XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Wronged by Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You believe a used car dealer when they say the USPS lost something?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

That is what I was thinking. Pretty unlikely story. Not very much mail gets lost in reality.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
Just to clarify a point we are talking about the spare key correct? This means the car can be driven. The only issue is books & a spare key the customer made the descion not to leave in the car for whatever reason & a clerk who shipped something in a more economical manner. The title is a simple replacement.
You are correct it is only the manuals and spare key.

The tracking number and post office state that the envelope was lost inside the state of Illinois. So I know things got shipped.

Last edited by Rique; 01-30-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I purchased my 2011 XF, it was preowned, the dealer only had 1 key. Told them that I would sign the papers for the car without the spare key. They issued me a " We Owe" slip stating that they would get me one. Gave them a week and called. They said take the car to a Jag dealer and they would pay. I did and they did. Cost was $650. The biggest part of the cost was the actual key that had to been sent from England. The FOB was in stock. Neither they or I expected it to be that much. Glad I insisted.
Walt

Old 01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey folks, I spoke to the General Manager and issued my letter. Since I got some pretty good advice here I am posting to get some feedback from you experienced dealer bashing kind
Thanks for any comments. Riq

Dear Mr. Bucaro,
Further to our phone conversation of yesterday I am contacting you to place a formal complaint
for the pending delivery of my cars extra key, manuals and original title.
All sales paper work was sent to me by Mr. Jim Fruznya via FedEx and I returned the courtesy sending them back by the same means. Upon completion of payment I requested he send me the Original Owners Title, spare keys and manual. To my surprise he advised that FedEx does not accept boxes and thus items were sent by US Post. I contacted FedEx and was told that this was un true. FedEx can handle any type of box both as courier and and freight service.
Tracking the package online it reports the last scan was prior to leaving the state of Illinois thus it seams it was lost within the United States. I contacted my local USPS EMS office here and they have confirmed that package was lost in the US. I still can not fathom how a sales clerk from your dealership could send the keys and ownership documents together by US Post and on top of that I understand uninsured.
During a phone conversation with Jessica I was advised that my sales contact Andy was looking into getting another set of manuals and key for me. This was very comforting and made me feel I was dealing with a top shelf luxury car dealership. Unfortunately, Mr. Fruznya later told me that he considered the loss of the package not his fault and that he was sorry I was upset.
It is not my business who or how the package was sent. However, it is clear to me that this does not relieve your dealership of its total responsibility to complete the sales transaction with the delivery of the remaining of my property since you have already been paid. At this time the car is in Miami Florida and I am concerned with the fact that there is an envelope with key and title to this vehicle floating around in the US.
As of our conversation you have requested a reasonable waiting period for US Post to come up with package. I would like to know what date you wish to place as a limit. Package was shipped on December 22nd which has us at one month and a week.
Vehicle will not leave the United States until this issue is solved causing us what we consider extra expenses and unnecessary concern. I hope we can solve this promptly so our storage and other expenses don’t add up due to the lack of completion of this sales transaction.
I have been legally advised I need to send this letter to you physically so you will received it by FedEx. I must remind you that even though this sale is for the export of vehicle, completion of this sale is still made under US federal and State Laws.
I look forward to a positive resolution on your behalf

Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't forget to mention the sales guy chose to ship it without insurance. There is a reason the shipper wants it bc they are responsible for damages not the receiving party.