XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Update Options For Stereo On 2010 XF

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 07:10 AM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
Are the newer one reverse cams higher resolution?
Actually the unit has a reverse camera input it would be fairly easy to install a new camera with higher resolution.

I'll try and post results, the OEM camera resolution really sucks.

Old 01-06-2021, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 393 Posts

I think there may be something wrong with your reverse camera. The one on my 2010 XF is great and super sharp. Much better than the one on my 2017 F Type...
Maybe lens is dirty, or the signal cable which bends every time you open the trunk is failing. Post a pic of the camera on screen and we can look.

Old 01-06-2021, 04:43 PM
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
I think there may be something wrong with your reverse camera. The one on my 2010 XF is great and super sharp. Much better than the one on my 2017 F Type...
Maybe lens is dirty, or the signal cable which bends every time you open the trunk is failing. Post a pic of the camera on screen and we can look.
that’s possible.. but at the moment it is the worst quality reverse camera I’ve experienced in the last few cars I’ve driven. Or it could just be the low resolution screen. Whenever you get a chance take a picture of yours as well.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
Let me know if this is normal.
Compared to my wife's bmw x3 this is rubbish, if you zoom in it's very pixelated.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:13 AM

Carlos, mine looks the same. I have a 2010. It’s still decent and It was probably really good for back then but looking at cars from the last few years it’s definitely dated.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
Carlos, mine looks the same. I have a 2010. It’s still decent and It was probably really good for back then but looking at cars from the last few years it’s definitely dated.
Thanks, that's what I thought, nothing wrong with the loom, just the way it was in 2010. It might be both display resolution and camera quality. As soon as I get the new unit I'll experiment and keep you guys updated.

The following 2 users liked this post by Carlos Saez:
bealzabubba (01-08-2021), davetibbs (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Thanks, that's what I thought, nothing wrong with the loom, just the way it was in 2010. It might be both display resolution and camera quality. As soon as I get the new unit I'll experiment and keep you guys updated.
Agreed - my 2010 camera is the same, so I think it's just how they were. These cars are 10 years old and the tech is older - frankly the XF in-car entertainment probably felt a bit dated when it was released - before a certain nav map/firmware update my screen was laggy as ****.

Can't wait to hear results though - although I'm very close to joining you in being a guinea pig for ***** and giggles because I'm that desperate to have this.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:40 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by davetibbs
Agreed - my 2010 camera is the same, so I think it's just how they were. These cars are 10 years old and the tech is older - frankly the XF in-car entertainment probably felt a bit dated when it was released - before a certain nav map/firmware update my screen was laggy as ****.

Can't wait to hear results though - although I'm very close to joining you in being a guinea pig for ***** and giggles because I'm that desperate to have this.
FWIW, that looks exactly like my '12 XF. My other car of that vintage (well, my son's now) is a '10 Lincoln that was optioned out - didn't even have a backup camera (but has a better and faster UI than the XF's).

My '18 F-Pace is much better, although not really up to snuff compared to the competition (in that limited respect) from BMW or MB.

The following users liked this post:
davetibbs (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bealzabubba
FWIW, that looks exactly like my '12 XF. My other car of that vintage (well, my son's now) is a '10 Lincoln that was optioned out - didn't even have a backup camera (but has a better and faster UI than the XF's).

My '18 F-Pace is much better, although not really up to snuff compared to the competition (in that limited respect) from BMW or MB.
Yeah, Jaguar have definitely made some improvements in the UI in recent years and honestly I quite like the look and feel of the system your F Pace has. And I get it, the late 2000s-early 2010s was a difficult time for this sort of stuff because manfuacturers had recognized they needed to take advantage of technological improvements to modernize their interiors, but in all honesty the technology wasn't really there yet - especially in terms of lack of e.g. data standards, leading to things like JLR using a MOST bus that was largely proprietory and therefore required a lot of development time invested into just making it work rather than just being able to invest in making it nice to use.

Nevertheless, that doesn't make it any less galling to compare the UI of (e.g.) a 2014 XKR-S that was still rocking this dated laggy light-blue low-resolution turd of a UI against its rivals, even if it was in (as you acknowledge) a limited respect.

Last edited by davetibbs; 01-08-2021 at 10:25 PM.
bealzabubba (01-10-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by davetibbs

Update on that, for now don't buy the unit, i have had problems with the seller, fortunately orders are protected and you get refund.
The seller uploaded a fake tracking number just to make it in time before the deadline, so the order wouldn't get automatically canceled, and refunded.

After bitching him for days he admitted they found a bug with the audio and amp compatibility, at the last minute when they were testing it, he claims they are working on the bug, and will soon be fixed, that I should wait a bit, he extended the buyer protection time, nevertheless if not sent and fixed by 10 days I'll request a refund and wait until they get things right before I order, so if you are thinking about ordering, talk to the seller. And if you already ordered cancel it.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:16 PM

That sucks but thanks for the update.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

Def sucks, and yes, thank you for the update. Seems like sketchy behavior not to just be honest with you - keep us posted.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to update and thank people for the comments. I ended up getting a Bluetooth adapter for my aux socket as suggested and it works fine.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.0xf
Just wanted to update and thank people for the comments. I ended up getting a Bluetooth adapter for my aux socket as suggested and it works fine.

use the charging port from the glove box itself, it will hide cable inside then.

3.0xf (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Reead Boodhoo
use the charging port from the glove box itself, it will hide cable inside then.
Lol can't believe I didn't think of that, obvious now! - thanks

Old 03-22-2021, 08:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.0xf
Lol can't believe I didn't think of that, obvious now! - thanks
the only issue i had with mine was, everytime you want to use it, you have to open the glove box and press the power on button.
So i used some extension aux and put it outside the glove box, just so little cable showing, next to the passenger seat. So when i used it, i put car on aux and pressed button.

Lol, thats just me being lazy to open glove box.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Reead Boodhoo
the only issue i had with mine was, everytime you want to use it, you have to open the glove box and press the power on button.
So i used some extension aux and put it outside the glove box, just so little cable showing, next to the passenger seat. So when i used it, i put car on aux and pressed button.

Lol, thats just me being lazy to open glove box.
Yes that is the slight downside - good idea I'll order one of those and it can sit in the centre console - thanks again

Old 03-19-2024, 06:38 AM

Carlos, nice to meet you.

You are the help i was looking for to change my Denso system to an Android Car play.

My Wife seriously will aprecciate it, because she hate my old music (CD & USB) and the "Denso navigator". ¿Who was the "alien" who made this system?

I´m in contact with ICEBOX to buy it with rear cam.

I will give you feed back.

TY to share!

Old 03-19-2024, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rafaloop
Carlos, nice to meet you.

You are the help i was looking for to change my Denso system to an Android Car play.

My Wife seriously will aprecciate it, because she hate my old music (CD & USB) and the "Denso navigator". ¿Who was the "alien" who made this system?

I´m in contact with ICEBOX to buy it with rear cam.

I will give you feed back.

TY to share!
Hi buddy, I'm glad to be helpful.
But I highly advice to not get this one I made another post which is very long, with a lot of details.
​​​​​​Try to look for it in this forum, it has many bugs doesn't quite work well. This was a few years ago there are many new units out there now, try getting one that allows you to go back yonth OEM screen.
unfortunately I can't be of much help I sold my xfr 2 years ago, upgraded to an XJ.