XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

UK XFR dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by damienedwards
This was a FREE power run to check all is in order before u need to comit to anything........how many places do that!! All was good so next step would be a proper pre run, pulley and tune, followed by another power run so u have before and after.......no AFR measurement on this FREE run but part of a tune package yes where they will make adjustments

i'm doing the center section myself and initially going to junk the second resonator for straight pipes......then another pwr run......i love to do things in stages so we can all see what differences it makes

Will definately be getting the pulley and re-map soon though......
Free health check dyno sounds good! Are you doing the £1k pulley tune package or something better?!

Can you TIG weld stainless then? I think MIJ would be about £200 for just the mid section with x-pipe, worth thinking about if you want to revert to stock to sell the car..

Old 10-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

MIG welding a couple of length of stainless tubes in myself.......i have a spare center XFR section i can play around with......
If this all goes Pete Tong then i've had a complete Center section with X pipe made up in Worcester at A 1 exhausts before for my previous XKR......charged me £240.

And yep........on from the zorst mods looking at the £1k package.......happy days!!

Old 04-30-2016, 03:33 AM

MIG welding a couple of length of stainless tubes in myself.......i have a spare center XFR section i can play around with......
If this all goes Pete Tong then i've had a complete Center section with X pipe made up in Worcester at A 1 exhausts before for my previous XKR......charged me £240.

And yep........on from the zorst mods looking at the £1k package.......happy days!!
Did you ever get this done?

Old 04-30-2016, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,385 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Boy what a great car! Thanks for posting and I hope you can get to a track sometime too. I would love to see what it runs in the 1/4 mile.

That thing sounds like a monster!

Old 05-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Currently running true duals, straight pipes from the cats.......no center silencer/resonators out to the Quick silver back boxes.......its a bit louder now that in my dyno vids on youtube. Waiting till summer now for the tune and Vieuzu are now looking at figs around 650hp!!

Went to an Italian day today and the Ferrari owners could not believe how the car sounded......happy days!!!

Old 05-02-2016, 04:51 AM

Currently running true duals, straight pipes from the cats.......no center silencer/resonators out to the Quick silver back boxes.......its a bit louder now that in my dyno vids on youtube. Waiting till summer now for the tune and Vieuzu are now looking at figs around 650hp!!

Went to an Italian day today and the Ferrari owners could not believe how the car sounded......happy days!!!
Yep I spotted that - under their new alias VIP design.

There is a lot more than just a remap there though. It has cats, larger lower pulley and cooling mods - don't expect there will be change from £6k to reach 650hp.

I'm going with upper pulley and map (circa 600hp) then see what the future holds. If I want more then HJS cats and the eurotoys lower pulley will be half the price of the VIP equivalents. I'll then just add a meth kit for cooling and tune this setup bespokely for power - 650bhp isn't too unrealistic..