XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Small "review" of "old" XF 4.2SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Small "review" of "old" XF 4.2SC

Cars preferencies is very individual. For me car should be silent, smooth refined and dynamic when driver needs. I have tried many cars and none had all virtues i wanted except 2009 XF 4.2 SC. Friend of mine have XF XFR tuned to 596HP and while if pulls better( from 1000rpm already) it it a bit "nervous" and abit more harder supension(could be tyres?)

I have tried Lexus GS, Mercedes CLS, BMW 550- none of them were like 4.2SC XF.

I would like to have some upgrades on my car to further enchance best 4.2SC features.

1) Does anyone produce custom exaust which sounds more silent than stock? its fine, but after 3000rpm it start to be heard in cabin. I read many threads when someone wants and gets louder exaust (still cant understand why on earth they does that? )

2)I want to use 1 size more height tyres ( 255/40/R20 in front and 285/35/R20 in back) rear tyres is OK, but the front tyres would fit within 1mm clearance between tyre top and bolt of front suspension. I can cut/grind that bolt for more clearance. Does anybody did that? I think system can be reprogramed for diferent sized wheels(I have Jaguar SSD dealer software) the problem I want to keep original 20inch wheels but have bigger tyres profiles, going to 19inch would be easiest way thought..

3)My charger coolers and especialy air intake is VERY HOT, while radiators og charge coolers is almost cold (checked pump-its fine) on my friend's xfr 5 liter SC they barely warm(same for radiator).Maybe more stronger pump is option? I realy concerned as my air filters are very hot as well. hot air to charger is not good thing..

4)anyone have expierence rebuilding gearbox with stronger components like exedy cluch elements and(possibly) stronger torgue converter from 6hp32 gearbox?

my only complaint of this car is gearbox -its on the limits of engine ability and even prevents it form being used at full potential (especialy at 1st gear)

thanks a million

Last edited by elviukai; 08-17-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:21 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Send your thoughts over the S-Type list since your car is essentially a re-bodied STR. Ideas may be forth coming.
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green