XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

What are you St. Louis area people doing for service???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What are you St. Louis area people doing for service???

Well my service required light came on which I am assuming is for the first service of my 11 xf s/c. It only has 12k miles on it, but assuming it is needed due to time. Well I know the dealership that has been here all my life filed bankruptcy and the bank seized assets 2 months after I bought my car from out of state. UGH!

They seemed to still be in business many months after that under a different name and claimed service was up and running. Long story short, they now to be completely out of business and now that I have my service required light on, I have no where to take it.

Called Jaugar USA and they said they will look into having it shipped to Peoria IL (2-3 hours away) at no charge for service but I would be out of a car for several days. There has to be a way where we can have a local provider provide the warranty service since maintenance is included. Plaza Motors carries every line under the sun (including Land Rover) except for Jaguar so I would think Jaguar could honor their service. I know they are trying to get another dealer in St. Louis but that might take some time.

Ideas? I really hate shipping it off and then having no car and that is only if Jaguar gets it approved.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

My original local dealer dropped Jaguar. Jaguar USA sent me a letter assigning the car to another dealer that is 90 miles away. For standard maintenance, the replacement dealer agreed to flat-bed a loaner Jag to me, pick up mine, service it, flat-bed it back to me, and pick up their loaner at no cost. Maybe you can arrange for the same type of service from the Peoria dealer until Jag sets up another local dealer.

Last edited by Jerry S; 12-05-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 PM

Jerry S, were they in the process of getting a new dealer local to you or do you always have to do that? I'm a lot further than 90 miles and going through the Jaguar USA instead of the Peoria dealer. I will ask them about sending a loaner as well, but the guy on the phone said that he wouldn't be able to do that. Where exactly are you located?

Anybody else have similar issue or insight as to what Jaguar can/should do for me?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jlindy
Jerry S, were they in the process of getting a new dealer local to you or do you always have to do that? I'm a lot further than 90 miles and going through the Jaguar USA instead of the Peoria dealer. I will ask them about sending a loaner as well, but the guy on the phone said that he wouldn't be able to do that. Where exactly are you located?

Anybody else have similar issue or insight as to what Jaguar can/should do for me?
Jaguar USA sent me the letter and assigned me to the replacement dealer. They also had the vehicle records transfered to the replacement dealer. As far as I know, they aren't establishing a new dealer closer to me. I don't know if they had anything to do with the maintenance service transport business. That may have been a courtesy provided only by the dealer.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 PM

Dealer has my car. Jaguar USA arranged to have it picked up this morning via flatbed and drive the 3 hours trip to Peoria. No loaner or rental provided so I have to wait. Good news is that it should be back next day.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

I am astounded that there is no longer a Jag dealer in St Louis. I should go out and get one up and running. I have family there, i can probably stay with them for a while. Pipe dream. That sucks having to flatbed back and forth to Peoria and no loaner to boot.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by BlackX300VDP
I am astounded that there is no longer a Jag dealer in St Louis. I should go out and get one up and running. I have family there, i can probably stay with them for a while. Pipe dream. That sucks having to flatbed back and forth to Peoria and no loaner to boot.
I agree. There has been one here for 20 plus years and goes down 2 months after I bought mine. That being said, they are in negotiations with others to pick one up here and feel there will be one in the future.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 AM

I got the car back the very next day and all was great. Overall, this was a very easy and pleasant experience for me other than not having a loaner. Jaguar went above and beyond to make sure I was communicated with constantly and they arranged pick up within an hour or so when the work was completed and to my doorstep. Excellent customer service Jaguar USA and Jaguar Peoria!!!

Last edited by jlindy; 12-09-2011 at 09:19 AM.