XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Valuing 2015 XF SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 01:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Valuing 2015 XF SC

Hello all, I'm considering selling my 2015 XF supercharged, and I'm struggling to figure what it is worth.
I expected to trade it in for an F Pace SVR one day, but it looks like I will need an actual pickup for the next year or two. I might pick up a used raptor, so I would like to sell for cash.
Its only got 22k miles on it, and is in very good condition. Seems silly to let it sit around and depreciate if I'm not going to drive it.
I really love the SC edition (its my second one), I will surely miss it. 470 horses is plenty for me, and I love the lack of badging or other colored add ons. I went with the stratus grey, the black pack, and added the rear spoiler. It is a very sleek look, somewhat understated, but with plenty of performance.
Trouble is, I can't find many of these for sale, so i don't know what it is worth. Do others value this model as much as I do? Any good places to look for pricing? Kelly Blue Book seems to discount the fact that the supercharged model is different than the base model. Or maybe they just aren't worth much more?
Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Jason

The following users liked this post:
Paul Fisher (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 06:19 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Best source I have ever found for pricing and I use it to buy all my cars (too many my wife says) is Carfax Values (just search car fax values.

It compares your car (by VIN) to all cars like yours sold and based on maintenance records Nearly all Jaguar dealers use car fax and report sales as well as repairs for all their cars and using your VIN gives an exact comparison.

I used mine to buy my car from a Jaguar dealer and got them down to the private party retail price ( only 1500 more than private party, but I got a car fax and 90 day warranty.

GIve it a shot....Carfax Values by VIN and service DMV and Insurance records

Old 05-12-2020, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,564 Likes on 3,968 Posts

Sadly this is not a good time to sell.

It's a better time to buy, though.

The following users liked this post:
George05 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 10:46 AM

Thank you Jssaab,
I didn't know Carfax offered pricing guidelines - makes sense. I may have to sign up for their service, probably a good idea anyway.

Yes JagV8, terrible time to sell, but values on the by side are very good, so I think it evens out. Perhaps an opportunity for the nimble?

Thank you,
Jason

Old 05-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 393 Posts

If it's the 5.0SC then look at what XFR goes for and a mid level XF goes for and should be in between. Interestingly even though it's essentially identical to XFR the SC seems to sell at a meaningfully lower price point

But - as others have said it's a hard time to be selling used - so past sales may not be a good guide here...

Old 05-13-2020, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by joderio
Thank you Jssaab,
I didn't know Carfax offered pricing guidelines - makes sense. I may have to sign up for their service, probably a good idea anyway.

Yes JagV8, terrible time to sell, but values on the by side are very good, so I think it evens out. Perhaps an opportunity for the nimble?

Thank you,
Jason
the CarFax value is FREE. I gave you the link

Old 05-13-2020, 01:43 PM

Thanks Jssaab, yes the link you provided did give me a value range, but it was pretty wide. It wanted me to enter my exact VIN and pay for a report to get a specific valuation for my car. Or at least that is how I read it.
Nevertheless, I think it is probably worth buying the multi-report package if I am going to investigate other vehicles. I will report back if the valuation is materially different for a paid report.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by joderio
Thanks Jssaab, yes the link you provided did give me a value range, but it was pretty wide. It wanted me to enter my exact VIN and pay for a report to get a specific valuation for my car. Or at least that is how I read it.
Nevertheless, I think it is probably worth buying the multi-report package if I am going to investigate other vehicles. I will report back if the valuation is materially different for a paid report.
No you do not have to pay to enter your exact VIN, just do it, you will get the value based on your original equipment and sticker You get 2 values, one is trade in (wholesale) and the second is the retail if you buy from a dealer.

The full report tells you nothing more than service and accident records for the car, you don't need that to get a value

Old 05-14-2020, 02:09 PM

Ok, got it, thanks!
Carfax came in at $20k & $20.7 respectively. Wow, a lot lower than I expected.
Interestingly, Kelley Blue Book came in at:
2015 XF Portfolio - $17.8K
2015 XF Supercharged - $21.1k
2015 XFR - $30.7k
2015 XFR-S - $40.2k
(these are trade in values)
Very interesting that the SC is valued so close to the base models, and then there is a $10k bump for the R and again for the R-S. Yet, I would consider the SC to be a small step down from the R & R-S models, nothing like the base model.
Seems like the SC model offers an insane amount of value for a buyer, but pretty terrible ROI for a seller.

Old 05-14-2020, 05:01 PM

Yeah these cars plummet in value, and continue to do so for 6 or so years more than where many cars start to level off and depreciate only a few hundred a year