XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Pulley & Tune @ Eurocharged

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pulley & Tune @ Eurocharged

I know there has been a lot of discussion on these boards related to ECU tunes and the various vendors offering them, so I thought I would relay my experience as well. I took my 2010 XF Supercharged to Eurocharged just outside DC today. Overall, a very good experience and impressive results. I had the pulley installed and ecu tuned. Jerry from their Houston shop was in town and did the tune. I will post the dyno sheets below (not sure how I left without the before and after pulls on the same sheet, but you will be able to see the results between the two sheets). In short, the best stock dyno runs showed 393 rwhp and 378 rwtq. The best post-pulley and tune dyno run showed 515rwhp and 476 rwtq. Overall, a very impressive improvement and very noticeable on the road. The first attachment shows two baseline pulls and the second attachment shows two post-tune pulls. Hope this information is helpful to those who are considering this mod.

Attached Thumbnails Pulley & Tune @ Eurocharged-photo-1.jpg   Pulley & Tune @ Eurocharged-photo-2.jpg  
The following 6 users liked this post by MarylandJag:
2010 Kyanite XFR (01-11-2014), Blackcoog (01-10-2014), blrx7r1 (01-10-2014), Cambo (01-10-2014), Matt in Houston (01-09-2014), patrickw813 (01-10-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrats, those look like good post tune numbers even though your baseline looked pretty low compared to other dynos I have seen.

I bet you can tell a big difference in the way she runs now. I also had a good experience with Jerry at Eurocharged Houston. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 PM

Thanks, Matt. You also have to remember that I have a XF Supercharged, which is rated at 470hp and 424lbft from the factory, so the baseline #s seem pretty good (about 16.5% drivetrain loss for hp and 11% loss for torque). There may also be a difference in the dynos. This is the same dyno that UsmaXKR2010 put down a 373rwhp and 340rwtq for his XKR baseline. Seems like it will always be a struggle to get an apples to apples comparison for those of us that are in different parts of the country, but I'm definitely pleased with the overall increase and impressed with the folks at Eurocharged.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

122rwhp & 98rwtq from a pulley & tune, that's quite a result. Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by MarylandJag
Thanks, Matt. You also have to remember that I have a XF Supercharged, which is rated at 470hp and 424lbft from the factory, so the baseline #s seem pretty good (about 16.5% drivetrain loss for hp and 11% loss for torque). There may also be a difference in the dynos. This is the same dyno that UsmaXKR2010 put down a 373rwhp and 340rwtq for his XKR baseline. Seems like it will always be a struggle to get an apples to apples comparison for those of us that are in different parts of the country, but I'm definitely pleased with the overall increase and impressed with the folks at Eurocharged.
16.5% loss sounds about right. What pulley did you install (usually there are two options)? Thanks for sharing. That should be a night and day difference.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Yup that seems about right. I was thinking you had 510 hp factory like the XFR.

Have fun, I bet you are happy with those gains. Great bang for the buck!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Blackcoog,

It was a 1.5lb pulley (I don't know if Eurocharged offers a 2.5lb). Interestingly, I did a couple of pulls last night before the rain came in and my dashcommand app (and ScanXL software) showed max boost at 10psi. Prior to the pulley and tune, the boost generally maxed out at 7psi. Feels good so far...

Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Awesome numbers man, very impressive gains! Maybe when my warranty gets closer to expiring I will swing up to see my family in Arlington and have them swap my pulley / tune the R

Old 01-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Outstanding results! It's nice to see some tuner activity for our cars. Coming from BMW, there were TONS of tuning options available, so I've been a bit frustrated by the lack of options for Jags. That said, mine is a 3.0 SC - not sure Eurocharged has a tune yet for this car, but ETG is finally offerring a tune and pulley combo. I'd love it if someone else would take the plunge and report results, but it looks like I may have to be the pioneer for the 3.0 crowd.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Impressive!!! My 2012 xf sc made the same baseline whp as yours did. I now have an xkr-s flash, but your numbers just makes me want to get their flash and pulley upgrade.. BTW how much did the tune and pulley cost you?

Last edited by sir2; 01-10-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 AM

Blackcoog,

It was a 1.5lb pulley (I don't know if Eurocharged offers a 2.5lb). Interestingly, I did a couple of pulls last night before the rain came in and my dashcommand app (and ScanXL software) showed max boost at 10psi. Prior to the pulley and tune, the boost generally maxed out at 7psi. Feels good so far...
Are we sure that the MAP sensor in the AJ133S is actually installed after the supercharger? With the AJ33S/34S the MAP sensor only measures manifold vacuum between the throttle body & the supercharger inlet. Although you can see "boost" via OBD2, it actually isn't & the values are way out.

I had a quick look in the JEPC & couldn't even find the MAP sensor for the 5.0L, so I have to ask, where does that measurement come from?

Old 01-11-2014, 01:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Isn't it the TMAP?

Have a look at Gus's site for http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Trai...ve%2006_06.pdf

At about p111 it talks about it.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM

Ah yeah, TMAP in the 5.0L and the late 4.2L, but it's not there in the early 4.2L.

Thanks for the link BTW.

Carry on, don't mind me!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by sir2
Impressive!!! My 2012 xf sc made the same baseline whp as yours did. I now have an xkr-s flash, but your numbers just makes me want to get their flash and pulley upgrade.. BTW how much did the tune and pulley cost you?
You guys with the xkr-s flashes, are you convincing your service tech at the dealer to do it? Is it an ECU and TCU flash? Curious to hear someone really go into how this was done, cost and impressions

Old 01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
You guys with the xkr-s flashes, are you convincing your service tech at the dealer to do it? Is it an ECU and TCU flash? Curious to hear someone really go into how this was done, cost and impressions
That is correct. If the specific service department has both the engine map file as well as an older version of IDS/SDD (older versions of the software allow for the map files to be flash according to my dealer), then you can flash either the XKR-S or XFR-S tune onto any supercharged 5.0L car.

I am still in the process of finding out of the TCU mapping from the XKR-S, which shares the same 6 speed transmission in my XFR and the XF Supercharged, can be flashed onto our hardware. Ideally, this tune will eliminate the mid-range power drop that has been commonly found after just an ECU tune.

If I recall correctly, there is an individual over on the XKR forum who has tuned his XKR-S with no noticeable power drop in the mid-range.

The following users liked this post:
WRXtranceformed (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by patrickw813
That is correct. If the specific service department has both the engine map file as well as an older version of IDS/SDD (older versions of the software allow for the map files to be flash according to my dealer), then you can flash either the XKR-S or XFR-S tune onto any supercharged 5.0L car.

I am still in the process of finding out of the TCU mapping from the XKR-S, which shares the same 6 speed transmission in my XFR and the XF Supercharged, can be flashed onto our hardware. Ideally, this tune will eliminate the mid-range power drop that has been commonly found after just an ECU tune.

If I recall correctly, there is an individual over on the XKR forum who has tuned his XKR-S with no noticeable power drop in the mid-range.
Excellent thank you for the feedback! Keep us posted about the TCU flash as you find out more info.

If you don't mind sending me a PM regarding pricing / how you approached it at the dealership I would really appreciate it!

Old 01-11-2014, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
I'm a jag tech, did it myself

Old 01-11-2014, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by patrickw813

For the denso (my 10-12) 5.0 s/c TCM has the same software as the denso xkrs. But the calibration files are different. Unable to flash TCM calibration files due to diffident body modules from both cars ( xf - xk) might be possible for a xkr -xkrs calibration flash though

patrickw813 (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by sir2
I'm a jag tech, did it myself

I am a service manager at a Jag dealer with full access to IDS with & without SDD. How are you doing this as I have never heard of this? Are you using IDS?? Please let us know.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 PM

Don't know if this will work on the 5.0L cars, but you can do it on the earlier models by renaming the actual calibration files in the SDD folder.

Rename the new file with the name of the original file that SDD picks out to load during normal programming.

Trick is you need to identify the name of the XFR-S or XKR-S ecu file, if someone had one of those cars & attempted a reflash with SDD you can see the name, find it in the folder via Windows explorer, copy it, rename it & then try to reflash the other car.

Just be sure to keep copies of the original files with the correct names to put everything back to how it was later.

Matt in Houston (01-13-2014)

Quick Reply: Pulley & Tune @ Eurocharged