XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Takata airbag update - finally

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019 | 07:42 PM
|
Default Takata airbag update - finally

Well, I'm getting bombarded by Jaguar every way possible (FB, mail, email) and I've finally decided to get the Takata bags updated. Dealer says, while you wait, in and out in 2 hrs. Anyone done this yet? Issues? Warnings? I'll be watching mileage to make sure we don't get any test runs

Old 11-23-2019 | 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by allenman85
Well, I'm getting bombarded by Jaguar every way possible (FB, mail, email) and I've finally decided to get the Takata bags updated. Dealer says, while you wait, in and out in 2 hrs. Anyone done this yet? Issues? Warnings? I'll be watching mileage to make sure we don't get any test runs
most have had it done.. i waited a while - dealer did free oil change as incentive to bring it in - yours may do the same - ask em

Old 11-24-2019 | 10:42 AM

i got a free oil change as well, along with free car rental. They gave me a brand new Porsche Cayenne, not bad for a rental They also did a recall for i think a power steering tube or something,so it ended up taking them 3 or 4 days as they had some struggles, but i don't think they were airbag related issues.

Old 11-26-2019 | 12:56 AM

Find it hard to believe that people would wait this long and put themselves and their passenger at risk over a safety issue that is a free fix.

Old 11-26-2019 | 03:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StuG
Find it hard to believe that people would wait this long and put themselves and their passenger at risk over a safety issue that is a free fix.
Sometimes I wish I was stupid so all the stupid people wouldn't infuriate me so much.

Old 11-26-2019 | 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by StuG
laughably, I consider all the unsafe things around us that we're not being told can kill or injure us - if we wanted no risk, we'd surrender our 4,000+ lb automotive missiles to the scrap yard for fear of hurting ourselves or others with them. In my example, and I rarely drive the car compared to most (seldom with passengers), the dealer is a 4 hr round trip just to get the loaner car b/c they want to keep it for 3 days. Then another 4 hr trip to go pick up the car when they decide they are complete. Definitely a cost, but a different kind. Just offering another perspective.

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Sometimes I wish I was stupid so all the stupid people wouldn't infuriate me so much.
I believe you're referring to your natural gifting of intuition sir. Answers come to you immediately, perhaps before another has finished with the question and your patience level to wait for them to catch up is.. let's say reduced - lol. I often state similar spirited sentiments re: areas where I feel I'm more expert than others. Something to the effect of "I'm glad others aren't so good at "...", because if everyone was good at "...", I wouldn't easily be leading them". Problem with these types of sentiments is that they're born more so from our own fears of personal inadequacies than from a spot of security with both myself and the others around us. I really should just choose contentment with who I am and step forward to get ahead, rather than push everyone else behind. We all have amazing areas of strengths and resultant areas of blind spots. We should each consider this in ourselves and in others in how we choose to communicate. To each their own. Just a seed of thought and perspective.

Old 11-27-2019 | 09:00 PM
|

Well I *never* drive the car and the last time I was at the dealer, they actually told me "don't do it, we can't get the dash back correctly and it'll squeak" -- so based on that I delayed.

Fast forward. Even worse today. I set up my appointment. The guy was nice but flippant when I set up the appointment. Sure enough. I roll in to the dealer and they "can't find" my appointment and haven't ordered parts. Can you come back in two weeks? Sigh...very disappointing. Just for interest, it was Jaguar Land Rover, Frisco, TX that F'd me over today.