XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Setting up my KUDA dash phone mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Setting up my KUDA dash phone mount

After looking at was available, I was not impressed with my usual 'go to' phone mounts made by Brodit. They make 2 of them but with both, I weren't happy with thier location. Then I saw KUDA also make a mount which sits right in the middle of dash which is the perfect location for me as it's easy to reach and means my eyes don't leave the road when I'm adjusting it. It's also black leather like my dash.

Trouble is, it's LHD, not a big issue as it just means it's slanted the wrong way but a piece of black foam cut to shape has fixed this. Then I mounted a magnet on the foam to stick my phone to. Not too happy with the look of the foam in my car so I will be swapping this out for a black leather wrapped piece of wood that I will fabricate. I managed to route and hide the charging cable at the back of the dash, under the speaker and mount so it just pops out where the phone will go, which is a nice touch.

The 2nd picture didn't come out too good as I took it with laptop as the phone is in use. I'm running torque which is showing the coolant temp and boost on the 2 clocks. You can have loads more dials but I really I only want to see the coolant temp, vacuum/boost and gear number when in drive mode but I'm yet to get the gear number display to work. Mostly I need it there for Google maps navigation with it's extremely accurate traffic times, it removes the stress of waiting when I know how long it's going to take.

Bad laptop pic, but u get the idea.