XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

What did YOU do to your X250 today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Received 164 Likes on 113 Posts
Default What did YOU do to your X250 today?

First spa treatment for the new gal in the driveway. After 600 miles in the last week...needed a bath, vacuuming out, windows cleaned, and some minor stone chips addressed on the front bumper.

Oh, yeah, picked up the new front plate plinth, installed that in the existing holes in the front bumper, put that chrome leaper plate on, and unwrapped the OEM sunshield.

Treated the leather seats to Leatherique leather oil, and installed the rubber floor mats in the front footwell.

She's happy right now...and, oh, it's averaging, in both city and highway, about 30 MPG. I like that, considering the performance and 'spirit' of the car.

Posing, clean, and happy.

I can live with this...

Old 06-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Looks good! You might be the only person I know who intentionally added a front license plate holder when you didn't have to. I think it absolutely ruins the front of every car it is on.

This is a good option to fill those bumper holes if you don't want to put the plate holder back on. Color matched and fit perfectly:
BumperPlugs.com
Local here in Charlotte, great dude and he started out building components for Porsches. He has a sweet 911 Turbo as his personal / shop car.

The following users liked this post:
bdboyle (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Received 164 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
Looks good! You might be the only person I know who intentionally added a front license plate holder when you didn't have to. I think it absolutely ruins the front of every car it is on.

This is a good option to fill those bumper holes if you don't want to put the plate holder back on. Color matched and fit perfectly:
BumperPlugs.com
Local here in Charlotte, great dude and he started out building components for Porsches. He has a sweet 911 Turbo as his personal / shop car.
Yeah, I had thought about that, but as part of the reconditioning, they cleaned up (resprayed) the front bumper to take care of stone chips...and since it was done in NJ (which has front plates), they masked off around the plinth rather than removing it. So, there was a paint line where the missing plinth (which I don't need in PA) was. Seemed the easiest way.

Agree, there is NO good way to put a front plate on; this seemed to be the best solution, short of taking a new-to-me car to my body guy (the car was bought from a dealer in NJ...) and having him rectify (which he just did with my '00 XJ8...).

Of course, the my NJ colleagues think it looks ok. I'd rather not have a front plate (was thinking of picking up a european front plate as I did for the XJ), but that would have required drilling MORE holes rather than just bite the bullet and use the two that were already there.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts
Default What did YOU do to your X250 today?

WRX, I actually put one on but only because the police in CA are completely insane about pulling over people with no front plate or expired registration.

I occasionally have a few coctails and don't need the attention (DUI's cost way too much in this state and I need to drive for work), but even if I haven't had anything to drink, I don't like having 5-10 minute delays for a conversation with an officer just because it looks better. Plus having the custom plate KYANITE makes it a bit more bearable.

Another time I forgot to put my registration sticker on and realized it before a trip. It was raining so I was going to wait until it was dry to out it on. Got pulled over twice that day! I won't put super dark tint on the front windows either. It's just not worth it to me anymore.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Makes sense about the respray! And yea Kyanite I have been there, when I lived in VA we had to run front license plates and they were absolute ***** about aftermarket exhaust and tint. Then I moved down south to a more sensible state and couldn't be happier that I can leave the front plate off and the cops worry about crime that actually matters

The following 2 users liked this post by WRXtranceformed:
bdboyle (06-05-2015), DPK (07-17-2015)
Old 06-16-2015, 08:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default vibration

It was vibrating on the highway so had all four wheels rebalanced. Ah, smooth again.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
WRX, I actually put one on but only because the police in CA are completely insane about pulling over people with no front plate or expired registration.

I occasionally have a few coctails and don't need the attention (DUI's cost way too much in this state and I need to drive for work), but even if I haven't had anything to drink, I don't like having 5-10 minute delays for a conversation with an officer just because it looks better. Plus having the custom plate KYANITE makes it a bit more bearable.

Another time I forgot to put my registration sticker on and realized it before a trip. It was raining so I was going to wait until it was dry to out it on. Got pulled over twice that day! I won't put super dark tint on the front windows either. It's just not worth it to me anymore.
Got my front plate on for all your reason too Kayanite..LOL

Old 07-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a quick and easy way to put the front plate on. Bend the top and bottom back about an inch then use velcro patches on each folded corner, carefully squeeze and slide into central position in lower air intake section. Voila, looks just like a British plate. 5 years and no cop has said anything even during random stops.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Took Higgins in for a TPMS up, had the musical Tire Pressure low fault.

Last edited by Bigg Will; 07-24-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Got her all cleaned up and went to the All-British meet. Western Washington All British Field Meet

Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do to your X250 today?-img_20150725_131020_hdr.jpg   What did YOU do to your X250 today?-img_20150725_130258_hdr.jpg   What did YOU do to your X250 today?-img_20150725_133124_hdr.jpg   What did YOU do to your X250 today?-img_20150725_125258.jpg   What did YOU do to your X250 today?-img_20150725_130742_hdr.jpg