XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Subwoofer install

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Subwoofer install

I wanted to install a sub in an XF Luxury with the basic audio unit. I purchased an under seat unit by Pioneer that allows patching in on the standard speaker output when I dedicated sub output is unavailable. Could somebody please advise the best and most accessible place to do this patch?

Old 12-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a similar unit from alpine (under seat powered sub) which I am waiting to install too.

I know that there are speaker wires in the trunk you can tap into because the stock speaker amplifier is in the trunk.

hope someone can chime in and offer some advise as I’m interested too.

Old 06-11-2022, 03:38 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hen555
I got a similar unit from alpine (under seat powered sub) which I am waiting to install too.

I know that there are speaker wires in the trunk you can tap into because the stock speaker amplifier is in the trunk.

hope someone can chime in and offer some advise as I’m interested too.
Did you ever complete this? Thinking about doing the same. Could use some advice.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:26 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedxf
Did you ever complete this? Thinking about doing the same. Could use some advice.
I did a lot of trial and error tapping into front vs rear. I ended up tapping to the front stereo L and R lines at the amplifier in the trunk. Needed to use a car trim pry tool to pop the trunk fastener and then pulled the liner down where you can see the amplifier.

I used a Jaguar XF manual which I found online somewhere, maybe on this forum, it had the wiring diagram for the amp for my 2012 base stereo (no sub). I used that to determine phase (+ and -) and determine wire colour coding for which one is which.

Also I recommend getting an active line output converter I got the LC2i because I had to turn the gain up to max on the subwoofers built in amp which it wasn’t good enough. The LC2i boosted the signal so I didn’t have to max anything.

I do wish I got a bigger sub because my alpine underseat sub is meant to be under the seat and not in the trunk, so it is kind of weak and does not hit the ultra low frequencies good enough. For the amount of power it uses it is still good. Still is an upgrade as I notice a decent improvement and some songs sound really good with it actually.