XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Were anyone elses rear calipers a PITA to pry off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

So the dealer again found nothing wrong and actually said that 10k mile lifespan for rear pads is "normal". Guess we will be looking at trading the thing car in for a car that doesn't have "normal" brake pads.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,266 Likes on 2,410 Posts

Why abandon the car just because the rear brake pads wear out a bit quick?
This is fairly normal for the XF due to a number of factors including: soft (and dusty) stock pads, heavy car, auto trans, the way the EPB works, and the anti-dive system which applies the rear brakes sooner/harder than "normal".
The solution is to swap out the rear pads for ceramic pads which will last at least twice as long and be almost dust free.

The following users liked this post:
TreVoRTasmin (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Why abandon the car just because the rear brake pads wear out a bit quick?
This is fairly normal for the XF due to a number of factors including: soft (and dusty) stock pads, heavy car, auto trans, the way the EPB works, and the anti-dive system which applies the rear brakes sooner/harder than "normal".
The solution is to swap out the rear pads for ceramic pads which will last at least twice as long and be almost dust free.
That is just one of the many issues. The thing is complete junk when compared to any of the other we have owned. It has been in the shop 4 times in 8 months (and I wait til there are numerous issues). None of the others have ever been to a dealer. A bit early, well you should see the ceramic dust all over them now and 20k out of a pad is still laughable. Heck the pads on my 12000lbs motorhome will far outlast that and it actually gets driven hard! I would be surprised if the ESB has even been on in the car since we had it. There is something wrong and since Jaguar can't solve it, just as they can't solve the stupid eco that works for day or two after it is picked up and then stops completely I have little desire to deal with a car that needs constant attention and drives like a 2 ton Ford Taurus. Heck, Jaguar couldn't even send out a qualified person to jumpstart the thing 2 weeks after it was in for service (checking the battery isn't part of their "service" even though they found faults from a low battery).

Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not bashing dealerships, but I think more people prefer the Willow Grove dealer over the West Chester one. It maybe worth the trip jumping on the turnpike to see if they may be able to isolate and resolve your issues.

The following users liked this post:
TreVoRTasmin (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by PA_JAG_GUY
I'm not bashing dealerships, but I think more people prefer the Willow Grove dealer over the West Chester one. It maybe worth the trip jumping on the turnpike to see if they may be able to isolate and resolve your issues.
I would but there is no way I would take any car a 3+ hour round for service esp. for the frequency it needs to go in. We chose W.C. over Harrisburg for the same reason you stated about Willow Grove. My wife will be taking it up with Jaguar on Monday, I simply told her not to pick up the car until all of the issues have been addressed. Not my car, it is her nightmare to deal with.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

I had bad experiences with West Chester's service department and would not recommend them to anyone. If you are not satisfied, open a complaint to Jaguar North America. Also, make sure you fill out the dealer survey they send you after service. They take them seriously.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by BlckCat
I had bad experiences with West Chester's service department and would not recommend them to anyone. If you are not satisfied, open a complaint to Jaguar North America. Also, make sure you fill out the dealer survey they send you after service. They take them seriously.

Nor would I but they are still better than Harrisburg Jag/LR that can't even figure out how to order parts when you show up with part numbers. Still waiting on gaskets for the X type 4 years later.