XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...

For those of you who chose to ignore the warning, here are some pics of my 2010 Jaguar XF Premium

Completed mods:

22x9 Vossen Cv3's in machined/black finish on 245/30/22 tires, non-staggered
Black grille
Blacked out roof, side mirrors and chrome accents
De-badged rear trunk
Black brake calipers

Future mods:

Lowering springs
Rear spacers
Window tint
Tinted tail lights
Exhaust

As always, any and all comments are welcome. Thanks. TC

Attached Thumbnails Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen1.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen2.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen3.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen4.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen5.jpg  

Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen6.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen7.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen8.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen9.jpg   Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...-vossen10.jpg  

The following 5 users liked this post by tc1728:
Aonsaithya (07-07-2012), Bigg Will (06-10-2015), edobernig (07-05-2012), macboots (10-01-2012), Panthro (07-29-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW...You have destroyed such a beautiful car...Hehehe JK.

I love the way they fill the wheel well gap. I do not know how much or even if you need to lower it? Wouldn't it rub? I would leave it the way it is?

I like those wheels just trying to get used to the black lips? Chrome would look nice but the idea/theme is no chrome. I bet it handles nice.

What exhaust are you going with? You should do an ECM tune also.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you paint the chrome or is the door trim and others parts available in black... love the no-chrome idea... Gives the man more reflective spots to aim his LIDAR gun too... lol

Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Like the view from the back with the black roof. Front is needing something... Maybe replacing the front license plate surrounds to black also.

This is not an overall look that appeals to me personally, but have you thought about smoking the tail lights. Not sure if you can do anything with the headlights along those lines to tone down the brightness.

The larger rims give the side profile a squatter look. Can you actually lower the car and not impact the tires? Not sure if it would improve the look but it may.

What are your wheel offsets front and back on the rims as the tires appear to be about flush with the wheel wells.

Are the windows tinted at all? A darker tint may help tie in the black components even more.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey, as long as you're happy, I'm happy for you.

While I personally am not 100% sold on the black-packing, I think that the roof looks awesome...something I would consider Doing to my car. How much did that run, what's it called, and where did you go to have it done?

Also, if it were me, I would do the whole side vents in black, too. That would look sweet.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Fil the wheel wells? Aren't the tires the same diameter as stock?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I could live without such big wheels personally, but everything else looks great. I agree that the smoked rear lenses would finish the rear off perfectly. Not much you could/should do about the headlights, but the orange indicators stand out a bit much now. The black roof really looks good. Given that Jag went for blacked-out C pillars on the XJ to accentuate the "glass house", I think this is in keeping with the design philosophy. It would be interesting to see what Ian Callum would do, given a free hand!

Old 07-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Although I applaud you for your diligence and your creativity, I keep looking at these pics and I want to like what you've done, but something seems amiss. Can't put my finger on it. I like the wheels on other cars but I don't think I like them on the XF. For one, I believe a stagger would have definitely given the front end a better profile. They just look like big wheels on a car. (any car). Something with the color of the wheel versus the color of the car is not jiving with me. The key word being "versus". It's like they're working against eachother, and the black accents aren't really enhancing the look. It's like 5 things (wheels, wheel color, wheel size, black accents, and silver car) all working against eachother instead of in unison. The high end look that the XF seems to ooze naturally, is gone, and it now looks like a regular car with black accents and big wheels. Just my opinion. Not trying to set off a bunch of crazy rants or persnal attacks on here. I may be in the minority in my opinion but I'm fine with that.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ttboonie
Although I applaud you for your diligence and your creativity, I keep looking at these pics and I want to like what you've done, but something seems amiss. Can't put my finger on it. I like the wheels on other cars but I don't think I like them on the XF. For one, I believe a stagger would have definitely given the front end a better profile. They just look like big wheels on a car. (any car). Something with the color of the wheel versus the color of the car is not jiving with me. The key word being "versus". It's like they're working against eachother, and the black accents aren't really enhancing the look. It's like 5 things (wheels, wheel color, wheel size, black accents, and silver car) all working against eachother instead of in unison. The high end look that the XF seems to ooze naturally, is gone, and it now looks like a regular car with black accents and big wheels. Just my opinion. Not trying to set off a bunch of crazy rants or persnal attacks on here. I may be in the minority in my opinion but I'm fine with that.
I agree. I would have personally had the factory wheels professionally painted black. I hate 'ghetto rims' and those rims are pushing ghetto for my tastes.

That said, I still think black side vents would complete the look nicely.

What I like the most is the artistic freedom this car embodies. You see a million black cars with silver accents (mine being one of them) but very few silver cars with black accents. Nicely done.

The following users liked this post:
musicscramble (08-28-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by ttboonie
You may be onto something there with the size of the wheels. Maybe the 21 size would not have pushed the proporotions as much.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

I applaud you for carrying thru with your theme all around the car, not half assed as some do. I have a couple suggestions, do the stock exhaust finishers in black for now and make sure your new exhaust has black tips as well. Also remove the chrome licence plate frames, they no longer belong. The smoking of the lights front and rear will really finish your car off!

The wheels have a great offset and the Vossens are of nice quality, I love 5 spoke wheels but must say they look out of place on this car, also imho 22 is slightly to large for the XF, 20's give the perfect balance of rim and tire side wall.

Overall nice job of customizing and if you love it then you have done it right!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Obviously, it's all about personal taste, but for me, those wheels are way too big...not to mention the fact that you are basically riding on metal, as there is almost no rubber between the road and the wheel.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Like the view from the back with the black roof.
Ditto!

I'm good with pretty much everything you did. Even though I am not a blacked out man, I understand the your theme. And in some of the pics, the 22's look good(rear quarter panel) and in some they do look too big. But very good job on making the car you wanted to make! Those rims are boss and I'm really digging the roof!

Old 07-04-2012, 09:00 PM

I know I mentioned the black side vents earlier (which i think would be killer), but what about a black leaper, perhaps? That would look sweet

Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
Fil the wheel wells? Aren't the tires the same diameter as stock?
No. 245/40-19 is not the same diameter as 245/30/22.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats TC. Overall looks good to my eye. Your theme is well executed. Our liquid silver is tough because to me it has a little bit of a tint to it that clashes just a tad with black depending on the lighting IMO.

Your wheels definitely look bigger than mine, presumably because there's no outer lip and the spokes run pretty much all the way to the tire. I wanted more than five spokes on mine for more of a luxury look, the five spoke lends itself to a sportier look.

I think the stance is cool as is especially since you've already closed the gap. I know you were going to make a decision on your rotor color before deciding on the tails. I think going black on the tails is the better move. I wouldn't tint the headlights, that almost never looks good to me.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Tc,, I think the car looks great.

One dislike- I feel like the wheels are out to far on the front. Did you use spacers or is it the offset of the wheel? Also I think you should lower it.

I love the roof!! It give the car a nice look. Did you 3m wrap in or paint? How much did you spend on the roof? you can pm me about costs on the roof.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thos rims are fugly, you shouldve gotten some bit of more dish in em.

Last edited by joycesjag; 07-05-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Ok fellow members, lets not turn this thread into an locked thread!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

So you've made your jag slower by fitting oversized wheels. Plus you can't drive normally over rough roads or even driveways. Hmmmm.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (03-19-2016)

Quick Reply: Warning: Modded Jaguar content inside...