XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

What Mods Have You Done to Your XF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLegend
Some of those are not mods. I consider changing your break pads, spark plugs, and fluids to be maintenance. And a sunshade is a mod? Lol
I think they are mods because they are upgrades to the oem fluids, pads and plugs for better performance.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Long Islander
These are very interesting. Any photos?
check out my profile page. I have an album with my XF showing all the mods except the rear boot blade. I haven't taken a pic of it yet because I'm working on sealing the gap between the blade and car. It let's a little light shine through and it KILLS me!! I'm just about to use black caulk to seal the small space between blade and car.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by chXFS
Seen this car on another forum. It's a cool mod. Wanted to attempt the lit Jaguar letters on the trunk but can't seem to find a spare. Don't want to ruin mine if I mess up.
I actually ordered a spare from jaguar. Wasn't too pricey. But cutting the letters was a PAIN!!! Slow a s steady with a dremmel tool and rotary bit. Then i used a set of fine files to smooth the edges as best I could. I tried EVERY kind of led bulb behind the red plastic I salvaged from an old brake light. Finally I installed two red led strips to the actual boot behind the blace and it worked best. totally difused the light so you don't see a light source. It just shows areound the edge of blade.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
i think they are mods because they are upgrades to the oem fluids, pads and plugs for better performance.
lmao!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
check out my profile page. I have an album with my XF showing all the mods except the rear boot blade. I haven't taken a pic of it yet because I'm working on sealing the gap between the blade and car. It let's a little light shine through and it KILLS me!! I'm just about to use black caulk to seal the small space between blade and car.
What is the source for the rear growler? Also, the trunklid curves quite a bit from left to right. If the growler is perfectly flat with no bend in it, does it sit properly on the trunk edge?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Long Islander
What is the source for the rear growler? Also, the trunklid curves quite a bit from left to right. If the growler is perfectly flat with no bend in it, does it sit properly on the trunk edge?
I actually made it. I used the adamesh xk metal badge. I took apart the plastic growler from the metal base, inserted a small red led marker light, then popped the growler face and outer ring from the black plastic background. Used a dremel to cut off tabs and used epoxy clar and glue to attach to the red led light. Perfect fit!
The metal badge actually has a curved back but I did have to slightly sand it to fit the curve of the boot. To install, I used a dremel again and cut an opening to allow a small part of the red led plug to fit into the boot, then used epoxy clay, put a full circle on the red led and pressed it to the boot to seal any chance of water leakage. Simply wired it to the plate light
I want to attempt to wire to brake lights as well.
Also have same lit growler for grille with clear led back ground. Just dread wiring to headlights!! Lol

Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
I actually made it. I used the adamesh xk metal badge. I took apart the plastic growler from the metal base, inserted a small red led marker light, then popped the growler face and outer ring from the black plastic background. Used a dremel to cut off tabs and used epoxy clar and glue to attach to the red led light. Perfect fit!
The metal badge actually has a curved back but I did have to slightly sand it to fit the curve of the boot. To install, I used a dremel again and cut an opening to allow a small part of the red led plug to fit into the boot, then used epoxy clay, put a full circle on the red led and pressed it to the boot to seal any chance of water leakage. Simply wired it to the plate light
I want to attempt to wire to brake lights as well.
Also have same lit growler for grille with clear led back ground. Just dread wiring to headlights!! Lol
Very nice.

Here's an additional refinement that you can do with your lit Jaguar blade. Once, a long time ago, I was behind a Porsche 911 (perhaps a mid-1990's model), that had the red plastic lens between the two taillights, with PORSCHE edged into the lens. When the Porsche was stopped at the light and the brake lights were lit, the letters P-O-R-S-C-H-E lit up one at a time sequentially until all were lit, then went off and the whole cycle started up again.

So, if you really want to drive yourself crazy, you can figure out how to do that.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side emblems

anybody know how to take the side emblems off of the vents without breaking??

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can any of you guys post pictures of those who changed there interior halogen lightening to LED? I hate how its yellow hallogen and wanted to get an idea how it would look like if it was white led.. thanks