XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Some questions about the XF (Potential buyer)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fastlanz
I bought my 11 XFR used last year. Wasn't even considering a Jag but after driving it I went with the Jag. Perhaps a little more than a NA version but for the price/performance you can't beat it. Not sure how much you like power/performance but after the eurocharged tune / pulley the car is exactly what I was hoping for. Even stock it was pretty fast but the midrange pull now is substantial. Apart from performance the upgraded sound system is awesome if you have a digital source "don't listen to it on FM". So far couldn't be happier which is a very rare thing when buying a car. If you're not into power so much the NA version should be fine but for a little more coin you get something really special... For piece of mind I would get an extended warranty if possible. Something major can set you back thousands. So far though the car seems really solid.
Is the upgraded sound a standard feature on the XFR? How many versions of sound systems are available for the 2010 S/C does anyone know? Sound is very important to me also!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Here you go.. Looks like the upgraded B&W sound system was standard on the XFR. Like I said you need a digital source in order to activate the "dolby pro logic" mode that uses all the speakers. In this mode you can opt for stereo , 3 speaker surround or dolby pro logic which in my opinion sounds the best. FM alone sounds terrible but dolby pro logic with a high bit digital source sounds amazing. Was very happy once I figured that out. I also have the red painted callipers which I think looks cool...

2011 Jaguar XF Standard & Optional Equipment

The following users liked this post:
Jkoogler (04-21-2019)
Old 04-14-2016, 04:03 PM

Looking over the options the XFR has some pretty expensive options as standard equipment. Good luck...

webshark (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Here you go.. Looks like the upgraded B&W sound system was standard on the XFR. Like I said you need a digital source in order to activate the "dolby pro logic" mode that uses all the speakers. In this mode you can opt for stereo , 3 speaker surround or dolby pro logic which in my opinion sounds the best. FM alone sounds terrible but dolby pro logic with a high bit digital source sounds amazing. Was very happy once I figured that out. I also have the red painted callipers which I think looks cool...

2011*Jaguar*XF Standard & Optional Equipment
In my 2010 XFR the Dolby Pro Logic works with the analog AUX input as well, at least it does on my car. And yes, it does sound WAY better than the 3ch stereo. I use a small bluetooth streamer connected to the AUX power and AUX audio in the armrest.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:13 PM

Yes is does work on aux as well. Not sure why it won't activate when listening to an FM radio station. Just found out there's suppose to be a garage door opener. Have you programmed yours? Thx...

Old 04-14-2016, 06:03 PM

Can you guys have a look at this CARFAX report and tell me your opinions on things replaced, worked on?

Thanks

Old 04-14-2016, 06:37 PM

From what I'm seeing the things replaced can happen on any car. As long as your not shelling out the money to have it fixed it's all good. I'm not seeing any major issues.. Engine, transmission, differential. I question if any service was done between 0 and 40K miles as it's not showing up but probably was done but not recorded. Likely not an issue.
Make sure you do not have any warning lights on the dash such as check engine, tpms etc. These can be easily cleared but will generally pop back up relatively quickly if there is an underlying issue. The underlying issue can be expensive to fix. If all is well there take it to an independent garage "if possible" to have it checked "for accidents" and plan on spending some money in the first year or two of ownership. You will likely need new rotors/pads which is around 1k if you get good stuff and do it yourself as well as tires another 500 to 1k. They'll tell you the brakes / tires are still ok but they are likely on their way out unless they were changed recently and this car loves tires especially if you start pushing it around corners.
Also make sure accessories like the rear sunscreen / sunroof work properly. One thing that may make it easier on you is understanding you are buying a used car that will likely require some investment in the first year so plan on it. Get a "good" extended warranty. One that covers seals etc. I paid around 3k for mine but it covers all major components for 5 years or 60K miles. It's more money but I sleep well at night.

webshark (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 06:41 PM

One last thing. If you decide to buy an extended warranty make sure the company is reputable and doesn't give people the run around when/if it comes time to make a claim. Also make sure you know of a garage that has previously worked with the extended warranty company and has processed claims with them without issue. If you can get it from the dealer that would be my first choice but sometimes it depends on the mileage.

webshark (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 06:45 PM

One last thing. If you decide to buy an extended warranty make sure the company is reputable and doesn't give people the run around when/if it comes time to make a claim. Also make sure you know of a garage that has previously worked with the extended warranty company and has processed claims with them without issue. If you can get it from the dealer that would be my first choice but sometimes it depends on the mileage.

Is there any recommended companies that one may suggest? Can the warranty be purchased after buying the car or can it only be purchased when the car is ?

Old 04-14-2016, 06:50 PM

Frequently the warranty has to be purchased from the dealer when you buy the car. Read up on the various warranty company reviews online. Some are better than others then call around for quotes. Their coverage can vary greatly depending on the plan you choose. If you're buying from a dealer they likely have this info. for you. Prices will also vary depending on the deductible you may have to pay per claim.

webshark (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

THe CarFax shows a few electrical issues, I would definitely extended warr it. Mine is through from the dealer through Wells Fargo Cost $3600, term is 2 years or 2Kmi, $200 deductible. Used 1 time $3000 A/C condenser and engine cooling fan replacement. Jag of Anaheim Hills loves dealing with WF. as far as finding one

Used Cars and New Cars | Browse Cars For Sale by City - Auto.com

I got mine from WestCoast Auto sales in Monte Claire CA. as they let me do things like look all over and under the car

Before I bought it. Gave me paperwork showing they had the supercharger rebuilt by Eaton, they picked up and dropped the car off after a sunroof repair.

Last edited by Bigg Will; 04-14-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

I see the one your CarFax is on, but the next 2 are nice as well and within reach of the one you posted price wise
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...=GN_REFINEMENT
And this one WOW!
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5548/overview/

webshark (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 08:50 PM

Great find Bigg Will....

webshark (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:23 PM

To be honest guys, im kinda pushing it with the current one, these are great finds for sure, but im trying to keep financing to a minimum so that the monthly is not gonna choke me.. With the taxes and fees and then an extended warranty im probably kidding myself at the moment.. Waiting on some things to change.. had some major losses of late and trying to get back together, so i really should stay below 25..

Old 04-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So today I drove the 2009 xf supercharged with 71k miles...

Turns out the car ha 2 owners, the second owner is a huge car enthusiast and a race bike rider every weekend. The car has been maintained in the same dealership it's whole life and they literally all highway miles. He pointed the wheels in a custom finish and lowered the car on coils and springs. When I drove it I quickly learned why everyone tells me that once you drive the SC you won't look back at the NA lol

The car has a few defects interior wise which can help me lower the price, but other than that the car is immaculate and sits at 22k which I might be able to drop to 20 considering the defects and miles.

I really am considering on pulling the trigger and getting a power train warranty up to 120k miles. Any thoughts?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:03 AM

Have you driven one that has not been lowered? I love the way my 2011 xfr stock suspension feels. It's really a unique characteristic of the car. As Jeremy Clarkson put it "It's like driving on a fat dog". My experience "on a previous car" is after market parts always end up being a pita. There tends to be fitment/quality issues or clunks or stuff of that nature that develop. It's really hard to detect this stuff on a quick test drive. I believe in 2010 they changed engines and went with a 5.0l supercharged. I can't speak to the 2009 engine but the 5.0l SC hauls *** especially with a tune. You can probably find one for close to the same price. Warranty is an excellent idea on a used car of this nature and they tend to be reasonable.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...19745492,d.amc

Old 04-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you driven one that has not been lowered? I love the way my 2011 xfr stock suspension feels. It's really a unique characteristic of the car. As Jeremy Clarkson put it "It's like driving on a fat dog". My experience "on a previous car" is after market parts always end up being a pita. There tends to be fitment/quality issues or clunks or stuff of that nature that develop. It's really hard to detect this stuff on a quick test drive. I believe in 2010 they changed engines and went with a 5.0l supercharged. I can't speak to the 2009 engine but the 5.0l SC hauls *** especially with a tune. You can probably find one for close to the same price. Warranty is an excellent idea on a used car of this nature and they tend to be reasonable.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...19745492,d.amc

Haven't driven an xfr unfortunately but I did drive a 2012 NA 5.0 and the body roll wasn't much but after driving a Bmw and a 350z I really notice it in corners where as this one I drove felt planted and almost resembling the characteristics of the z but still soft and smooth (even with the 20inch wheels). I would love be updated engine but there's nothing in the 5.0 within that price in the 200 mile radius

Last edited by Old Sport; 04-16-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:12 PM

At the end of the day if the car feels right to you that's all that matters. Sounds like the car has still retained it's characteristics but with less body roll. Looks great too... Have it checked out for accidents and get a warranty. It sounds like the previous owner did it right.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:37 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by webshark
Hey guys!

I am interested in possibly purchasing a 2009/2010 - XF Premium Luxury or Supercharged..

The online reviews seem to be pretty solid and in favor of these models but a mechanic friend told me they have lots of reliability issues. Id like to ask you owners firstly your opinion and secondly what are the major things to look for when buying a used 2009/2010 model..

Is there a list of common issues to mindful of before purchasing?

Your input is much appreciated!! Thanks!
Buy a later model 5.0 litre supercharged. You will be Very happy. I am thrilled everytime a M5 owner gets blown away at being badly beaten by an "Old man car".

webshark (04-18-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John Dobbins
Buy a later model 5.0 litre supercharged. You will be Very happy. I am thrilled everytime a M5 owner gets blown away at being badly beaten by an "Old man car".
And the 5.0 SC cars have a twin screw supercharger instead of Eaton roots blower, is way more efficient, mine averages 28 mpg on freeway and average city-highway for last 10k miles is 21mpg. I don't drive like grandma either.

webshark (04-18-2016)

Quick Reply: Some questions about the XF (Potential buyer)