XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Thinking of purchasing a 2011 jaguar xfr

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of purchasing a 2011 jaguar xfr

Hi I've recently been looking to buy a jaguar a 2011 jaguar xfr and was looking for good and bad feed back

Old 09-22-2018, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use your brain and get an XF supercharged. Same car minus a few tweaks I think like different engine tune, different seats, not sure about other stuff.

I used my heart and got me a 2011 XFR. I love the car. It looks great and has very nice power.. I have had mines for over a year. So far it's pretty reliable with no issues. I did crack a TPMS sensor on a pothole once.

My complaints are a slow dated head unit, my satellite presets erase every few months,interior seating space is tighter than a honda accord, and fear of one day having bubbling dash board.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 2010 XF Supercharged. The Supercharged model will save you thousands. It has the exact same engine and power capability of the XFR. Get an ecu tune for around 1200 dollars, it will be equal to or faster than the XFR. If not buying from a certified Jaguar dealer, I wouldn't buy until having full pre purchase inspection done by dealer or certified Jaguar Indy shop.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,231 Likes on 2,385 Posts

I had a 2010 XFR so the same as 2011 (facelift was 2012).
Good:
Still a stylish looking car eight years later.
A bit of an understated Q car that doesn't pretend to look anything like as quick as it really is, no garish vents, stripes or massive spoilers etc.
Still blows away most other cars on the road.
Can (now) be tuned to be even quicker for not many $.
A really good compromise of a smooth serene cruiser when you want it to be and a high performance weapon when the mood strikes.
Very good fuel economy for the performance.
Relatively rare.
Reasonably reliable and trouble-free, but see the bad below.
It's a Jaaaaaaag!
Bad:
Not a lot of room in the back seat, but adequate for most passengers.
Dealers charge an "XFR tax" for servicing and repairs.
Major repairs and service items are expensive.
The infotainment and particularly the SatNav is very old and clunky (but the Bowers & Wilkins sound system is still pretty good).
Most are now getting on for higher mileage and a few have developed some problems - rattling supercharger (torsion isolator), timing chain tensioners that rattle, coolant system leaks and failures (pumps, plastic pipes etc), intake valves and inlets clogged with carbon deposits, door lock actuators that fail, gearboxes that now need a fluid flush and replace and so on. All of these are discussed at length on this forum.
They chew through tyres, brake pads and brake rotors fairly quickly.
Dodgy TPMS.

As with all used cars there are good examples and bad examples, don't buy unless you know the complete history of the car, it has been thoroughly inspected and you have test driven it.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xfr

the only problem I can't find any xf supercharged with under 50k miles the xfr I'm looking at has 19k

Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Cowger
the only problem I can't find any xf supercharged with under 50k miles the xfr I'm looking at has 19k
19k miles or dollars
If miles that's incredibly low for that age. As other above say, do a full pre purchase inspection by someone who really knows these cars and the issues to look for
Mine is a 2010 XF SC and has been terrific. Had it for 6 years now and nothing more than annual service plus a few relatively small issues.

As for XFR vs SC I would say it doesn't really matter. They are basically the same except for a slight tuning difference and a few cosmetic items. And honestly at this age I'd be surprised if there is much of a price difference. So I would get the best well cared for model you can find

Old 09-24-2018, 06:25 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Cowger
i would be more concerned with the vehicles service history and prior owners upkeep rather than mileage. Since we are talking about vehicles that are approaching the 10 year old mark, low mileage will be hard to find. Maybe 1 owners that barely drove the car, but the pricing will be on the high side.