XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

using fuel additives for DI engine 5.0L

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 03:58 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by croco
Do you think the BG GDI cleaner would be any good? it is sprayed directly in the throttle and supposedly removes the carbon deposits on the intake valves
All cosumer level products I know of are a waste of time and money.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok,

So I just finished the induction service (Using BG valve cleaner) and GOD is the car much much smoother. Idle problem that I have been hunting is completely gone!!!! I wish I had known this before I spend almost 2k trying trouble shooting this problem.

My advice? Stop listening to those that say BG products don't work. Think about it this way. If you don't benefit it won't hurt it. I am not, in any way, affiliated with BG company nor I am trying to advertise for them. Simply stating my experience with their products. BG 44k and BG air induction cleaner.

I will attach the video

Old 09-03-2017, 01:32 AM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I had the dealer do the BG service 4000 miles ago. The intake valves still have deposits.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:18 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Polyesterpig
I had the dealer do the BG service 4000 miles ago. The intake valves still have deposits.
And if I remember, your engine was not having a funny idle condition-actually no performance issues at all.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:18 PM

you need the BG GDI intake cleaner. It is sprayed into a vaccum line or throttle body not something you pour into a tank. As advised by more experienced members gasoline stuff does not reach intake valves because the injectors are downstream

Old 09-04-2017, 06:26 PM

you need the BG GDI intake cleaner. It is sprayed into a vaccum line or throttle body not something you pour into a tank. As advised by more experienced members gasoline stuff does not reach intake valves because the injectors are downstream

Old 09-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by croco
Ok,

So I just finished the induction service (Using BG valve cleaner) and GOD is the car much much smoother. Idle problem that I have been hunting is completely gone!!!! I wish I had known this before I spend almost 2k trying trouble shooting this problem.

My advice? Stop listening to those that say BG products don't work. Think about it this way. If you don't benefit it won't hurt it. I am not, in any way, affiliated with BG company nor I am trying to advertise for them. Simply stating my experience with their products. BG 44k and BG air induction cleaner.

I will attach the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XzabFYFuFg
Kentucky?!? I'm in Lexington lol

Old 09-09-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Jag
Kentucky?!? I'm in Lexington lol

Louisville, KY is where a lot of my friends and family live, I am actually in WV and this is where the video was taken. Glad to know you are from the State with most beautiful sky.