XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Rant

I purchased my car in Miami with warranty still left on it its an 09 PL XF before returning to NC where I now live I brought the car to Jaguar in Palm Beach with a complaint of the dash bubbling Pryor to reaching 50000 miles a service writer in the the entrance to service comes to me and asks what I needed so I explained about the dash to which she looks inside the car gets the mileage and acknowledges the dash bubbling telling me its a common warranty item and the part would take about a week to get in great i say but I don't live here anymore I live in NC so to that she says that is not a problem just bring it to your local dealer and they will fix it so I drive directly home and then to the dealer that Monday dealer says OK looks and sees the problem on the dash and then says your out of warranty you have 50800 miles and warranty is till 50000 830 miles to go home home so I went through the story of the palm beach dealer the writer in NC dealer says I will have to contact my area rep this all took place over three months ago and is still not resolved so all I'm saying is if you ever stop in a dealer who tells you to not worry GET IT IN Writing this really takes the fun out of a new car very fast and I have been driving jags for 25 years where is customer loyalty
Rant over thanks for listening

Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,892 Likes on 7,161 Posts

Originally Posted by IanXF
this all took place over three months ago and is still not resolved

"Not resolved" meaning they've said "no"?

Or "not resolved" meaning you haven't heard anything at all?

Cheers
DD

Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM

I have customer relations working on it but so far they have offered 600.00 on cost of replacement I have been back and forth with them palm beach said no paper work rep in this area said no so far so I'm hoping for a better end to this but not so as of yet

Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Would you mind sharing who the NC dealer is? If you don't want to post it, you can send me a pm.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I feel for ya. I hope it get's resolved in your favor, and soon.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

You needed that inspecting dealer to open a work order with the mileage on it, then take a copy before you left that dealership.

Follow this up in writing detailing the examination performed by that dealer. It is Jaguar that needs to follow up with their own dealer.

Warranty covers defects identified during the warranty period whether fixed then or after the warranty expires. That's the contract.

The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (09-24-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM

and it keeps happening I just had to go back to NC dealer as per Customer relations to get them to make out a work order seems that when I was there in July they also did not make out a work order only put information out to the area rep now that's 2 dealers that have not followed protocol

Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 PM

well after 4 months and 2 dealers that did not make out the proper paper work Jaguar Customer service said area rep said no to the repair So this is a great way of doing business I was told by palm beach Jag not to worry take it home so my guess to this whole thing is by looking at the mileage on the car they knew id have a problem when i went home to NC and be over mileage therefore making it easy for them to refuse to repair This is definitely a defect in quality control and has been going on for a long time even with other models the XK for one as a consideration the service rep offered a 300.00 credit on future repairs to that I said well you could guess
Thanks for listening and better luck to you guys