XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF dash repair..

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default XF dash repair..

I've seen a lot of people discussing different options for dash repair. Here is a vid of what I did and would do for you if you sent me your dash or car.

$300 for the dash
$450 if you bring me your car in Kansas City, MO.

There are some good vids on removal. Watch a few. My video was not detailed because if you need that kind of help it is out there already. It isn't NEARLY as hard as I thought. DO plan on breaking your speaker grill and defroster inserts, mine were crazy brittle.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 355 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by wesmc
I've seen a lot of people discussing different options for dash repair. Here is a vid of what I did and would do for you if you sent me your dash or car.

$300 for the dash
$450 if you bring me your car in Kansas City, MO.

There are some good vids on removal. Watch a few. My video was not detailed because if you need that kind of help it is out there already. It isn't NEARLY as hard as I thought. DO plan on breaking your speaker grill and defroster inserts, mine were crazy brittle.
What videos are you talking about? The only ones I have seen are very sketchy and hardly give the full procedure. If you want people to send you their dashes, throw them a bone and show the whole process and how you got to tough to reach screws like the ones up by the windshield, and how you maneuvered the dash out of the car. It's only a simple process if you have good instruction.

This one skips through most of the hard parts, so I hope you don't mean this one:

Old 09-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wesmc, I am actually in the KC area and just noticed that my second dash is starting to bubble (first replaced under warranty). I talked to Aristocrat last week and they hesitantly gave me the name of an upholstery shop in the area but if you have someone who you recommend I am open for suggestions.

Last edited by Jayhawker83; 09-10-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jayhawker83
Wesmc, I am actually in the KC area and just noticed that my second dash is starting to bubble (first replace under warranty). I talked to Aristocrat last week and they hesitantly gave me the name of an upholstery shop in the area but if you have someone who you recommend I am open for suggestions.
Uh, I think the OP is suggesting you bring it to him. $450.

Old 09-11-2019, 01:33 AM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I could be wrong, but the passenger side seams on the OEM dashboard are there to allow the airbag to deploy. Not seeing those on this refurb.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:58 AM

Yeah, if you pull it yourself the shop on main street in Grandview (Cover-Up) will take care of it for you. It will be beautiful and never wrinkle again.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:00 AM

Not really suggesting. Just offering. I'm not an upholstery shop but hate to hear about guys spending nearly $2K for something that is gong to fail again.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by litteredwithfaults
I could be wrong, but the passenger side seams on the OEM dashboard are there to allow the airbag to deploy. Not seeing those on this refurb.
There are no seams on the passenger side, other than the one on the leading edge that is retained.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
What videos are you talking about? The only ones I have seen are very sketchy and hardly give the full procedure. If you want people to send you their dashes, throw them a bone and show the whole process and how you got to tough to reach screws like the ones up by the windshield, and how you maneuvered the dash out of the car. It's only a simple process if you have good instruction.

This one skips through most of the hard parts, so I hope you don't mean this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_zO6C6dB4
Two seconds searching found 6 videos. I watched two or three of them, then pulled my dash in under an hour, and the re-install took about half that long. This one shows where to find all the fasteners:

I got to the screws up front by sticking a ratchet on them and removing them, they weren't hard to access at all. The dash passed right out the passenger side door. I don't "want" folks to send me their dash, but if the dealer is asking $1800 for this job I'd rather help guys in the group out.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I found all those videos in 1 second and they all suck in their own way.

I thought you were trying to make a business of fixing dashes based on you original post with your detailed pricing. If not, then yeah, don’t bother to make a video showing the complete method for removing the dash to make it easier for your customers.

Originally Posted by wesmc
Two seconds searching found 6 videos. I watched two or three of them, then pulled my dash in under an hour, and the re-install took about half that long. This one shows where to find all the fasteners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmATeD8HKDQ

I got to the screws up front by sticking a ratchet on them and removing them, they weren't hard to access at all. The dash passed right out the passenger side door. I don't "want" folks to send me their dash, but if the dealer is asking $1800 for this job I'd rather help guys in the group out.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Yeah, I found all those videos in 1 second and they all suck in their own way.

I thought you were trying to make a business of fixing dashes based on you original post with your detailed pricing. If not, then yeah, don’t bother to make a video showing the complete method for removing the dash to make it easier for your customers.
Harsh dude, as expected... carry on