XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Restricted Performance - 8th Visit - Help!! RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 04:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoo
Hey Hey ,I have some questions about jaguar xd 3.0d 2011. because i have problem with popup RP. the error I am showing is the air flow meter, so I dismantled everything and cleaned it thoroughly. after restarting, the error was gone, and so every time I turn off the engine and wait for some time, the error disappears, but returns after some time after driving a few or a dozen kilometers.unfortunately mechanics. my neighborhood can't help me.I read on the jaguar forum full of good opinions that you are helpful, maybe you already had a similar case and suggest what I could check.Greetings from Poland.
I sold my car not long after I did the repair I detailed. ​​​​​​​it was hard to diagnose but stripping the covers back and having someone rev it up a little might show if it was the same issue as I had. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The following users liked this post:
Evoo (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pix
Deano - great work - looks like a clever solution - I like the idea of first drilling the ends of the cracks to avoid it propagating further - very clever.I have some photos of my cracked manifold below - was amazed how thin the crack was. I had to look for quite a while to find it - a long thin crack along the corner - hope you can see it in the photos - if not email me and I will send you full res.I am sure your fix will work. I have kept the old part just in case. If it goes again may need it.Did you remove yours Deano to fix it, or do the fix in situ? 
sorry to reply to this so long after the event, if it helps anyone I did it on the car. If I had removed it I would have replaced it new. ​​​​​​​Once I opened the crack and jetted all the area with alcohol I believe it was clean enough to plastic weld on the car.

Old 01-15-2023, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The same problem

Hey I checked everything today, and I have the same problem as you. at least now i know where i stand. I only have concerns because I need to drive 1800km home at the weekend and I don't know if something can happen or just limits the power. I'm going to put some glue on it to make it a little better. I've seen spare parts for €120, will they be ok?

Old 01-15-2023, 01:27 PM

Hey I checked everything today, and I have the same problem as you. at least now i know where i stand. I only have concerns because I need to drive 1800km home at the weekend and I don't know if something can happen or just limits the power. I'm going to put some glue on it to make it a little better. I've seen spare parts for €120, will they be ok?
it's hard to say if those parts would be ok. I think you would probably get home just with limited power, I'd keep the revs low to try and keep the turbos from pressurising. ​​​​​​​I believe the way I repaired mine would be a good solid repair if you have the equipment and it was done on the car. ​​​​​​​if you are to glue it, I would source some isopropyl alcohol and clean out the crack as well as you can. I used thin cable ties to hold the gap open whilst I cleaned it. You could maybe then use glue in the gap before you close it up. ​​​​​​​Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Evoo (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spare parts cost from 70-220 euros, while the original one I found for 450 and I don't know which one to order. tomorrow I will apply a large layer of glass glue on it, the glass glue is super strong.

Old 01-15-2023, 02:27 PM

spare parts cost from 70-220 euros, while the original one I found for 450 and I don't know which one to order. tomorrow I will apply a large layer of glass glue on it, the glass glue is super strong.
I think fitting cost was quite expensive when I looked and I didn't want to fit something that could be a short time from failing again. If you glue it, then it could be worth adding straps 90 degrees to the crack to add some more strength, even a cut up leather belt or strap could help. Good luck.

Evoo (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 02:28 PM

I think fitting cost was quite expensive when I looked and I didn't want to fit something that could be a short time from failing again. If you glue it, then it could be worth adding straps 90 degrees to the crack to add some more strength, even a cut up leather belt or strap could help. Good luck.