XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Tuned my 5.0 Naturally aspirated by AMR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Tuned my 5.0 Naturally aspirated by AMR!!!

Hey Guys

I got a chance this weekend to take my car to AMR performance for a dyno tune.

The shop, staff and quality of work were all amazing to say the least. I was able to pick up 37 rwhp and 40 rwtq. Mind you my cats are apparently clogged and didn't know that till the tuner told me since the rotten eggs smell was unbearable. He said due to the cats I can't push the car any harder but once you delete the cats or get high flow cats I should be able to get you another 10-15 more rear wheel HP.

Basically my car put down 358 rwhp and 380 tq. Once I delete the cats I should be around 370-380 rwhp and around 400 rwtq. and those are to the wheel numbers. I wasn't expecting that after a lot of people told me that you won't be able to get any power out of NA engine with just a tune. Glad they were wrong lol

That should translate to about 435-440 hp crank which is a huge jump from the factory 385 hp crank

till the next step of finding high flow cats or deleting them enjoy the video
any question just ask

Best
Sam

Old 08-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Received 317 Likes on 243 Posts

I'm not sure who told you that you wouldn't be able to get any more power just by tuning, probably someone who hasn't done it, or doesn't know what they are doing, or doesn't want your car to make more power than theirs ( unfortunately there are many people in this world like this ).

Congrats, and now you can make even more once you replace the cats.

The following users liked this post:
croco (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JBzXJ40
I'm not sure who told you that you wouldn't be able to get any more power just by tuning, probably someone who hasn't done it, or doesn't know what they are doing, or doesn't want your car to make more power than theirs ( unfortunately there are many people in this world like this ).

Congrats, and now you can make even more once you replace the cats.
Yes hopefully and I will post a dyno video with numbers next time