XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

TPMS and Indicators sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking TPMS and Indicators sound

Dear all,

I am new on the forum. I come from France

I just bought a Jaguar XF, X250 facelift, 3.0D 240cv, manufacture date November 2011.

It is a real pleasure to drive this car, but i got two issues. I hope you can help me to fix them.

The first one is about the TPMS. the fourth Tires were replaced before I bought the car. The TPMS indicate "Check Tire Pressure" on car dashboard untimely and randomly for each tires. I have checked and tire pressure is good.

The second is that the car does not emit any sound regarding left and right indicators, hazard lights, seat belt not fastened and doors opened.

I really hope you could help me regarding these issues.

Thank you a lot in advance !

BR,

Adrien (the whole new JAG owner )

Old 07-16-2020, 03:56 PM
les
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Bonjour Adrien.

There are 2 things that come to mind with the TPMS.
The first is that the sensors in the wheels could have a low battery charge, they usually last for around 5/6 years. You also have to be sure that whoever fitted the new tyres didn't damage the sensors! A good tyre fitting garage should have a scanner to check the state of the sensor batteries for you.

The second thing is what I have just experienced on my own XFR. The TPMS control module under the front right hand seat had failed, the fault was intermittent at first and the warnings were the same as you are getting. I found a new module on eBay and fitted it myself, it's fairly easy to do but you have to unbolt the seat and tilt it backwards to access the module.
An important thing to be aware of is that when my module failed, it did not set a fault code, so it wasn't easy to find what was wrong at first.

Why there is no sound from the seat belt reminder or indicators, I'm not sure, sorry.

Did you get any warranty with the car? If so, I would get the dealer to fix it.
Bonne chance.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Agree with Les on the tpms. If it's the battery in one wheel it will give an error for that wheel. If it randomly jumps around them all it's most likely the control module. I just replaced mine at the weekend. If you google it there is a great write up on another Forum with step by step instructions and photos. Easy job although you might need to buy a couple of less common torque bits. Took about 45 mins

Old 07-16-2020, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

And on the indicator sound there is a very small speaker integrated into the instrument cluster. It fails eventually. If you want it back you can get the cluster out relatively easily (search around) then you need to unsolder the old speaker and replace with a similar one. It's prob a 2 euro radio shop spare. If you go to the dealer it's more like 2000 euro to replace the cluster
I've not had this issue but did see a post online from someone who did it and suggested it was pretty easy

I don't think mine has a seatbelt sound / just a flashing light

Old 07-16-2020, 10:50 PM
Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts

G'day Adrien, it sounds like you are in exactly the same position that I was after buying my car a few months ago- I had the seller fit 4 hew tyres as part of the purchase deal, then the TPMS was giving me constant error messages that really detracted from the driving enjoyment. I decided to de-activate the TPMS and to fit new wheel sensors next time the car gets new tyres; in my view it was not worth removing tyres to do this so I will re-activate and overhaul the TPMS when new tyres are going on.. Forum member Cambo was able to help with remotely switching off TPMS. Might even be able to do it for you over there, would be worth sending him a PM.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:58 AM
les
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

A word of caution re turning off the TPMS.
I thought about that myself when I had the problem and even messaged Cambo, he didn't get back to me so I guess he was busy.
Anyway, a few days after fitting the new module, I set off on a 650 mile trip from France to the UK. The morning after arriving in Cheshire, I got in the car only to be confronted by a TPMS warning. I thought that the fault must have returned but got out to check the tyres anyway. To my surprise, I had a nail in one of the rears and it was flat.
So, it's just as well I didn't ignore that warning and I'm glad that I didn't disable the system.