XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Time to up the value of the xfr

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2024, 03:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time to up the value of the xfr

I would seeing a lot of xfrs Cheap online for under 17,000. I think it's time for owners to realize if they are going to sell this car They must increase the price. They have to remember that this engine alone is worth a lot of money and it's still being used in a lot of the range rovers. You cannot buy a car with this kind of power at this price anywhere. Just like the Dodge Challenger charges all that money. Because all you are buying is an engine. It is utterly sad to see these cars being sold so cheap . It's time for the sellers to up the price. So they can ask for what the car is actually worth and let Byers understand that these are not cars to be driven around for that kind of money. With over 500 horsepower, it doesn't exist these days and we have to remember how these engines were built and keep the value high so we all can get with. This car is worth if we go to sell it eventually

The following users liked this post:
DeviLSh (06-09-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,119 Likes on 703 Posts

Used Jaguars have always been dirt cheap. I wish I could remember who posted it to give credit, but someone posted about ten years ago in reference to why X308 prices were so cheap (I paid $6,000 for mine in 2011) that "they were really a $10,000 used luxury car, just you paid $5,000 to the seller and $5,000 to your mechanic." I think today, change the dollar amount but the same percentage applies to the X150s & 250s. Certainly there's a premium for the R on the end, but its still a Jag, very expensive to repair and very likely in need of that much repair nearing 15 years old. There's just not many people like me, and seems fewer and fewer ever year, who can extract the value out of old Jaguars through DIY.

I expect its only going to be worse for the newer models (X152, X260) depreciation because my two closest dealers were among the ones to close, taking the leapers off the buildings and not going to retool to sell and maintain the new electric Jaguars. If ordinary used-car shoppers don't see the dealership off the freeway anymore and don't know where to go for service (or do research and find out that our local indie is booking two and three months out), they're not going to consider a used Jaguar.

You can implore sellers to hold out, but when that seller has his heart set on something new or different (even another Jaguar) and its available right now, this instant, he's going to cave. I recently for the first time in nearly two decades ordered a NEW daily driver. I wish I could get a decent trade-in on the XF, but with my modifications and at twelve years old, its not something they want on their lot. They'd just wholesale it. The trade-in value is just like you said, less than the motor would sell for on ebay. Since I don't need the pitiful little amount of money and have available indoor storage, I guess I won't cave, at least not right away, not unless one of my teenage dream cars in just the right color/spec shows up on BaT within 250 miles of me.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-04-2024, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Cars are worth EXACTLY what you can sell them for!
No more and no less. It's just a market.

Old 06-04-2024, 03:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Deamedcorrext
I would seeing a lot of xfrs Cheap online for under 17,000. I think it's time for owners to realize if they are going to sell this car They must increase the price. They have to remember that this engine alone is worth a lot of money and it's still being used in a lot of the range rovers. You cannot buy a car with this kind of power at this price anywhere. Just like the Dodge Challenger charges all that money. Because all you are buying is an engine. It is utterly sad to see these cars being sold so cheap . It's time for the sellers to up the price. So they can ask for what the car is actually worth and let Byers understand that these are not cars to be driven around for that kind of money. With over 500 horsepower, it doesn't exist these days and we have to remember how these engines were built and keep the value high so we all can get with. This car is worth if we go to sell it eventually
So how many do you want to buy at the newly inflated price? ( I'm sure any salesman would help you out by increasing the price if you think it's to low for you to buy ROTFL )