XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Time to look at extended warranties

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to look at extended warranties

The factory warranty on my 2013 XF 3.0 expires in about three weeks. I've gotten a quote from my local Jaguar dealer that seems high, to say the least. He offered 3 years, 36,000mi, $100 deductible at $4,600. Right off the bat he told me the original price would be $5,200 and that he could knock it down to $4,600. Pretty sure I see through that tactic - probably trying to head off negotiation. A 2 year warranty would be $400 less, and a 4 year would be $400 more. I'm waiting on him to tell me who this warranty is issued through, and to provide details on what would be covered.

The way I see it, I have a few options:

1) Negotiate down the $4,600 - no way I'm paying that. The question is how far will the Jag dealer go.
2) Set up the proverbial slush fund for repairs. If it turns the car is reliable, that's money saved rather than handed over to someone else.
3) Look at third party warranties. I've seen some references to EasyCare; they seem to be reputable. I just don't know what I would expect by taking my car to the dealer for repairs.

Your thoughts, please?

Old 06-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 22,138 Likes on 8,852 Posts

Originally Posted by rdbecker

The way I see it, I have a few options:

1) Negotiate down the $4,600 - no way I'm paying that. The question is how far will the Jag dealer go.
2) Set up the proverbial slush fund for repairs. If it turns the car is reliable, that's money saved rather than handed over to someone else.
3) Look at third party warranties. I've seen some references to EasyCare; they seem to be reputable. I just don't know what I would expect by taking my car to the dealer for repairs.

Your thoughts, please?

I had Easy Care extended warranty on an S Type we had several years ago. It was through the dealer (don't know the cost) and when a problem occurred, the dealer took care of everything. I did have a $100 deductible.