XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Smash and Grab

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

My youngest is two and he rides him around and uses him as a pillow. They are awesome with kids too. I think they are the best breed and they make great apartment dogs LOL They have a strong guard instinct and never turn. He has great instincts and was very easy to train, I did it all myself. He goes in my side yard only so just once a week clean up. He sits, stays, shakes, downs, rolls over, jumps, stands on hind legs and barks all on hand OR voice commands. I rescued him at 4 months so he was free. I don't think hes full Dane but you would not know from the size. He has the wrong nose markings for a fawn/mantle.

He eats 6 cups of rice, a dozen raw eggs and a 35lb bag of kibble every 3 weeks which isn't too bad, (about $700 a year). I had him fixed at 10 months. I give him his baths, brush his teeth and trim his nails myself. He trusts me 100% so gentle.

The downside is the life span is short, 7-12 years is all you get.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Agree on the breed. Lost my Dane way to early. Feel like we are hijacking the thread, need to start a pet thread.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

UPDATE:

Received a call from a Jacksonville Police Detective yesterday. They caught the perp through DNA match (guess it takes a few months for the evidence to come back).

He is a serial offender who has about 15 counts against his record and a history of being in and out of the pen. They have DNA evidence on him from another vehicle, suspect him of multiple break ins reported in the area, and said it should be an open and shut case...

Cheers,

- Will

Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Great news that this guy was caught and that the police followed up. It's amazing how many crimes are committed by one individual.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear it! I got my car about the same time as you did if I recall correctly so I was especially bummed for you.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmith
Great to hear it! I got my car about the same time as you did if I recall correctly so I was especially bummed for you.
Thanks man.

Also my leather interiors came in this week and the dealer had the car Tuesday through today replacing the damaged items, picked up the car this morning. Basically entire backseat lower and upper leather has been replaced and the driver's seat leather has been replaced except for the seat pan.

The new leather is duller and pilled in some areas. Does seem to be the same high quality full grain leather. Dealer said that it will flatten out with some time... I think the dullness is just due to it being new. It has some flourlike material embedded on the surface that must be from either the packaging or tanning process. I think once I get some Lexol leather conditioner on it and detail the interior should shine up a bit.

They also replaced the passenger airbag cover which was scratched. It has a slightly different, duller finish as well. My wife says I'm being too picky... she drove the car home and didn't notice at all...

Cheers,

- Will

Last edited by macboots; 02-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm glad they caught the guy -- pretty impressive police work.

I had forgotten that XFs have no impact sensor, interior motion detector or inclination sensor. So, your car can easily be towed away and stolen, or someone can break in through a window without ever setting off the alarm (although based on this report, the through-the-window technique does not seem like such a good idea). On my Jaguar S-type, I had an tilt sensor installed to prevent tow-aways, and on my Porsche I have an impact sensor (although it does have an interior motion detector anyway) and an inclination sensor. All these are made by Viper) and were pretty easily installed by a car audio shop.

Viper - Digital Tilt Motion Sensor

Looks like the impact sensor is no longer made, but here's the link to their glass breakage detector:

Viper - Audio Glass Break Sensor

Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have Mopar EVTS on mine. you might check that out. If the car moves after been turned off and has not been started with the smart key it reports itself stolen. I also have it set up to send me a text whenever it goes faster then 150 MPH. You can go online and track your car in real time. You can also go online and see where your car has been. It uses cell and GPS so less dead spots. Works in Canada and Mexico. I get a huge discount $30 a month on my car insurance for having it.

The system was $600 installed at a Chrysler dealership. They comp'ed me the first year for free.