XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Voice Activation

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012 | 08:28 PM
|
Default Voice Activation

I had the Voice Activation system "reactivated" last week and despite my service manager's warnings, it works very well. I haven't quite mastered all the lingo yet, but when I get it right it's spot-on. I suppose it's like anything else, you have to take time to learn how it works.

Old 10-22-2012 | 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by VapourTrail
I had the Voice Activation system "reactivated" last week and despite my service manager's warnings, it works very well. I haven't quite mastered all the lingo yet, but when I get it right it's spot-on. I suppose it's like anything else, you have to take time to learn how it works.
Well said!! Glad it works for you. The key is knowing the commands and speaking like you're the boss. If you are hesitant or sheepish with a command the voice system will give you fits.

Cheers,

Old 10-23-2012 | 11:18 AM
|

Originally Posted by xjrguy
Well said!! Glad it works for you. The key is knowing the commands and speaking like you're the boss. If you are hesitant or sheepish with a command the voice system will give you fits.

Cheers,
Twenty years in the military and 16 years as an airline captain, that shouldn't be too difficult.

Old 10-23-2012 | 01:30 PM

Twenty years in the military and 16 years as an airline captain, that shouldn't be too difficult.
Aye, Aye, Cap'n! Hence, VapourTrail, I like that!

Thank you for your Service!

Last edited by xjrguy; 10-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2012 | 09:56 AM
Veteran Member

my favorite command is "im hungry"......try it

Old 10-26-2012 | 05:22 PM

I recently had my '11 XF/SC in for its annual service and I asked my service rep if they could turn on the Jaguar Voice but she said that they couldn't. She said that Jag wouldn't even give them the software to turn it on.

Is that just a line to deter me from turning it on or is Jaguar really denying them access to the ability to turn this back on for me?

Old 10-26-2012 | 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by hackman
I recently had my '11 XF/SC in for its annual service and I asked my service rep if they could turn on the Jaguar Voice but she said that they couldn't. She said that Jag wouldn't even give them the software to turn it on.

Is that just a line to deter me from turning it on or is Jaguar really denying them access to the ability to turn this back on for me?
Well, it's not exactly a line, it's just that they [Jaguar] have made the re-enable of JaguarVoice a bit cryptic; and honestly, the dealer may not know the "procedure".
Originally, SDD had the ability to re-enable the voice, but they took that away. It's still there, it's just not available to us without the involvement of Jaguar Technical people. Kinda goes like this:

>Dealer has to contact their Jaguar Rep [AMM] for approval to re-enable.
>Rep contacts dealer and Jaguar Technical that approval granted.
>Dealer has to hook up to car w/SDD and contact Jaguar Technical.
>Tech and Technical exchange seed and response codes to put SDD in Engineering Mode.
>Tech can then perform the re-activation of voice function.
>Jaguar advises they have done this as a service to the owner, and will not address any real or perceived quirks of operation in the JaguarVoice system.

Because of the hoops they have to jump through, allow them the day to get it accomplished. I will say, I have reactivated numerous XF's, and have yet for anyone to actually complain about it's function. Go figure!

Hope that helps!

Old 10-27-2012 | 11:09 AM
|

Originally Posted by hackman

Baloney. The software is already there, they just need an activation code. Call this number (800) 452-4827, option 9. They are very helpful and will contact your Service Manager directly.

The following users liked this post:
thePest007 (02-05-2017)
Old 10-27-2012 | 11:52 AM

Baloney. The software is already there, they just need an activation code.
The "activation code" you are referring to is actually the seed and response codes I mentioned. We launch SDD, select the Key for entering Engineering Mode, and SDD gives us a seed code. We pass that code to Technical and they pass a response code to us to enter. Then we are in a special one time session that allows us to re-enable the voice by altering the Car Configuration.

So in that sense, you are correct that it is there; we just can't get to it without Jaguar's involvement.

You'd almost think we were dealing with Fort Knox!

Cheers,

Old 10-27-2012 | 03:03 PM
Default Voice

What do you mean by re activating voice ?

Old 11-09-2012 | 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by xjrguy
Well, it's not exactly a line, it's just that they [Jaguar] have made the re-enable of JaguarVoice a bit cryptic; and honestly, the dealer may not know the "procedure".
Originally, SDD had the ability to re-enable the voice, but they took that away. It's still there, it's just not available to us without the involvement of Jaguar Technical people. Kinda goes like this:

>Dealer has to contact their Jaguar Rep [AMM] for approval to re-enable.
>Rep contacts dealer and Jaguar Technical that approval granted.
>Dealer has to hook up to car w/SDD and contact Jaguar Technical.
>Tech and Technical exchange seed and response codes to put SDD in Engineering Mode.
>Tech can then perform the re-activation of voice function.
>Jaguar advises they have done this as a service to the owner, and will not address any real or perceived quirks of operation in the JaguarVoice system.

Because of the hoops they have to jump through, allow them the day to get it accomplished. I will say, I have reactivated numerous XF's, and have yet for anyone to actually complain about it's function. Go figure!

Hope that helps!
Hi, I know this isnt the best thread for this, but its the best post to respond to I've seen so far
I think a have a way to get those codes(from my earlier software engineering days), once the correct code is entered where is it possible to see the newly enabled functions, im still getting used to navigation in sdd its a tricky thing

hope its ok i put it in this thread