XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Touch Screen Boot Up Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touch Screen Boot Up Problem

Hello All.
I've been lurking for a while after getting my first jaguar 6 months ago. I always coveted one having grown up within a couple of miles of Browns Lane. I've got a well cared for LHD 2008 4.2 V8 with only 70000kms on the clock. I have to say overall I'm very happy with it and surprised I haven't got any speeding tickets from the Gendarmes yet.
My car has developed a intermittent fault where the touch screen shows lines of computer code (see picture). It appears to happened on restart after a short stop for example at the petrol station or the boulangerie. The car starts and drives normally except I can't access any of the services controlled through the screen. There is an arrow cursor which follows my finger around the screen but nothing else. There is an 'EXIT' selection but this does nothing when pressed.
When I switch the engine off the screen remains on in the same mode.
If I lock the car and leave it for 15-20 minutes usually everything is back to normal when I return.
I have updated the SatNav discs which appeared to do a firmware update when first loaded. The main dealer has the car next week for some follow up work after servicing. Slight oil leak from rear diff and 2 software updates. They said wait until the software is fully updated and reassess after.
I've tried searching old threads but can't find any with similar symptoms.
Has anyone experienced this or have any advice?

Attached Thumbnails Touch Screen Boot Up Problem-jag-screen-comp.jpg   Touch Screen Boot Up Problem-jag-comp.jpg  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

This is probably unrelated, but I had an issue with my screen freezing and crashing, it ended up being the files on my USB of all things. So first up take the USB out and see if anything changes, at least it will rule that out as a cause.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 257 Likes on 200 Posts

That is the first I have seen that!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Bruce but I only have the AUX connector no USB and George,
I'm beginning to think it's unique aswell.
The last time it happened I managed to get the system to reset/reboot itself.
I started the engine, screen as above, pulled fuses F26 and F27 in the luggage compartment and unloaded the satnav DVD. Screen is now blank. Reinserted F27, nothing happened. Reinserted F26 screen came back with everything back to normal (hooray). Then reinserted satnav DVD. It beats locking the car and leaving it for 15 minutes.
Personally I think it is something to do with the updated Satnav DVD but what I don't know.
Car is going to dealer tomorrow for remaining software updates. Hopefully this will cure it completely

Last edited by ciel-bleu; 04-12-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 AM

Update for anyone having this problem in the future. The dealer found that they couldn't access the diagnostics or update the software so ended up doing a full reset of the 'electronic control module' which solved the problem. One month later and all is good. The car was in the garage for other work and no charge was made for fixing the screen so thumbs up to Jaguar La Rochelle.

The following users liked this post:
2010 Kyanite XFR (05-11-2015)