XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Why my new car is a Tesla

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
What's not enjoyable is having you troll around here with your electric car.

Check out my DIYs to see what I contribute.

Now stop replying to me and just go away, troll!

Dear Troll,

I understand for some the future can be scary. I wonder if your great-grandfather was similarly scared by those horseless carriages?

Old 08-11-2016, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 352 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by jlwine
Dear Troll,

I understand for some the future can be scary. I wonder if your great-grandfather was similarly scared by those horseless carriages?
Found a pic of you on the internet Mr. Troll. Now go set your car to drive you into a truck and die already because clearly you have nothing better to do.

Attached Thumbnails Why my new car is a Tesla-troll.jpg  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 AM

Found a pic of you on the internet Mr. Troll. Now go set your car to drive you into a truck and die already because clearly you have nothing better to do.
Dear Troll,

Now once again I am faced with two possibilities. One possibility, you are an incredibly hateful, soulless, Godless person, who wishes a violent death upon someone because you incorrectly perceive they do not like a car that you own. Or, you are a Troll. I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh my God. Is this actually happening? You two are bickering like a couple of school girls.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Overblown
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh my God. Is this actually happening? You two are bickering like a couple of school girls.
I agree! But, I didn't start it--so there!!

The following users liked this post:
MarkN (08-13-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 07:18 AM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

I agree! But, I didn't start it--so there!!
na na na na na na!!

Old 08-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 498 Likes on 297 Posts

So sadly a couple of weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my 2011 XF Premium. Six years ago I thought I would never leave the Jaguar family.
Unfortunately, I learned over the last few years by my own experience and through this forum that Jaguar does not stand behind their own product.

Of the issues discussed over the years on this forum, the one that stands out for me the most, is the many reports of owners having had with the bulge in the dash, it seems to me that this is absolutely a design flaw and I find it reprehensible that for most of these customers, Jaguar failed to offer a real solution or accommodation--thus costing their customer's thousands of dollars for replacement by a dealer. Thankfully, this never happened to me--but it certainly had me looking at my damn dash every time I got in--just waiting for the first sign--this was also part of my motivation to sell.

As for personal experiences, just a few weeks after buying my XF I was traveling at speed on the Interstate when I began to feel a vibration. I slowed down and pulled over at the next exit. I found several lug nuts on the rear passenger wheel loose enough I could turn with my hand. I got the lug wrench out of the trunk and started tightening. The stem on the first lug snap off as soon as I placed the wrench on it. This of course was very alarming as I didn't know how many other stems may also have been compromised. I was able to limp home and take the car in to the dealer the next day.

1 comment and 1 question.....

The comment: I have a 2009 XF, purchased brand new, it's garaged in the evenings, but out in the sun during the day. Obviously 2 years older than your former car, but my dash is still in good shape. maybe the Armor All treatments help.

The question: Did you purchase your car brand new? If not, there's no way that Jaguar is responsible for your "loose nuts". If bought new, I agree that they should have been checked prior to delivery, but that becomes a dealer issue. Most car dealers store their cars outdoors. Vandalism is always suspect, therefore I always check tire pressures and/or lug nut torque IMMEDIATELY after bringing home a new car.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,181 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Hmmm ... I check tire pressures and lug nuts before
every long trip. That happens about every six weeks for me.

And yes, I also check fluid levels at the same time, except
for the diff ... that's a several hour job.

I've also been known to stop at a offramp and get out the
breaker bar if something has spooked me about how the
suspension feels. Always a waste of time, but I feel
better afterwards.

Tesla? Known for tire wear problems on the inside edge
and bland. Walked past one yesterday and had to look
twice to decide if it was a Nissan or something else.

Finally figured it out when I saw the big "T" in the
grille.

Bland and unremarkable.

It's never been and never will be on my list of
"interesting cars". The list is extensive, but it does
not include Tesla.

Last edited by plums; 08-13-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
1 comment and 1 question.....

The comment: I have a 2009 XF, purchased brand new, it's garaged in the evenings, but out in the sun during the day. Obviously 2 years older than your former car, but my dash is still in good shape. maybe the Armor All treatments help.

The question: Did you purchase your car brand new? If not, there's no way that Jaguar is responsible for your "loose nuts". If bought new, I agree that they should have been checked prior to delivery, but that becomes a dealer issue. Most car dealers store their cars outdoors. Vandalism is always suspect, therefore I always check tire pressures and/or lug nut torque IMMEDIATELY after bringing home a new car.
Yes, it was brand new, as a matter of fact the first new vehicle I ever had purchased. I was always a CPO buyer but at that time on the XF Premium they were offering 0% financing and all scheduled maintenance plus wear and tear items with the exception of tires, so it was too tempting.
I agree as I mentioned, I too should have checked the torque, but frankly I should not of had to on a brand new vehicle. Jaguar lost my loyalty by the way they responded. This is not to say I regret my purchase, I absolutely loved the car--but decided then and there that I would not purchas another. Who knows, if I live long enough the lure of the cat may change my mind down the road , but right now I am absolutely thrilled and in love with the new car!

Old 08-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member

You just can't give up trolling the Jaguar forum. Why aren't you on the Tesla forum bashing the Jaguar brand? Well, you probably are given the time you have on your hands.

Given your childish behavior here, I am sure if we heard the dealer's side of the story, it would provide a very valid and reasonable explanation why they made you pay the $300.

So now you have your revenge on the brand which is based on your own stupidity, get the heck out of here. Good riddance!

Last edited by lotusespritse; 08-14-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:10 PM

You just can't give up trolling the Jaguar forum. Why aren't you on the Tesla forum bashing the Jaguar brand? Well, you probably are given the time you have on your hands.

Given your childish behavior here, I am sure if we heard the dealer's side of the story, it would provide a very valid and reasonable explanation why they made you pay the $300.

So now you have your revenge on the brand which is based on your own stupidity, get the heck out of here. Good riddance!

Dear Troll,

Just can't stop your trolling ways no matter how dead the horse (no offense to any of your famity members intended) you are trying to beat.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

Dear Troll,

Just can't stop your trolling ways no matter how dead the horse (no offense to any of your famity members intended) you are trying to beat.
Mods, can we ban this guy already? He clearly has an axe to grind and no value to add. He must have got beat up a lot as a kid. And sorry if I beat you up, it was a long time ago, get over it.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 AM

Mods, can we ban this guy already? He clearly has an axe to grind and no value to add. He must have got beat up a lot as a kid. And sorry if I beat you up, it was a long time ago, get over it.

Mods, if you want to delete this whole thread as lotusespritese just continues to try and be a bully--I am fine with that.

As far as banning anyone, please review the thread, see who the OP was, who has been a long term member and wished to share my experience.

Then look and see who tried to hijack this thread has been a troll from the very start, who has more than once wished death upon me and has repeatedly attempted to bully and continues to troll.

I have attempted in my last several posts to end this light hardily. However, a troll being a troll won't let it go.

I would love for this to end, however I will not EVER let myself be bullied or for that matter stand for anyone else be bullied.

So Dear Troll, this can be the last post--or it can continue for the next 17 years of me showing how silly and childish you are, and you continue to post lame response that frankly are quite embarrassing for you.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

I think this thread has run its course

Old 08-15-2016, 09:39 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Mods, can we ban this guy ......
Mods, if you want to delete this whole thread as lotusespritese just continues to try and be a bully ......
That's more than enough of this childish stupidity from both of you.

It ends now.

THREAD LOCKED

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
Onedark1 (08-23-2016), Swimref (08-18-2016)