XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

VelocityAP tune / pulley and Mina intake tubes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default VelocityAP tune / pulley and Mina intake tubes.

Seriously.... my expectations were modest. I tuned the ECU on my 09 4.2 XKR -200 cel cats, upper SC pulley and res delete. Very impressive results.
later on I ported the SC and more power was to be had although i wasn't blown away for the money spent. Fast forward to my 2013 xf sport portfolio AWD 3.0 SC. I just downloaded the tune and flashed my new tune... VERY noticeable difference, far better throttle Response and excellent seat dyno push.
the car is completely different and im very impressed. Part two.... mina intake tubes and larger SC lower pulley.... the difference is unbelievable
never have i put such a simple and affordable upgrade on a car with this result... the car pushes you hard into the seat and rips to redline. Zero flat spots and zero power fade like the stock tune.... it pulls hard to 7k never feeling laboured. Certainly not like a V6. Next up exhaust...looking at the pro speed 1 car back. Will post before and after acceleration times soon. I completely believe the claim of 460HP
the mina adds great flow but not a seat dyno difference....it does however let the sound of the SC be heard -love that !

FYI) the tune comes with original file so you can flash back to stock before going to the dealers for service.

The following 2 users liked this post by bfarrell:
Adam J (08-15-2020), Paul Fisher (08-17-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 08:24 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

VAP Tuned 3.0 SC AWD, I know right?? I did the same thing. I had an XFR when I lived in Sa Deigo, brought it out to Connecticut and boy I needed AWD.

With the tune it was great, with the Crank it is awesome. Enjoy the ride.

I actually bought the Topspeed exhaust had it delivered (best price was at Redline 360.com $785 including shipping) I was clean and nice looking well put together

I decided not to go with it because I added 200 cell cats and 2.25 piped and when I got the Top Speed it had only 2" I wanted better performance more than a nice exhaust. Didn't want to reduce the flow.

I'm installing an XFR cat back and will try a couple of muffler set ups in back to see if I can get flow up ( and not add an annoying sound or drone)

The following users liked this post:
bfarrell (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 07:48 PM
Default 200 cel cats

Originally Posted by Jssaab
VAP Tuned 3.0 SC AWD, I know right?? I did the same thing. I had an XFR when I lived in Sa Deigo, brought it out to Connecticut and boy I needed AWD.

With the tune it was great, with the Crank it is awesome. Enjoy the ride.

I actually bought the Topspeed exhaust had it delivered (best price was at Redline 360.com $785 including shipping) I was clean and nice looking well put together

I decided not to go with it because I added 200 cell cats and 2.25 piped and when I got the Top Speed it had only 2" I wanted better performance more than a nice exhaust. Didn't want to reduce the flow.

I'm installing an XFR cat back and will try a couple of muffler set ups in back to see if I can get flow up ( and not add an annoying sound or drone)
200 cel cats for the xf... where do you get those.
i put a pair on my xkr and it flowed way better

Old 08-17-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by bfarrell
200 cel cats for the xf... where do you get those.
i put a pair on my xkr and it flowed way better
Custom, shop added them, said there was plenty of room $1200

I was worried about CEL but nothing....Stewart at AP said they would tune our a CEL for $300 (free if you install the DP they sell

bfarrell (08-18-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 07:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 445 Likes on 326 Posts

Where in connecticut can you get the tune, or do you just plug and play

Old 08-22-2020, 09:07 PM

You get a tune with OBD installer. Velocity AP is the one I have.

You can try STP tuning but I did not like their attitude. In Westport, 'nuff siad

I have a beach house in Old Saybrook, where are you in CT

Old 08-23-2020, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

If you think that pulls hard you should take a ride in my 2014 XJR with a lower pulley and stage II tune, Bigger IC and larger IC pump!!
I can spin the tires on dry pavement at 60 mph!

That DI 5.0 SC V-8 is a screamer.

bfarrell (08-28-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 07:27 PM

Pulls hard for a V6 for sure. easier wiht an 8

Old 08-23-2020, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

im in waterbury ct

Old 10-12-2020, 09:39 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

You get a tune with OBD installer. Velocity AP is the one I have.

You can try STP tuning but I did not like their attitude. In Westport, 'nuff siad

I have a beach house in Old Saybrook, where are you in CT
That's quite a loaded statement.... As if you dealt with them ;-)

Old 10-13-2020, 08:52 AM
Default V6 v8

Pulls hard for a V6 for sure. easier wiht an 8
absolutely however i need the AWD up in Canada
too bad the sedans dont come with a v8 AWD like the ftype.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:12 AM

I
Originally Posted by FType17
That's quite a loaded statement.... As if you dealt with them ;-)
Depends on your understanding of the word "dealt" i think.

This is the XF form, they brushed off any interest if it was not an F-type. So there's that.

Several phone calls asking questions, each one sounded more like I was a bother than the last. Seemed uninterested in making me a customer, acted like they knew it all when it comes to tuning a car. I owned a custom car shop back in the day and my partner had the same "customer service" mindset because he was a well known tuner. I had to make sure we treated customers and potential customers like gold or we would have gone out of business.

I Stopped by their shop would not give me a time of the day. So yeah, I dealt with them enough to decide I did not like their attitude, and I'm from Philadelphia. I should have said if you have an XF and like to get treated like **** before "dealing" with them, they are your guys. Maybe that's why there are so few of their cars out there, in my opinion of course

Originally Posted by bfarrell
absolutely however i need the AWD up in Canada
too bad the sedans don't come with a v8 AWD like the type.
I know what a beast that would be. If I still had my shop we'd be looking at dong a swap and making it a show car. I LOVED my XFR in CA, but back in CT it was just not practical

Last edited by Jssaab; 10-15-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:44 AM
Sponsor
Received 419 Likes on 249 Posts

I

Depends on your understanding of the word "dealt" i think.

This is the XF form, they brushed off any interest if it was not an F-type. So there's that.

Several phone calls asking questions, each one sounded more like I was a bother than the last. Seemed uninterested in making me a customer, acted like they knew it all when it comes to tuning a car. I owned a custom car shop back in the day and my partner had the same "customer service" mindset because he was a well known tuner. I had to make sure we treated customers and potential customers like gold or we would have gone out of business.

I Stopped by their shop would not give me a time of the day. So yeah, I dealt with them enough to decide I did not like their attitude, and I'm from Philadelphia. I should have said if you have an XF and like to get treated like **** before "dealing" with them, they are your guys. Maybe that's why there are so few of their cars out there, in my opinion of course

I know what a beast that would be. If I still had my shop we'd be looking at dong a swap and making it a show car. I LOVED my XFR in CA, but back in CT it was just not practical
Just Just want to let you guys know that I am now doing ecu tuning on 5.0 cars as well , Xkr xk , xf , Xfr. Located in San Diego but can tune anywhere in the continent of USA and Canada with shipping of equipment.

2013 XJ 5.0 Supercharged, (stock with Alpha Jag ECU tune), estimated power: 600+ hp, 7.7sec 1.8th mi/95mph
Old 10-27-2020, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

do you need a tuner shop for the hand held obd tune and how much power alone on a 2015 xf v6 3.0 petrol

Old 10-28-2020, 12:34 PM
Default Tune

Originally Posted by dennis black
do you need a tuner shop for the hand held obd tune and how much power alone on a 2015 xf v6 3.0 petrol
the Velocity AP tune comes as a hand held specific to your car. You need a supercharger or turbo to really see any marked improvement
im up from 340 to 446 bhp. Zero to 100 is down to 4.1 seconds with awd, larger pulley and full 2 1/2 exhaust All service was done remotely

​​​​​​ barry

Old 10-28-2020, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

if i do just do the hand held tuner on my 3.0 supercharger gas what kind of numbers am i looking without the pulley

Old 10-28-2020, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

if i do just do the hand held tuner on my 3.0 supercharger gas what kind of numbers am i looking without the pulley
Around 412 PS (up from the stock 380 or 340 PS).
But take it from me as someone who first went "tune only" then added the lower pulley later, the second jump from 412 PS to around 450 PS feels waaaay more than the first jump (in my case from 380 to 412 PS).
But if you are starting with the 340 PS version of the AJ126 then the jump to 412 PS would probably feel plenty good enough.

bfarrell (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 10:00 AM
Default VelocityAP tune

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Around 412 PS (up from the stock 380 or 340 PS).
But take it from me as someone who first went "tune only" then added the lower pulley later, the second jump from 412 PS to around 450 PS feels waaaay more than the first jump (in my case from 380 to 412 PS).
But if you are starting with the 340 PS version of the AJ126 then the jump to 412 PS would probably feel plenty good enough.
i agree ... i too started with the tune only from 340 and yes the Lower pulley addition felt much bigger
in Hp gains even though the numbers were not as great. The surge is intoxicating. I also have the mina gallery hard intake tubes which do t add any real HP per say however the supercharged whine is perfect now!

Old 10-29-2020, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

how's the install of the pulley ,do i need to get it tuned on a dyno

Old 10-30-2020, 08:37 AM
Default Tune

how's the install of the pulley ,do i need to get it tuned on a dyno
pulley instal is very simple ... 1 hour
you dont need a dyno tune however to take advantage of the extra psi you do need a tune from one of the many tuning shops ( its hand held) i used VelocityAP but there are others. The sendyou ahand held you download your file upliad it to them and they send you a new file via email which you download to the hand held... re flash you car done !
many tuners work this way... i like it because you can always flash back to stock .... worth every penny.

ps) i have over 60,000KM on my tune without any issues.

barry

Quick Reply: VelocityAP tune / pulley and Mina intake tubes.