings somewhere or you have wrong connections somewhere.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hunnenkoenig
4G and park sensors were never an issue for me.
I think, if you have these kinds of problems, you either have wrong settings somewhere or you have wrong connections somewhere.
What am I missing here you said in your previous video, that i was right that your sensores doesn't beep forward, i just watched it again, I'm confused now...

Old 04-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,266 Likes on 2,384 Posts
Default About the Clock in the gauge cluster

Hi guys. On my XK, (I have the 12" Tesla Screen), when I start up the car, the clock in the gauge cluster reads the last time I was driving. After about a minute of driving, the clock sets to the correct time.
Not sure if you guys have been out driving so asking, if you have, is your clock still a problem?

Old 04-20-2021, 07:58 PM

While bench testing, i found a front video setting in the factory settings, when activated you get a new icon in the app section, "front video" now you can plug in any camera in the yellow rca that has the label CVBS-IN.

I can confirm that the heated steering wheel button appears in the climate menu when selecting XK, so actually I'm right about the setting in the car info menu, it should enable this button.

As for the clock , i haven't been able to drive the car just, but i can't seem to get it to autoadjust.

​​​​

Old 04-20-2021, 11:32 PM
Received 313 Likes on 147 Posts

https://youtu.be/BwMg8hkcHVU

Many thanks for the XK selection pictures.
I was wondering if you still had Chinese characters while selecting XK.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cabrio Bob
Many thanks for the XK selection pictures.
I was wondering if you still had Chinese characters while selecting XK.
Yep I get the Chinese as soon as I plug in the can bus decoder, even without the unit being plugged in😬

Old 04-21-2021, 10:23 AM

Despite all problems / bugs seen here, I might have a go for one 7" spieces, being the guinea pig for the XK.
Anyone who would like to suggest a supplier? I saw a few on Aliexpress and Alibaba.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:51 AM

For Carlos and honenkoenig, did you find a slot for this cable? Can't find anywhere to plug it in😬

Old 04-22-2021, 09:24 AM

For Carlos and honenkoenig, did you find a slot for this cable? Can't find anywhere to plug it in😬
Same here, no where to plug it in, i asked the seller said it's not used, i believe it's for another car.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:35 AM
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Does it have the same cables as in the black or the white plug As you said maybe same plug as the black/white one, but for another application.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Same here, no where to plug it in, i asked the seller said it's not used, i believe it's for another car.
Thanks for checking👍

Old 04-22-2021, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by John Williams
Does it have the same cables as in the black or the white plug As you said maybe same plug as the black/white one, but for another application.
I traced back the cables, it's a different plug, some go to the head unit and other to the canbus box, but by separate, they don't join other cables.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:47 AM

There is some chinese text on the label. if you make a clear picture of it, run it through an online OCR, and then use google translate, at least you will know what the label means.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:14 AM

While bench testing, i found a front video setting in the factory settings, when activated you get a new icon in the app section, "front video" now you can plug in any camera in the yellow rca that has the label CVBS-IN.

I can confirm that the heated steering wheel button appears in the climate menu when selecting XK, so actually I'm right about the setting in the car info menu, it should enable this button.

As for the clock , i haven't been able to drive the car just, but i can't seem to get it to autoadjust.

​​​​
Haven't tried the clock either so don't know if it auto adjusts or not 😬 could you test if you can change the language in the car info settings, it's at the bottom of the screen. With me it makes no difference 😔

Old 04-23-2021, 10:22 PM

Haven't tried the clock either so don't know if it auto adjusts or not 😬 could you test if you can change the language in the car info settings, it's at the bottom of the screen. With me it makes no difference 😔

Sure I'll try that but I'm not sure if it's going to be of any help, i removed the unit from my car and put back the OEM system.
The bugs where too many for me, waiting for an update to make it work as it should.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:44 AM

Sure I'll try that but I'm not sure if it's going to be of any help, i removed the unit from my car and put back the OEM system.
The bugs where too many for me, waiting for an update to make it work as it should.
Ah OK, I thought you had put it back in😬 maybe Honenkoenig could try it 😁

Old 04-24-2021, 03:02 AM

So after a bit of to and fro and threatening them with a PayPal dispute they are now sending me a new Canbus decoder. Hopefully that will solve my Chinese problem 😬 just need to find out how to change the apps on the home screen and I'll be happy 😁
Carlos I've noticed in the factory settings there's an option for the standby time when the acc is off. You might want to check what yours is set for. Maybe that's what's causing your battery drain.
​​​​​​
So today's project to pass the time is to install my puddle lights😁

Quick Reply: Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.