XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF 250 Driver Door Keyless Entry Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018 | 04:54 PM
|
Default XF 250 Driver Door Keyless Entry Retrofit

Hi, have been trying to perform the keyless entry retrofit for the driver door (only this door) of my pre-faceflit 2011 XF.

This has been posted on the other Jaginfo website Keyless entry completed

I was eventually able to get the keyless entry door lock mechanism, in addition to the door handle + bracket and complete door wiring loom so tried the retrofit today.

It was actually not as easy as I thought to remove the small door handle lock (have to access screw within door from a small hole and not much space for my tools) and get the handle/lock unit removed from the door (I had to unscrew and move the window guide bar to make space).

Pretty fiddly to replace the wiring loom but not too difficult.

Problem is that my driver door window controls no longer work with my new wiring loom and I need to lower the window a bit to allow me to re-attach the window guide bar - to align the screw holes I need to relieve the tension.
With the old wiring loom it was still possible to operate the controls on the partly dissasembled door.
This makes we worried that nothing will work so I have not reassembled everything yet. I can open and close the door using the new handle from outside (have not attached the inside lock to handle yet) but when I try to lock with the button on the outside door handle the car double beeps and does not lock.

Any ideas if I also need to perform an SSD update on the KSSY module. The posted retrofit was actually done on facelift XF250 so maybe different for pre-facelift.

I will have to change back again tommorow I think!!

Old 05-19-2018 | 03:54 PM

Did you get it sorted?