XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Supercharger 'porting' ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Supercharger 'porting' ??

A friend of mine suggested that for maximum cat-love I should have my supercharger 'ported'.

It doesn't seem very expensive - but what exactly is 'porting'? What kind of HP gains should be expected? Would it require that my ECU remap be re-re-mapped?

Anyone done it?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Your garage lists you as having a 09 XF Supercharged (Eaton M112 supercharger). The Eaton M112 is used in the 03-04 Mustang Cobra so there is a huge aftermarket around the Eaton M112. The XF blower does have a different snout but as far as porting goes it should be the same. Here is a good XK thread on the Eaton M112:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...on-info-33830/

Another good read:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...0hp-*-*-80588/

You might want to google Eaton M112 porting and contact some shops that offer it. Searching mustang forums for before and after results would be a good idea as well.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 12-03-2012 at 12:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Randy (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy
A friend of mine suggested that for maximum cat-love I should have my supercharger 'ported'.

It doesn't seem very expensive - but what exactly is 'porting'? What kind of HP gains should be expected? Would it require that my ECU remap be re-re-mapped?

Anyone done it?
Originally Posted by Randy

Anyone done it?
Porting the supercharger is similar to porting the heads of your engine block. I've been thinking about doing it, but once this is done you can't go back, i.e. you can remove the pulley or flash ECU back to stock. If you port the s/c you will absolutely need to get something for helping with the heatsoak, especially down here in Houston. The typical gain is about 7-10% according to the shop I'm talking with and I'd have to assume you'd need a reflash of the ECU after. My place will reflash my car for free as long as I own it.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I've actually considered getting the supercharger on my XFR ported, but I'm not sure I'm gonna get a lot of value out of it. There are a ton of factors involved in getting better performance out of the car, and I speculate that without a proper tune, the improvements will only be marginal. The results are good in communities where people can actually have their cars tuned, but (speaking specifically of the 5.0) all we have available is a canned flash. I don't believe that a canned flash will be able to take advantage of the changes to the supercharger. Again, this is just conjecture, so don't take it as absolute fact.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakka
I've actually considered getting the supercharger on my XFR ported, but I'm not sure I'm gonna get a lot of value out of it. There are a ton of factors involved in getting better performance out of the car, and I speculate that without a proper tune, the improvements will only be marginal. The results are good in communities where people can actually have their cars tuned, but (speaking specifically of the 5.0) all we have available is a canned flash. I don't believe that a canned flash will be able to take advantage of the changes to the supercharger. Again, this is just conjecture, so don't take it as absolute fact.
Your exactly right Rakka, interesting this topic has come up. I was on the phone today with a gentleman name Stuart over at RSCtuning and we chatted about this for an hour or so. This guy knows his stuff, he works on major high end cars, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, just to name a few. He said they have been tuning Jags for the better of 10 years and have written many codes to adapt to different set ups and that he could offer a custom tune based on what is done to the car. One of his accounts happens to be a Jaguar dealership in Orlando FL and he does all there tunes for customers. Call him up, he can answer any question you have. RSCtuning.com he also offers a center piece with x-pipe for our exhaust, it's a straight bolt up.