XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Project: Jaguar XFR

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Project: Jaguar XFR

So as with anything I own I have the stupid need to modify. The XFR is not exception. This car was bought as my daily driver so I do not want to go to crazy with the mods. I thought it would be cool to document the progress on this forum. The following is my plan with the car.

Power:
1- Eurotune custom tune
2- Eurotune Supercharger pulley
3- Axle back exhaust

This should net me right about 600HP at the crank. This is a heavy car so this should be perfect for what I want out of the car.

Cosmetic:
1- a) Black out rear chrome trim.
b) Black out white portion on rear tail lights with tail light tint. This will extend the look of the blacked out chrome trim.

2- Replace dark wood interior trim with Vvivid 3 layer Carbon vinyl. I like the dark wood but I think the XFR would look good with the Carbon Fiber look.

3- Replace front chrome grille with blacked out front grille.

That's about it. I will post updates to this thread as stuff gets done. The plan is to have it all done by the end of June 2016.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:13 PM

1- a) Black out rear chrome trim.

Here it is stock.

Here it is with the chrome trim wrapped in black vinyl.

1- b) Next will be to apply the tail light tint. I will post pictures when the shop has time to apply the tint.

Last edited by Ntimd8; 04-07-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Ntimd8 (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
Yes sir. Tuner and pulley already ordered. Customer service was top notch!!!

Old 04-08-2016, 08:58 AM

2- Replace dark wood interior trim with Vvivid 3 layer Carbon vinyl. I like the dark wood but I think the XFR would look good with the Carbon Fiber look.

Here are some crappy pictures of the trim work. It looks amazing in person and the pics just dont do it justice.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ntimd8:
Panthro (06-23-2016), Reaxions (12-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 09:05 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

Nice!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm so glad you took that silly S badge off of it. Are you going to remove the rest as well? I'm debadging minus the leaper

Ntimd8 (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Overblown
I'm so glad you took that silly S badge off of it. Are you going to remove the rest as well? I'm debadging minus the leaper
Ya, The S badge was on there when I bought it. It was the first thing to go.

No one around here knows what the "R" means so Im gonna keep it on there and probably add one to the front grille when I get the black one.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Can you open the glove compartment with the vinyl on there?

Your plans for the car are almost identical to mine. Haha.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jagwower
Can you open the glove compartment with the vinyl on there?

Your plans for the car are almost identical to mine. Haha.
Yup. As long as you know where to place your finger it opens perfectly. I was thinking of putting a small round piece of window tint or something to show where the button is but Im the only one who opens the glove box and I know exactly where to press so I decided not to.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome. Good to hear. I plan to wrap my wood trim as well. The door cards still have that nice black wood finish, but the center console wood and the dash trim have turned brown from the sun. I was thinking of going with a brushed black metal. I ordered a free sample book from 3M to see all the different choices.

Curious to see the rear end when you finish with the taillights.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jagwower
Awesome. Good to hear. I plan to wrap my wood trim as well. The door cards still have that nice black wood finish, but the center console wood and the dash trim have turned brown from the sun. I was thinking of going with a brushed black metal. I ordered a free sample book from 3M to see all the different choices.

Curious to see the rear end when you finish with the taillights.
That's exactly why I did mine. The trim on the doors are still like new but I may still have them wrapped if I can find the energy to remove the door cards and take the trim off.

Basically just the trim on the cup holder cover was a bit faded so I thought it a good time to wrap the dash and centre console trim.

I'll be sure to post up the pics of everything as it is done so you can see how it looks. The great part about this is it is all 100% reversable.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

NICE work so far....keep posting,,, most on here are in the habit of modding out their things

Ntimd8 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 06:35 PM

Decided to install the Eurocharged tune today. Nice boost in performance for sure!

Last edited by Ntimd8; 04-09-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tell me about the tune...

Just emailed my file to Eurocharged this weekend and am traveling out of town all week.
Wont be able to install new tune and drive till next weekend.
Real excited... like a kid at Christmas.
Let me live vicariously through you this week.
Tell me about the tune and what did you notice most.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Porkchopcash
Just emailed my file to Eurocharged this weekend and am traveling out of town all week.
Wont be able to install new tune and drive till next weekend.
Real excited... like a kid at Christmas.
Let me live vicariously through you this week.
Tell me about the tune and what did you notice most.

lol, Well I have putabout 100 miles on the car with the tune. It seems to drive just like stock when driving normally (which is a goodthing). When you floor the car there isa definite seat of the pants increase (and I’m not very good at feelingincreases because I have had a lot of high HP cars and have become somewhatimmune so for me to say I feel the extra power is saying a lot). It’s especially fun when you’re going 45mphand when you floor it the tail wags a bit then the car hooks and pulls like a freighttrain. I’m very happy with the tune forsure. Can’t wait to get the pulley andexhaust on there to complete the power upgrades.

Porkchopcash (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sounds good

Appreciate the report. I have already done exhaust. Had fab shop redo from cat back with custom x pipe setup and added Mina mufflers. Sounds great now and my experience tells me the Mina's break in and get deeper/throatier sound after 500-1000 miles.
I am sure the tune will sound strong through them when I get on it.
Got my email tune back , just won't be home till friday to put it on.
However, I have a 2 hour drive Friday and a 6 hour round trip over the weekend to enjoy it.
Yeah!!!

(however, I won't be doing pulley yet. My car has 3 year of pre-owned warranty which previous owner paid for. My dealer service dept is pretty by the book so I don't want to take a chance on any warranty void. I assume pulley is a 20hp difference. I can live without that for now.)

Last edited by Porkchopcash; 04-11-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Porkchopcash
Appreciate the report. I have already done exhaust. Had fab shop redo from cat back with custom x pipe setup and added Mina mufflers. Sounds great now and my experience tells me the Mina's break in and get deeper/throatier sound after 500-1000 miles.
I am sure the tune will sound strong through them when I get on it.
Got my email tune back , just won't be home till friday to put it on.
However, I have a 2 hour drive Friday and a 6 hour round trip over the weekend to enjoy it.
Yeah!!!

(however, I won't be doing pulley yet. My car has 3 year of pre-owned warranty which previous owner paid for. My dealer service dept is pretty by the book so I don't want to take a chance on any warranty void. I assume pulley is a 20hp difference. I can live without that for now.)

Ya I would guess a pulley will add about 15hp seeing as it is only a 2psi increase ro so. Let me know how you like the tune.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

ok i just put the pulley on and loaded the Eurocharge tune this last Friday.....wholly crap...im coming from a 470 hp super charged so ive gained i guess according to their graphs close to 100 hp.....to say it was noticeable would be a huge understatement....it freaking gets it.....and when needed drives very tame love it

BostonKiller (04-30-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Injekter
ok i just put the pulley on and loaded the Eurocharge tune this last Friday.....wholly crap...im coming from a 470 hp super charged so ive gained i guess according to their graphs close to 100 hp.....to say it was noticeable would be a huge understatement....it freaking gets it.....and when needed drives very tame love it
LOL That's awesome. I didn't do my pulley yet but with just the tune the speed climbs very quickly.

Quick Reply: Project: Jaguar XFR