XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF 2013 AWD problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy XF 2013 AWD problem

Hello everyone! My name is Alex, I'm from Ukraine and I am an owner of a beautiful XF 3.0 supercharged AWD. Unfortunately, for the past year and a half that I've had it most of the time it spent in service or on the parking, waiting for the service. I've brought it from USA auctions, as a non-damaged car, however, it was shipped without keys. Little did I know, that keys were probably thrown away on purpose, as after almost 6 months of struggle to make a key, I realise that the engine is completely dead. Overheated and stuck. But even that is not a problem anymore, in Ukraine we have all kind of serviceman, who can even rise a jaguar engine from the dead. Now it purrs like a kitten, and drives like a dream, however..... awd keeps shutting down all the time. And that, surprisingly, is the biggest problem, as physically and electronically everything is ok. Multiple services have been all over the wiring and transmission and transfer box with no luck. When you start driving, everything seems good, however, usually on the nearest traffic light, error comes on that awd has been shut down. Sometimes. however, the error doesn't show for a good amount of time, and then it comes up during a steady ride on a highway.. The most frustrating thing, there is no consistency in this error(
This car is so cool, but it has drained so much money already, that it is just mind-blowing.
Maybe someone here has any ideas on this awd problem, that would be an enormous help!

Old 07-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

diferent rolling circumference on both axis wrongly entered to CCF, increased temps of oil. if you will not solve problem,covert car to RWD. this can be done. sorry for trouble you had. probebly you buyght car from non isnurance company but from individual. never do this on usa auctions other time.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:53 PM

I'm sorry, but english is not my native, what is CCF? Car was purchased on iaai, it's an insurance site.. I think they just threw away the keys, after realising what has happened to it(

If i understand You correctly, the car can give an error because of a high temperature of oil in the transfer box? But sometimes this error shows almost instantly, when the car is cold..

Old 07-31-2020, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 327 Posts

fuel pump

Old 08-01-2020, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by dennis black
fuel pump
Fuel pump affects awd capabilities?

Old 08-04-2020, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by elviukai
diferent rolling circumference on both axis wrongly entered to CCF, increased temps of oil. if you will not solve problem,covert car to RWD. this can be done. sorry for trouble you had. probebly you buyght car from non isnurance company but from individual. never do this on usa auctions other time.
This is the error code: P170E-92. Clutch delivered torque performance

Old 08-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Did you change the Transfer case and Trans oil and rear diff oil? Use only ZF approved lubricants and parts.

Also, how is the battery? I (and a bunch of people here have as well) battery causes odd issues

Old 08-06-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jssaab
Did you change the Transfer case and Trans oil and rear diff oil? Use only ZF approved lubricants and parts.

Also, how is the battery? I (and a bunch of people here have as well) battery causes odd issues
Yeah... all oils changed.. Battery seems to be OK. Right now I'm thinking of checking the transmission, as this error indicates problems with clutch. And zf8hp70, as I understand, needs service on clutches and torque convertor from time to time... hope it helps