XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Restricted Performance - 2011xf premium

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restricted Performance - 2011xf premium

can fuel additives to decarbonize cause restricted performance alerts?

just drove my XF home from servicing after a misfire. They replaced a coil and spark plug. Was running fine fine this afternoon, but the restricted performance message appeared again this evening, but went away after a couple of minutes.

thanks!

Old 06-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 352 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Thefuture
can fuel additives to decarbonize cause restricted performance alerts?

just drove my XF home from servicing after a misfire. They replaced a coil and spark plug. Was running fine fine this afternoon, but the restricted performance message appeared again this evening, but went away after a couple of minutes.

thanks!
Take your car to auto parts store to have them read any stored codes in your ECU for free, or buy a $30 code reader so you can do it yourself anytime.

You need to codes to know what is going on. Guessing on fuel additives isn't going to get you anywhere.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Just take the car back to the shop that worked on it originally for the mis fire, more than likely they left something loose (electrical connection?). They will be able to scan it out and decipher any codes on the spot too.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Continued to get the Restricted performance note on the weekend, and the check engine light came back on as well so I took it back to the dealership. They'll check the codes. After replacing a coil and spark plug, we thought we'd solved it, but clearly there's something else going on.