XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Racing XFR vs GR Supra/ATS-V/Mustang GT on track (win)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 07:23 AM
Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts
Talking Racing XFR vs GR Supra/ATS-V/Mustang GT on track (win)

Went racing in the XFR a week ago. It did pretty well. I think my car got too hot and started pulling all the power on my 3rd run. It was at Cleetus Mcfarland Spectator Drags at the Freedom Factory. On a cool note I was able to hit 1.14g in the corners. These new tires did pretty well.

1st run I raced a ATS-V. Beat him no issues. Telemetry was working.

2nd race was with a GR Supra. I blew off the tires on the launch and he got a perfect launch with launch control; I had to play catch-up and channel my inner Takumi and pass him drifting Initial D style. Felt the car pulling a little power. Telemetry was off this run.

3rd race with with a cheater Trans-am with Hoosier slicks. I had went through a 100 car waiting line twice and two races so my car was completely heat soaked my intake temps were 174F and the car pulled all the power. I hit the gas and nothing happened. My straight speed was 20mph slower than the previous two runs. I still almost beat the guy. Telemetry was off this run.

4th race was a grudge match with a Mustang GT. Car had a chance to cool. Killed it easily. Telemetry was working

5th race no one wanted to race the mighty Jaaaag after seeing me clean up some of the faster cars easily last race was with a Sentra SE-R lol. Only won by 10 buses. on a 3/4 track. Telemetry was working

If you are bored or want to see these runs from the outside, here is the whole event live-streamed. I was in the first four runs at the beginning of each round session.
MERICA
1st round
beautiful grass
2nd round
3rd round
most silent race in history
rocket drifting
4th round
final
grudge races
jet truck
burnouts

Last edited by Benjamin Jerome Smith; 07-23-2021 at 08:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Murray (07-29-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 10:29 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I bet that guy in the McLaren **** himself in turn 3.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Sponsor
Received 418 Likes on 249 Posts

Fun times
If you haven't tuned that XFR yet You're missing out on tins of power
On our test car 2010 XF supercharged we're pushing 700 horsepower plus. Fb.me/AlphaJagTuning Btw you need to do some cooling modifications something like what I'm doing

2013 XJ 5.0 Supercharged, (stock with Alpha Jag ECU tune), estimated power: 600+ hp, 7.7sec 1.8th mi/95mph
Old 07-23-2021, 04:55 PM
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Watched your vids… good stuff!

Old 07-24-2021, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by AlexJag
Fun times
If you haven't tuned that XFR yet You're missing out on tins of power
On our test car 2010 XF supercharged we're pushing 700 horsepower plus. Fb.me/AlphaJagTuning Btw you need to do some cooling modifications something like what I'm doing
https://youtu.be/qh-y5vXw29g
I have quite a few cooling mods planned.
1. Switch to Laminova coolers in the inter-coolers, fuel, oil, and ps fluid.
2. Switch to a larger blower turning slower= cooler charge
3. Run a Racing Killer Chiller on the Laminova coolers
4. Run the RKC off of a Toyota Prius 12v A/C compressor pump by itself. Tap it into aftermarket heat exchangers and dryers.
5. Use Ti header wrap on a new set of headers, Wrap the header wrap in Aspen Pyrogel and have Inconel heat shields made.
6. Run a Venom-cooler on the S/C off the RKC after the inter-cooler.
7. Get rid of all the plastic for stainless braided lines and coolant block tie in.
8. Run Evans water-less racing coolant with large radiator and possibly vent the hood.
9. Insulate the intake, s/c system with Aspen Aerogel blanket and paint the blanket with heat rejecting paint.
10. Tune the car on E85 and run a water injection system to spray only when temps are climbing past all of above capacity automatically.

If that doesn't get it done than I guess it aint going to get done!!! Thats all I can do.

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
Watched your vids… good stuff!
Thanks it was fun. When the car was cool it actually was competitive. This car can jump from 50-80 in less than two seconds. Few cars out there short of a super car can mess with that! It was more a battle with heat soak than other drivers. The only real mod it needs is maybe a real racing LSD like a OS Giken Super lock. I'm thinking a ford 8.8 would do just fine. They have the same 3.31 final ratio available in the 8.8 as the stock XFR ratio.

Last edited by Benjamin Jerome Smith; 07-24-2021 at 12:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Murray (07-29-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Benjamin Jerome Smith
I have quite a few cooling mods planned.
1. Switch to Laminova coolers in the inter-coolers, fuel, oil, and ps fluid.
2. Switch to a larger blower turning slower= cooler charge
3. Run a Racing Killer Chiller on the Laminova coolers
4. Run the RKC off of a Toyota Prius 12v A/C compressor pump by itself. Tap it into aftermarket heat exchangers and dryers.
5. Use Ti header wrap on a new set of headers, Wrap the header wrap in Aspen Pyrogel and have Inconel heat shields made.
6. Run a Venom-cooler on the S/C off the RKC after the inter-cooler.
7. Get rid of all the plastic for stainless braided lines and coolant block tie in.
8. Run Evans water-less racing coolant with large radiator and possibly vent the hood.
9. Insulate the intake, s/c system with Aspen Aerogel blanket and paint the blanket with heat rejecting paint.
10. Tune the car on E85 and run a water injection system to spray only when temps are climbing past all of above capacity automatically.

If that doesn't get it done than I guess it aint going to get done!!! Thats all I can do.

Thanks it was fun. When the car was cool it actually was competitive. This car can jump from 50-80 in less than two seconds. Few cars out there short of a super car can mess with that! It was more a battle with heat soak than other drivers.

definitely keep us updated on all the upgrades you’re going to do. WhT larger blower option have you found?

Old 07-24-2021, 12:53 AM

definitely keep us updated on all the upgrades you’re going to do. WhT larger blower option have you found?
Its a Edlebrock R2650 head sitting on a custom Laminova triple pass cooler setup. Even turning half the speed of the TVS1900 it will make more power than the 1900. It should be easier to turn as well. The 2300 was 20% easier to turn than the 1900 and the 2650 was 18% easier than the 2300 if I remember right. Should be running cool as a cucumber in short.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:21 PM

Its a Edlebrock R2650 head sitting on a custom Laminova triple pass cooler setup. Even turning half the speed of the TVS1900 it will make more power than the 1900. It should be easier to turn as well. The 2300 was 20% easier to turn than the 1900 and the 2650 was 18% easier than the 2300 if I remember right. Should be running cool as a cucumber in short.
that’s badass. Are you doing any porting of the manifolds and any head work?

Old 07-26-2021, 06:11 AM

that’s badass. Are you doing any porting of the manifolds and any head work?
I'll port the blower. Match the intake with the intake ports. Maybe clean up the flashing and carbon buildup but no real head work planned. I have read the head flows well and the cams are pretty aggressive from the factory. Eventually when I build the engine I do want to do springs and retainers and lighter valves.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:34 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great post and inspiring videos. What are the new tires that you are running? It sounds like you are planning some major upgrades to your supercharger and it’s cooling system. Have you looked into Kong Performance to see if they can upgrade the current 1900 rotors to the TVS2650 rotor pack like they do for the LSAs? I am not 100% sure that you would necessarily need that much supercharger on a 5.0 liter engine but the 2650 is a fantastic supercharger. I was on a cruise last week with a guy that had one on his Chevy SS and it was a monster. While not ideal I know many people running the 1900s on even 416 ci motors although they are spinning them pretty hard so I figured they would have no problem feeding the 5.0. I have run three superchargers on my LS2 2006 GTOs an MP112, MP122HH with a spacer and one Harrop HTV2300 that uses the TVS 2300 rotor pack and it has fed a 403 ci and 416 ci motor fairly easily. I am in the process of installing a Race Killer Chiller on one at this time and I run Pre supercharger water/meth injection on one of them. I am in the planning stages of putting one of my extra water/meth kits on the XFR since I only have 91 octane in California and I just did the lower pulley swap and a Eurotoys tune. I did not know it was possible to run E85 in one, I am converting one of my GTOs to E85 using a Flex fuel sensor and HP Tuners but I had to upgrade the complete fuel system to do it. I would love to know what would be involved to allow the XFR to run E85. I have enjoyed reading your threads and admire the direction you are taking your XFR.

2011 Ultimate Black XFR, lower pulley swap, Eurotoys tune. Bridgestone Pole Position S-04s.

Last edited by Ondatrack; 07-30-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ondatrack
Great post and inspiring videos. What are the new tires that you are running? It sounds like you are planning some major upgrades to your supercharger and it’s cooling system. Have you looked into Kong Performance to see if they can upgrade the current 1900 rotors to the TVS2650 rotor pack like they do for the LSAs? I am not 100% sure that you would necessarily need that much supercharger on a 5.0 liter engine but the 2650 is a fantastic supercharger. I was on a cruise last week with a guy that had one on his Chevy SS and it was a monster. While not ideal I know many people running the 1900s on even 416 ci motors although they are spinning them pretty hard so I figured they would have no problem feeding the 5.0. I have run three superchargers on my LS2 2006 GTOs an MP112, MP122HH with a spacer and one Harrop HTV2300 that uses the TVS 2300 rotor pack and it has fed a 403 ci and 416 ci motor fairly easily. I am in the process of installing a Race Killer Chiller on one at this time and I run Pre supercharger water/meth injection on one of them. I am in the planning stages of putting one of my extra water/meth kits on the XFR since I only have 91 octane in California and I just did the lower pulley swap and a Eurotoys tune. I did not know it was possible to run E85 in one, I am converting one of my GTOs to E85 using a Flex fuel sensor and HP Tuners but I had to upgrade the complete fuel system to do it. I would love to know what would be involved to allow the XFR to run E85. I have enjoyed reading your threads and admire the direction you are taking your XFR.

2011 Ultimate Black XFR, lower pulley swap, Eurotoys tune. Bridgestone Pole Position S-04s.
Running Firehawk Indy 500. 1.16g in the last video. Not bad. They are 2 years old too. Have lost a bit of grip since new. I just got back from the shop that is going to do the upgrades yesterday- finally found one capable and has worked on the AJ133. Can even program the trans torque limiters out. I seen but have not looked into Kong. I have a friend that is a dealer with well known racing parts catalog and can get me the Edlebrock R2650 head at his cost. Under $2K. Changing out the inter-coolers anyway it does not matter what size it is. I am planning on turning it down quite a bit and tuning the car with a lower boost but more flow to keep temps down. Get the chassis to work and the brakes not to overheat on a big track. To run E85 you have to convert to a 2015 XFR-S fuel system as the factory fuel system is E85 compatible from 2014 onwards. I have to replace my injectors anyway might as well change the pump out too and add some port injection with a custom manifold. I am only going to run the water inj as a cooling measure for a hot engine. If the temps go above a set temp it will spray water in the intake and get those temps to drop 40-60 degrees in a few seconds. It will happen automatically with a tank in the trunk. If I can get IAT 10 degrees stabilized within ambient I am going to call this a success.

Last edited by Benjamin Jerome Smith; 08-16-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:29 PM

To run E85 you have to convert to a 2015 XFR-S fuel system as the factory fuel system is E85 compatible from 2014 onwards...
Woo hoo! I just picked up my 2015 XFR-S. It doesn't say on the filler door that E85 is acceptable tho...

Old 08-16-2021, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman
Woo hoo! I just picked up my 2015 XFR-S. It doesn't say on the filler door that E85 is acceptable tho...
What country do you live in? I saw a Jaguar website here that said cars newer than 2014 are e85 compatible, but it may be in certain markets. I am not sure which. Does your owners manual say anything about the type of gas?

Last edited by Benjamin Jerome Smith; 08-16-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:28 PM

I live in the USA. My car didn't come with an owners manual...

I saw in that website you sent that the XJ with 470hp V8 was E85 certified, but the XFR-S comes with the 550hp version...

Old 08-16-2021, 03:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Running Firehawk Indy 500. 1.16g in the last video. Not bad. They are 2 years old too. Have lost a bit of grip since new. I just got back from the shop that is going to do the upgrades yesterday- finally found one capable and has worked on the AJ133. Can even program the trans torque limiters out. I seen but have not looked into Kong. I have a friend that is a dealer with well known racing parts catalog and can get me the Edlebrock R2650 head at his cost. Under $2K. Changing out the inter-coolers anyway it does not matter what size it is. I am planning on turning it down quite a bit and tuning the car with a lower boost but more flow to keep temps down. Get the chassis to work and the brakes not to overheat on a big track. To run E85 you have to convert to a 2015 XFR-S fuel system as the factory fuel system is E85 compatible from 2014 onwards. I have to replace my injectors anyway might as well change the pump out too and add some port injection with a custom manifold. I am only going to run the water inj as a cooling measure for a hot engine. If the temps go above a set temp it will spray water in the intake and get those temps to drop 40-60 degrees in a few seconds. It will happen automatically with a tank in the trunk. If I can get IAT 10 degrees stabilized within ambient I am going to call this a success.
Thank you for the information. Great pricing on the Edlebrock R2650 head unit. I drive by Edlebrock’s foundry everyday and never thought about them selling the head units separately. Keep us updated as I would love to see how this works out. As long as you can keep it in the efficiency range running the lower boost then lower and cooler is definitely better. So is it simply the fuel system with pump and injectors that you to swap to run E-85 or does the ECU need to be changed also to the 2015 unit? Does ours have the ability to operate with E85 if the tune is modified? On my GTO with the stock ECU I had to go in and turn on the flex fuel option using HP Tuners in addition to adding the sensor, pumps, injector and return system. I would love to run E85 in my XFR so again please update as you get this done. Thanks again and good luck.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,343 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Your car is only E85 compatible if it has the yellow sticker on the gas door. So far we have seen one SC 5.0L V-8 set up that way. Can't seem to find out anything from Jaguar about why or how they decide which car is E85 compatible.

Old 08-19-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Your car is only E85 compatible if it has the yellow sticker on the gas door. So far we have seen one SC 5.0L V-8 set up that way. Can't seem to find out anything from Jaguar about why or how they decide which car is E85 compatible.
do you know if we can retrofit those pets on non e85 cars?

Old 08-20-2021, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,343 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Not sure if it's possible on the Jag?
I know for domestic cars you can retrofit the flex-fuel sensors and run almost any % of alcohol with no changes as the sensor's tells the computer what % alcohol your running.
But note what Rock said. It takes a good bit more volume compared to gasoline so you need to have the fuel pumps, injectors and such all rated for corn usage.

I did not know Jaguar did any of that but we had a guy with a SC XJ that posted the yellow sticker on his gas door.