XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Upgrading audio amplifier - what am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Upgrading audio amplifier - what am I doing wrong?

Hello to all, I'm new to the forum, my dad bought some months ago an XF X250 MY2012 (facelift) with the midline stereo system, amp AUD3-8 with code AW93-19C64-CU, 3 speakers per door on the front, 2 speakers per door on the rear.

In the past months I searched on the web how to upgrade the audio system to the premium one, the tools, AMP codes etc and studied how to use JLR SDD on how to update softwares and how to edit the CCF.

So for starting we bought an AUD3-16 premium amp with code AW93-19C164-BR from a seller that stated that this amp was compatible with our car.

We updated all the infotaintment system with SDD before the AMP replacement and everything worked without problems. So we replaced the amp and tested it without modifications on CCF or amp software, and we got no sound at all.

Then we opened SDD and edited the CCF with Premium sound system instead of Midline but still no sound, altough we got he Bowers & Wilkins settings on the touch display. Tried to add Subwoofer and small/large centre dashboard speaker, still no sound.

Also tried updating the software AMP with the "Configure new module" option and it went smoothly, but still no sound. Tried with "Configure existing module", still no sound.

All SDD versions I tried flash AW93-14C526-CV.vbf and CX23-14C527-CD.vbf on the new amp, which are the same files that SDD flashed on the old amp, but on the new one the calibration file CX23-14C527-CD.vbf is "Unknown" and is not listed under the part information. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SDD is trying to download the wrong calibration file on the AMP, maybe is reading from the as built instead from the edited CCF on the car.

In diagnostic we get error U3000-55 on the AAM, which states "Configuration error". We tried replacing the new amp with the old amp and without rolling back the changes and we got the sound back.

Am I doing something wrong or is the amplifier not compatible with the car?

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me!

Attached some SDD screenshots.

AAM Software Download

CCF edited

PN new amp

PN old amp

Old 09-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi You destroyed the amplifier. Buy it again.

The following 3 users liked this post by enzofl2:
Il_Boros (09-11-2019), Lucielle (10-08-2022), markis90210 (12-09-2022)
Old 09-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 673 Likes on 335 Posts

You should PM forum member and moderator Cambo, he is extremely knowledgeable on these subjects...

The following 2 users liked this post by TexasTraveler:
enzofl2 (09-11-2019), Lucielle (10-08-2022)
Old 09-11-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TexasTraveler
You should PM forum member and moderator Cambo, he is extremely knowledgeable on these subjects...
I tried contacting him but got no response, luckily yesterday evening I managed to flash the correct firmware with the help of @enzofl2 and now the amp works perfectly with my car!

Originally Posted by enzofl2
Hi You destroyed the amplifier. Buy it again.
Maybe I could buy the right one this time

The following 2 users liked this post by Il_Boros:
enzofl2 (09-11-2019), Lucielle (10-08-2022)
Old 09-11-2019, 03:01 PM

If we wanted to redo the procedure, I don't remember what we did. We really didn't want beer.

Last edited by enzofl2; 09-11-2019 at 03:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lucielle (10-08-2022)
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi.
I'm having the same problems. I used an amplifier that was the BR I have loaded the wrong calibration file.
Please help me.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:28 PM

Send me pm.

The following 2 users liked this post by enzofl2:
Hak-ansen (10-17-2019), Lucielle (10-08-2022)
Old 10-17-2019, 06:02 AM

thanks problem solved.
softwaredownload.html module programming tab was selected and the appropriate vbf file was loaded.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

How did you load the appropriate vbf file? And which one is that? Does it automatically know which file it is?

Lucielle (10-08-2022)
Old 10-20-2019, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by harryf
How did you load the appropriate vbf file? And which one is that? Does it automatically know which file it is?
module hardware number ends with BR. VBF By manually select and install. The BR amplifier is actually the xj model. These speakers differ from the scene scenes. When I was loading, I selected one of the original XF part numbers AW-14C526-BF and installed it.

Hamedhbb (04-23-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 02:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Similar situation!

Originally Posted by Hak-ansen
thanks problem solved.
softwaredownload.html module programming tab was selected and the appropriate vbf file was loaded.
Hi
I am in very similar situation. I use SDD v157. I have two questions:
1- where I get the correct vbf file from?
2- which version SDD do you use? I try softwaredownload but says communication problem.

Part number for AAM module I have ( factory fitted) is BJ32-19C164-BF.

thanks

Last edited by Hamedhbb; 04-22-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:28 PM
Default softwaredownload.html,

Originally Posted by Hamedhbb
Hi
I am in very similar situation. I use SDD v157. I have two questions:
1- where I get the correct vbf file from?
2- which version SDD do you use? I try softwaredownload but says communication problem.

Part number for AAM module I have ( factory fitted) is BJ32-19C164-BF.

thanks
I am using sdd 131. Under the amplifier tab via softwaredownload.html, find and select the software that matches the last two letters of the part number on the amplifier you will install in the vehicle, for example BF, BJ

Hamedhbb (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 01:52 PM

Hello everyone, for me renaming the vbf files did the trick. SDD continuously tried to flash the MID-8 files, so I found the PREM-16 files and renamed them as the MID-8 ones. So SDD unknowingly flashed the PREM-16 files thinking they were the MID-8 ones. My amplifier is the AW93-19C164-BR, the files I used for flashing were CX23-14C527-BD (Calibration file) and BJ32-14C526-BG (Firmware file). Using AW93-14C526-BR as the firmware file didn't work. The original files for the MID-8 were CX23-14C527-CD (Calibration file) and AW93-14C526-CV (Firmware file) so I gave those two names to the PREM-16 files.

I used SDD v156 without coded access, used the upgrade existing module procedure.

Hamedhbb (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hak-ansen
I am using sdd 131. Under the amplifier tab via softwaredownload.html, find and select the software that matches the last two letters of the part number on the amplifier you will install in the vehicle, for example BF, BJ
I cannot see any vbf file ending in BF. Is there any way to download it?

Old 04-23-2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Il_Boros
Hello everyone, for me renaming the vbf files did the trick. SDD continuously tried to flash the MID-8 files, so I found the PREM-16 files and renamed them as the MID-8 ones. So SDD unknowingly flashed the PREM-16 files thinking they were the MID-8 ones. My amplifier is the AW93-19C164-BR, the files I used for flashing were CX23-14C527-BD (Calibration file) and BJ32-14C526-BG (Firmware file). Using AW93-14C526-BR as the firmware file didn't work. The original files for the MID-8 were CX23-14C527-CD (Calibration file) and AW93-14C526-CV (Firmware file) so I gave those two names to the PREM-16 files.

I used SDD v156 without coded access, used the upgrade existing module procedure.

Many Thanks to your help earlier today and sending vbf files. I only could try it once and unfortunately failed so far. It could be that I did your method wrong. I’ll give it more try.

I started with SDD “configure new module- audio amp”. Chose ew32-b, next window I had this:

While SDD was waiting for my confirmation, I did this:

I had calibration file in common/flash folder so I left it untouched. Then copied your file (BJ23-14C526-BG) and renamed it to DX23-14C526-BA.

continued with the rest that took about 25min. At the end nothing has changed. It could be that I copied vbf in wrong folder or I should have copied it before starting the process.
here is what I got:

BJ32-19C164-BF is the pn on the amp.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Specially if there is a way to download the correct vbf online just like when SDD decides to do.

do you have a screenshot of AAM part info after it was up and running?

p.s. I haven’t tried your meridian vbf yet.

Last edited by Hamedhbb; 04-23-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:54 AM

Many Thanks to your help earlier today and sending vbf files. I only could try it once and unfortunately failed so far. It could be that I did your method wrong. I’ll give it more try.

I started with SDD “configure new module- audio amp”. Chose ew32-b, next window I had this:

I had calibration file in common/flash folder so I left it untouched. Then copied your file (BJ23-14C526-BG) and renamed it to DX23-14C526-BA.

continued with the rest that took about 25min. At the end nothing has changed. It could be that I copied vbf in wrong folder or I should have copied it before starting the process.
here is what I got:

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Specially if there is a way to download the correct vbf online just like when SDD decides to do.

Hi,

If your computer is connected to internet SDD should download required files automatically. If it's not, SDD should ask you to put in a USB drive for downloading the files with another computer, try following that procedure.

The only thing I did differently to you was selecting symptomps regarding the AMP, then it suggested me to upgrade existing module in the recommendations instead of configure new module in the service functions. When it came to flashing it proposed me to flash MID-8 files like in my first screenshot. I then renamed CX23-14C527-BD and BJ32-14C526-BG like the files it proposed me to use in the first screenshot and copied them in C:\Program Files\JLR\Common\Flash\Vbf.

After flashing everything worked.

As a side note, before flashing the AMP I modified my CCF to match the new amp, changing the settings posted in my second screenshot. Haven't tried flashing the AMP with stock CCF, not sure if it would work.

Is your CCF enabled for Premium audio sistem, with Subwoofer and Center speaker enabled?

Old 04-24-2020, 09:47 AM
Default softwaredownload.html module programming

[QUOTE = Hak-ansen; 2142223] modül donanım numarası BR ile bitiyor. VBF Manuel olarak seçin ve kurun. BR amplifikatör aslında xj modelidir. Bu hoparlörler sahne sahnelerinden farklıdır. Yüklerken, orijinal XF parça numaralarından birini AW-14C526-BF'yi seçtim ve kurdum. [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = Hak-ansen; 2140883] teşekkürler problem çözüldü.
softwaredownload.html modül programlama sekmesi seçildi ve uygun vbf dosyası yüklendi. [/ QUOTE]

AW-14C526BF yukarıdaki yanlış yazılmış. BJ32-14C526-BF olurdu.

Last edited by Hak-ansen; 04-24-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:50 AM

here is what I got:

Hi,

If your computer is connected to internet SDD should download required files automatically. If it's not, SDD should ask you to put in a USB drive for downloading the files with another computer, try following that procedure.

The only thing I did differently to you was selecting symptomps regarding the AMP, then it suggested me to upgrade existing module in the recommendations instead of configure new module in the service functions. When it came to flashing it proposed me to flash MID-8 files like in my first screenshot. I then renamed CX23-14C527-BD and BJ32-14C526-BG like the files it proposed me to use in the first screenshot and copied them in C:\Program Files\JLR\Common\Flash\Vbf.

As a side note, before flashing the AMP I modified my CCF to match the new amp, changing the settings posted in my second screenshot. Haven't tried flashing the AMP with stock CCF, not sure if it would work.

Is your CCF enabled for Premium audio sistem, with Subwoofer and Center speaker enabled?

Old 04-24-2020, 10:06 AM

yes CCF enabled for Premium audio sistem, with Subwoofer and Center speaker enabled.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Il_Boros
Hi,

I got BJ32-14C526-BF from Hakan today that exactly matches my AAM. I also downloaded SDD V130 to try I will try you method and Hakan’s both tomorrow.

the CCF is modified for subwoofer, camera and front Parking sensors. Everything else (premium audi, central speaker ,etc) was enabled in asbuild CCF. Car didn’t come with a subwoofer.

As you can see in screenshot, SDD could not find the correct vbf file online. Instead it shows DX23-14C526-BA that is unknown. I am planning to copy the correct file there, maybe it’s all sorted. Before it said no part available.

Quick Reply: Upgrading audio amplifier - what am I doing wrong?