XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Retro Fit Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014 | 05:34 AM
|
Default Retro Fit Options

Hi Guys

I just took delivery of my first Jag yesterday. Its a Le Mann edition XF-R and I'm very pleased with it. I traded in my beloved Lexus IS-F after 6 years trouble free hard motoring and hope the Jag will give me the same.

I do have a few questions and so thought I'd join this forum and see what you guys think...

1. The Voice Activated function seems not to be operational. I press the voice button on the steering wheel and no beep so Im guessing it wansnt speced when the car was new (mine is a 2010 model) - The microphone works with the phone and so is there any way to retro fit something, change something to get this working?

2. In the centre console there is a lead to connect an ipod to a 10 or 12 pin port - are there leads available for an iPhone 5s ?

3. No Day-light running lights on the car and so what options do I have here as I would really like to get something professionally fitted by a bodyshop or similar.

Thanks guys and I look forward to reading your replies soon

Old 03-31-2014 | 02:41 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum harters,

I've moved your thread from UK Region to X250 forum. More members with the same model will see it here.

Graham

Old 03-31-2014 | 05:46 PM
Veteran Member

1. Voice activation was deactivated on most of the XF's. I think the dealer can re-enable it.

2. Direct connections to the lighting connectors are not available but you could use adapters. I'm an android fan so I use a blackberry gateway which syncs to my phone when I get in the car and plays music through the aux port.

3. Search. There are aftermarket options. There was a UK variant that appeared to be OEM or at least near OEM quality. The chrome blades were swapped out for a set that had LEDs in them. I'm not sure if those are available any more.

Old 03-31-2014 | 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

On 2) if you just want to connect the iPhone to stream music, you can get a little device called 'Tune2Air' for about $80 that plugs into the USB port in the center console and allows you to sync the iphone to stream music via bluetooth. I have it on my iphone - works really well

On 3) - there is a recent thread all about options here - there is a DRL replacement for the chrome blades on ebay from China - a little hard to fit (have to drop bumper off) - but seems to look good. And RodTee has created his own custom fit option into the chrome blade - have a look on the search for this site for the thread all about this recently

Congratulations on the new car - I'm sure you'll love it!

Old 04-02-2014 | 04:52 PM
|
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. I've ordered an adapter off eBay for £1.30 so hopefully that is a very cheap solution for the iPhone connection.

I asked jag if they have dlr available and got a quote at nearly £2000 so I won't be doing that.

I have to say the stratstone le Mann edition xfr I bought us amazing. The exhaust noise is outrageous compared with the standard xfr I test drove.

Did I make the right decision to sell my bullet proof Lexus iSF? Only time will tell but I'm happy I did so far even if the jag doesn't feel as honed for fast driving as the Lexus but the ride improvement makes up for that.

Old 04-02-2014 | 11:44 PM

Well the is-f is a fantastic car.However so is the jag ,I hope it is as problem free for you.I'd say it should definitely be a more comfortable ride at least. Congrats on the purchase Did you get white or black? Post a pic of the beauty I'd love to see it. Also what was the dealer going to do for drl's ?yours being an xfr has a different bumper so there are no blades to swap like the regular sc. I am Curious what the option was.

Last edited by apwrx; 04-02-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2014 | 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by harters
3. No Day-light running lights on the car and so what options do I have here as I would really like to get something professionally fitted by a bodyshop or similar.
One option is to have the dealer try to activate the Canadian DRL funtion that automatically turns on the low beams and the running lights whenever the car is in a drive mode.

Old 04-03-2014 | 11:19 PM

i don't know if the UK is the same but my 14' has LED daytime running lights on it that are around the headlamps. These also remain on while the headlamps are on.

Old 04-04-2014 | 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

I think the OP has bought a used 2010 model. The LEDs were part of the facelift that occurred for 2012 model year - those of us before that unfortunately have no LEDs...

Old 04-05-2014 | 05:15 AM
Veteran Member

I have had my dealer turn on the daytime headlight feature so I have daytime running lights, just not dedicated lamps like the LEDs.

Old 04-07-2014 | 12:26 AM
|

Hi. For the £2000 the dealer was just looking to replace the headlights (£700 each apparently) and the rest was some wiring changes or something like that. As soon as he said 2k I switched off lol

I went for the black edition with cream interior - that was the only one being sold in the country I could find. Pics in my profile I think

Old 04-10-2014 | 11:40 AM

Jaguar Voice was deactivated in late 2010 & 2011 models, but all the hardware was left as is so the dealer can apply to Jaguar USA for a code to reactivate it through reflash of the ECU. Be advised however, that the deactivation order came about because the system installed was greatly inferior to those on competing cars and Jaguar was getting murdered with complaints and in JD Power surveys. If you ask hard enough and often enough they will grudgingly reactivate it after making you promise to not complain about the performance.

Old 04-11-2014 | 07:04 AM
Default Voice Control

I have a MY11 XF which is actually a mid 2010 I have switched on the Voice control using the SDD, I get the menus on the touch screen nothing happens at all when pressing the voice button, it used to mute the audio.

Which module do I need to re-flash?, I am assuming the Telephone/Bluetooth. I have checked SDD and the following firmware versions are available not sure which one to use?.

8x23-10D893-AA 6G9N-14C552-AF
8x23-10D893-AB 6G9N-14C552-AJ
8x23-10D893-AC Ax23-14C552-AA

I can reprogram the module with each one going backwards but it would be helpful to know either the correct one or the version it already has so I don't start with that one?

Old 05-18-2014 | 01:33 PM

We'll I finally got voice activated on my UK 2010XF, I had successfully added the USB iPod interface but also wanted voice. I thought maybe after reading forums that jaguar had changed the hardware, they hadn't. It was all down to reading and interpreting the brochures and switching on the correct options in the CCF file using the program SoftwareDownload.htm which is part of IDS/SDD.

Current project is adding rear view camera.

Old 01-13-2016 | 06:51 PM

Can voice activated on my UK 2009 Xf it already has USB iPod interface working

Old 01-13-2016 | 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Denisaok
Can voice activated on my UK 2009 Xf it already has USB iPod interface working
One is not dependant on the other.
Most pre-2012 XFs have all the necessary for Voice except that it has not been activated.
Pretty sure they all came that way from the factory, then if you ordered/optioned Voice you had to pay extra for it.
Activating Voice was/is done by the dealer using the factory SDD system & software.
I think it's a relatively simple tweak to the CCF (Car Configuration File).
But apparently some dealers will do it and some won't (or say they can't!), seeing as it was a cost option.
This is not something you can do yourself, you need the factory SDD software and the correct peripherals (eg Mongoose cable) which cost a motza, and you need to know what you are doing.
Some forum members have this gear and knowledge (such as Reg above), it might be a matter of finding one reasonably local to you.

Old 01-14-2016 | 04:48 AM

As OzXFR said it is a programmable option it is part of the Sat Nav system on all of the XF versions. I have enable it on a Pre-Facelift and Facelift XF. I have had one problem Jag which failed completely wiping out the CCF file which required a Dealer to put it back, I am almost certain that this was due to another no-Jaguar retrofit having been installed into the system and connecting to the CAN Bus. For a completely standard car of both types it's just a matter of enabling Voice control in the Sat Nav and enabling the Microphone on the Pre facelift.

It's not something that can be rushed and due to the possibility of failure as well as needing a code from Jaguar to perform it that's why dealers usually won't do it. I use a piece of software that is available in the system but dealers are not taught to use as it is only part of the overall system and not normally used stand alone.

The SDD is a scary piece of software normally as it can be compared to connecting to the internet over a flaky connection and running and update to your PC. it's successful 99% of the time but there is always that 1% of failure which can be costly in both time and Money.

If people still want it done contact me via Private email and we can discuss it...

Old 01-14-2016 | 10:21 AM

Here is the thread on LED drl bumper blades
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...lights-103018/

Old 01-14-2016 | 04:26 PM

Hey Harters,

Welcome to the Le Mans club, i have a white one.........also i'm down the road from you!!! I live in Evesham.

We have the quick silver back boxes hence the deeper exhaust note........i have also had the centor resonator removed and have a de-silenced open air intake........have much more supercharger whine.

If you youtube XFR Le mans dyno run you can hear it.

Also we have a great tuning company on our door step.........Viezu tuning in Bidford upon Avon. Currently doing loads of work in tuning and styling for Jaguars.

Take care pal

Old 02-26-2018 | 01:24 PM

Hi RegGraham are you still involved in upgrading Jaguars ?
I have a 2010 XF Portfolio s and would like to enable Voice Command what is the posibility
Thanks

Quick Reply: Retro Fit Options