XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

seeking input re: takata airbag recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question seeking input re: takata airbag recall

I originally posted this as a reply in the previous "takata airbag recall" thread; however I'm unsure if it was ever read. In hindsight I believe it is more appropriate as a new thread. I'm new to this so please forgive my transgression if I have violated proper forum etiquette.

this is verbatim what I posted as a reply to the original thread:

"I have some confusion re: Takata airbag recall. My 09 XF is Canadian spec but the car was registered in California initially by the previous owner and now by myself upon purchasing it in 05/2017. Being that it's Canadian spec - it shows "invalid vin" when I run it on the NHTSA website as well as on the JagUSA site. I called Jaguar Canada and was told they show no open recall on my particular vehicle and not to worry about it.

The recall info on the NHTSA site states that any 2009 Jag XF that was delivered or ever registered in certain states - California being one of them - is subject to the recall.

My concern is that I'm "slipping through the cracks" due to the Canadian spec and subsequent registration in California and my vehicle is not being identified as one in need of the repair and that I continue to drive with this potentially deadly safety issue.
This is my first Jag and I've never been involved before with a recall situation ono any vehicle I've ever owned. Am I missing something or do I have a legitimate safety concern? "

Old 08-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Received 317 Likes on 243 Posts

It must mean that any vehicle sent and first registered in the USA for that year would be subject to this recall. My suggestion would be to call a Dealer there in L.A. and see what they say.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

what if you call a dealer in canada and ask them to run your VIN