XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

What features can be added via SSD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Default What features can be added via SSD

I've been a member of the forums for several years in which time I've owned two X-Types, an XK8 and have recently purchased a 2014 XF which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Unfortunately, it lacks a number of features, some of which I would really like to have. My question, if anyone knows about these things is what features, if any, can be turned on with SSD equipment? I know that some of the car's features require additional equipment, but are there any where the equipment is present but turned off. I would not try to do the programming myself (heard some horror stories).

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-19-2024, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 3,944 Posts

Do you mean SDD?
Or it may be IDS.
Or WDS.
Be sure to get a suitable PSU first!

Old 03-20-2024, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,414 Likes on 1,900 Posts

What do you want to add? Do you know how to edit CCF's?
If the car is not wired for that option it will require more than just software changes?

I have been surprised what people have been able to delete? One guy removed the entire TPMS system and never touched any hardware!

The following users liked this post:
max224 (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for your quick reply. Guess I got the nomenclature of the software screwed up. I'd like to have the automatic headlight dimming enabled as a convenience on the assumption that the necessary equipment is already installed. I know that keyless entry requires different door handles along with warning signals for passing cars. The biggest obstacle for me is my lack of knowledge involving operation of the SDD software and my fear of messing something up. Going to the dealer probably not a good option.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

Does your car have the headlight hi beam module installed? These sensors are usually mounted in the rear view mirror somewhere.
Not sure if that was standard or not?
It's possible that your car might have this already as it's a 2014 model?

Old 03-21-2024, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

Well, the rear view mirror definitely has a sensor on it. I'd also like to be able to power-fold the outside mirrors. They can be individually adjusted, but the directions given in the owner's manual don't make them fold back. The Blind Spot Monitoring feature would also be nice. Interestingly enough, of all the features shown in the owner's manual, almost none of them are listed as being optional leading one to believe that these features are on all models.
A bit confusing overall.....

Max

Old 03-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member

If you get your SDD will you be able to use and edit the CCF? If that doesn't work you could change things back to stock.

I ask because I have not attempted to do anything with the CCF yet and I use SDD a good bit.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

As previous mentioned, I'm woefully ignorant regarding both SDD and CCF(?) designations and capabilities and seriously concerned over accidently turning my ECU into a brick. Also, the upfront costs of the software and the Mongoose cable might make this an expensive experiment. I'll check with my local Jaguar Club and see if, by chance, someone has the equipment and is much further along in the process than I am.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Max

Old 06-07-2024, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm pretty frustrated. I used the VIN calculator on this site to try and find out which features (if any) came with my 2014 XF. The owner's manual lists numerous features which aren't listed as options and I appear to have almost none of them. Hard to believe in a car with an MSRP of $ 53,000 has fewer features than cars costing half as much. I've contacted my local dealer who refused to give me a printout of the manufacturing sheet and have had no luck locating anyone in my area that has the software and the knowledge of how to use it. For instance, the sensor for the auto headlight dimming is on the back of the mirror, but there's no setting for enabling it. Forget about lane departure or radar detection of cars passing me or folding mirrors, I'm willing to invest in a Mongoose cable and the relevant software but am concerned about my ability to learn how to use it or bricking my car in the process.

Does anyone else have an XF model that lacks most features or is it just bad luck on my part to have found the rare "stripper model" of this car? I've owned 8 various model Jaguars over the past 50+ years and, reliability issues aside, have never reached this frustration level before. Any words of wisdom?

Old 06-13-2024, 07:07 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Try Monroney Labels to get a print out of your the factory build sheet. That should give you the exact options it came with. SDD can definitely unlock features for you, but many you have to have the part to fit then perform the CCF edit. Most of the stuff I used SDD for on my XF was adding in the Premium Sound system amp and upgraded all of the speakers to the premium yellow speakers, put in the Subwoofer, and Surround Sound speaker as that was pretty much what it was missing. Of course I also took the speed limiter of 130 mph off. Mine was the Portfolio so it came very loaded. Once you get SDD working you'll see the hundreds of individual features you can add. To edit the CCF is a process and many times it doesn't (I have a clone Mongoose cable so that could be one of the reasons) and you'll need to keep a charger on the battery so the car doesn't go to sleep, because it could take over 20 minutes to complete.

The following users liked this post:
max224 (06-14-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the link to Monroney labels and the SDD information. I got a copy of the window sticker for my car which confirmed its lack of features. I'm well aware of some of the features that could be unlocked require the installation of additional parts on the car, something that needs further to exploration. As I said earlier in this thread, I'd love to learn how to use SDD and do the CCF editing, but all I've read about this seems to emphasize the complexity of the software and the possibility of making a mistake that could "brick" my ECU. I've already purchased a tune form Velocity AP and installed it without a problem thanks to their excellent tech support.
If I finally get up the nerve to buy a Mongoose cable and the SSD software I'll write up a narrative of the journey and the outcome.
Thanks again for your help.
Max