XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Securing those hood vents

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts
Default Securing those hood vents

So a bud of mine on the forums also here in SoCal (LA) lost a very nicely, custom painted hood vent from his XFR running fast a few days ago,
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...reeway-173117/
Knowing mine were kinda loose fitting too, I decided to tape mine in also with some 3M molding adhesive. This stuff is super strong, and will last the life of the car.

The hood insulation must come off, just squeeze this type of retainer together and roll it out.

Just a bit more challenging you screw it out, then pull the screw out, then pull out the screws housing.

Insulation off, the vent trim and retention clips are exposed.

You want to pry gently on the raised area of the tab, just until it releases.

Again, you want to pry gently inward on the raised area of the tab, just until it releases. You'll have 6 to do, I used a small screwdriver.

Bam!

Clean the area real good, I used alcohol, it's also better if the surface is warm. Lay out your tape it's double sided.

Clean the part too. Then remove the second cover from the tape.

Then pres the vent trim straight down into the hood, if you get it cocked, just put a towel down and press in on the retainer clip with a screwdriver until it pops into place. Push it down by going all around it with a folded towel. NO MORE LOOSE VENT TRIM!

The following users liked this post:
ariba (03-09-2018)