XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Thinking of '11 XF? Your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Always buy a aftermarket Warranty if you can. Cars great to drive but you will kick yourself if something fails and your out of warranty - it will cost you perhaps more that the car !

Old 03-26-2017, 03:33 PM
rjm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bollocsk187
Always buy a aftermarket Warranty if you can. Cars great to drive but you will kick yourself if something fails and your out of warranty - it will cost you perhaps more that the car !
Which I'm wishing I had done now.

Drove it last weekend and "COOLANT LEVEL LOW" popped up. Didn't panic as owner's manual reads as if this is a normal occurrence over long periods. But went to drive it this morning, and "COOLANT LEVEL LOW" pops up again.

UGH.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm

Drove it last weekend and "COOLANT LEVEL LOW" popped up. Didn't panic as owner's manual reads as if this is a normal occurrence over long periods. But went to drive it this morning, and "COOLANT LEVEL LOW" pops up again.

UGH.
Check your actual coolant level. This can sometimes be a failed sensor in the coolant reservoir which becomes porous and sinks causing the alert. If you do a search I think you will find some workarounds - unfortunately the sensor is part of the coolant reservoir tank so that whole item would need replacement but it's not a huge part cost ISTR.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,273 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm

UGH.
The question: did you actually check the coolant reservoir and refill with (pink) fluid? Any sign of seepage at the hose outlets of the reservoir or from a crack underneath? Hoses and hose fittings intact? Seepage from the water pump?
You do not want to risk overheating.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Go for 2012+ XFR

Old 04-01-2017, 10:19 AM
rjm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I had checked/done everything y'all recommend, but it was the water pump.

Disappointed that it failed at 28,xxx miles. Told the dealer that I know its 6 years old but it shouldn't have failed at that low of mileage.

But the good news is that I called Jaguar and they agreed to pay half the replacement costs. I was quite surprised as I didn't they corporate would do anything other than be sympathetic. I was doubly surprised that it occurred so quickly. The gentleman with whom I spoke said he call me back within 2 business days. Imagine my surprise when he called within the hour. I pleaded for more, but half was all he would go which amounted to Jag paid for parts and I paid the dealer labor.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I had checked/done everything y'all recommend, but it was the water pump.

Disappointed that it failed at 28,xxx miles. Told the dealer that I know its 6 years old but it shouldn't have failed at that low of mileage.

But the good news is that I called Jaguar and they agreed to pay half the replacement costs. I was quite surprised as I didn't they corporate would do anything other than be sympathetic. I was doubly surprised that it occurred so quickly. The gentleman with whom I spoke said he call me back within 2 business days. Imagine my surprise when he called within the hour. I pleaded for more, but half was all he would go which amounted to Jag paid for parts and I paid the dealer labor.
Wow !!! That is awesome that JLR hooked you up like that !!! Hope you enjoy the XF