XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Scratches?? Best way to repair & Window roll-up issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scratches?? Best way to repair & Window roll-up issue

Hello-

New owner of an 09 XF and very happy with the purchase....but, I bought black on black which when clean is so sharp it's not even funny. My problem though is I am starting to see small scratches in the paint (nothing that I can contribute to the wife driving or to someone opening their door against it) but still obvious to me (now I am actually looking). I do not want to go out and get that "As Seen on TV" fix because I can only imagine how bad that would look. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and if so what they did to fix it? I can go to a dealer, but am not sure if they will repair that.

Another question, which may require me to go to the dealer (I did not buy from a Jag dealer). My right side windows when rolled down, if I try to roll them up with the click to go all the way up go about 1/2 way then back down again, kind of like it is a series of rolls that i am supposed to know what it means. Has anyone experienced this before? If I hold the up button it will go or if I try a few times it does work.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Others have reported faults in the power window operation. It seems likely that the auto reverse function to prevent pinched fingers or children may be faulty requiring new windw lift motors as I think the sensors are in those motors.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratches!

Depends if the scratches are in the clear coat or deeper and damage has been done to the paint. Both cases are fixable if you are handy with your car's polishing. you will need to purchase some tools though and make some investment. If you follow the instructions, and have the time, the results can be concourse level! there are many sites providing products for this matter, I use autogeek.net for my Jaguar and my other cars, results are usually very impressive!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 AM

thank you both very much. I am going to schedule an appt at the dealer to have them check that.

and the scratch thing, I am not brave enough to do it on my own so I will need to find someone to take care of it for me. they are very deep though (small but deep).

Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM

Have you tried resetting the window switch? The manual should tell you how to do this. I had a problem with my drivers side not automatically going up and after resetting it worked just fine.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Originally Posted by alfredtv
and the scratch thing, I am not brave enough to do it on my own so I will need to find someone to take care of it for me. they are very deep though (small but deep).
Fear is your enemy, Alfred. Be not afraid...but you ARE in CA, after all, not a "Big" state to us Texans, but I grant it IS long, top to bottom. So are you too far away from Dave at Innovative Detailing? He is a resident detailer here on the forum and I think you can grasp an extreme comfort level by reviewing some of his posts and vid's over on the Detailing section.

But if he's too far away...get yourself the Meguiar's MF/DA correction kit and and a PC D/A and have a go, you won't hurt it. Here is my experience:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/d...pective-56723/

as you can see....I led with fear......but finished nicely