XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Washer fluid level error

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Washer fluid level error

Seemingly as I fix/maintain one thing on my XFR, something else goes awry. Changed the oil yesterday and while I was under the hood I filled the washer fluid with water. I didn't have a message saying it was low, just thought I'd do it. Put about four liters of water into it and filled it to the brim. Started the car, WASHER FLUID LOW... Now, I had just washed the car also so I didn't use the washer fluid to see if that would reset the sensor, but I turned the car off and looked back in the washer fluid reservoir and it was still full to the brim. Anybody else have this issue? Do I need to just use the washer fluid one time to reset the sensor? I can't seem to get away from that little yellow triangle in the dash

Old 10-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So I decided today to take a stab at this issue after doing a little more research. Turns out the float sensor was in upside down...

Anyway, I put it back in the correct way (float side UP) and that got rid of the washer fluid low error message. Today is the first time since I bought the car that I've been able to start it without any error messages!