XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Thinking of buying XF

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Did the 09 SC have quad exhaust tips like the '11 SC? The radiance great neck car does not have the quad tips.
No. They were single somewhat trapezoidal tips on each side.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry S
No. They were single somewhat trapezoidal tips on each side.
I actually prefer that myself. My new '09 XF Premium has the same tips, and I think it looks built into the car better than quad round tips.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by arlingtonman
I actually prefer that myself. My new '09 XF Premium has the same tips, and I think it looks built into the car better than quad round tips.
I used to think that as well when I bought mine, then I installed the Mina exhaust and it looks awesome! The stock quad pipes that come on some of the cars are simply to small and the trapezoidal stock exhaust is much nicer than the stock quad pipes.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Biased

Guys you are so biased towards XF! But unfortunately, I fall into the same category. Saying this most people here have come from BMW or Mercedes or both so it is a fair opinion. I am in the same; driven BMW and Mercs for over 20 years and decided to make a change 6 months ago. I bought a brand new XF Luxury and has never looked back. I am completely happy with it and it so so rare here in Hong Kong so I get constant stares at it when I park it. People just love the design. It is stylish but subtle.
The only thing is 24 MPG max it can get since we are only allowed Petrol cars in HK. But, I had a BMW 330CI which drank the same. I don't drive often so it suits me fine. If you are a keen motorway drink and frequent I suggest the diesel. Overall, I am very satisfied with it for the 6 months I had it. You will find that you are always turning your head to look at it for some reason. It's not something I ever did with a Merc or a BMW.

The following 2 users liked this post by XFFan:
arlingtonman (06-15-2012), edobernig (06-15-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by XFFan
You will find that you are always turning your head to look at it for some reason. It's not something I ever did with a Merc or a BMW.
I find I do the same. Every time I'm walking away from it, I turn around 3 or 4 times just to make sure its real.

And people do the same. Last night I went to Panera Bread to grab takeout on my way home (of course, not to be eaten in the Jag!) and of the 15 or so people sitting at the outdoor tables, not ONE of them didn't stare as I drove by and pulled in. I avoided making eye contact as I walked into the restaurant, and when I came back out, they were all still looking at it, then chatting among themselves (I assume about it) and then turned back looking at it again. BMWs don't get that level of attention around here - every doctor or lawyer drives one. And Mercs aren't very common, but the ones that you do see are C240s or C300s and everyone knows they're $30k cars, so whats to be impressed about?

The one thing I find unsettling is when people ask me what it costs. That comes with a small town, though, but it comes across as being nosy. One person even asked me what it costs and how I financed it, blah blah blah. I just said "probably too much" and blew it over, which is my common response. If they want to know how much it costs (which I honestly can't see why they care), there's always Google.

Arlingtonman

Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ha! I thought that only happened to me. Whenever I get asked about the cost of my XFR it always annoys me. Normally I say I have no idea what it costs because it was a birthday gift from my father in law. That's a lie of course but it usually shuts people up. As I walk away I'm sure they wonder what my father in law does for a living that he could just toss me a Jag for my birthday. I actually giggle a bit as I drive off.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by SugarChev
Ha! I thought that only happened to me. Whenever I get asked about the cost of my XFR it always annoys me. Normally I say I have no idea what it costs because it was a birthday gift from my father in law. That's a lie of course but it usually shuts people up. As I walk away I'm sure they wonder what my father in law does for a living that he could just toss me a Jag for my birthday. I actually giggle a bit as I drive off.
Funny! I would giggle too, though most of my nosy neighbors would be audacious enough to ask what my father-in-law does for a living, how much he makes, what car he drives, what his name is, and where he lives.

That's small-town life for you.