XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF issues with electronics and smart key

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF issues with electronics and smart key

Good morning (or afternoon) everyone! I'm Sean, me and my father share a Jaguar XF 2015 2.0T Premium that we daily drive. It's a wonderful and great car but recently we have been starting to get so many issues, especially after , and we are getting very desperate because we have already have had to send it in to the shop to fix and repair, and seemingly instead of getting better, the car is actually starting to get worse, and we are reaching a point where its starting to strain us financially.
To give a breakdown because honestly I'm not very well-versed in vehicles, and I'm just trying to assist my dad, here are the list of problems.
1. Car is constantly staying that the coolant is low, even though we had it replaced with brand new coolant not even 2 days ago, we think its something to do with a faulty sensor but we have no way of diagnosing that.
2. The right blind spot sensor is no longer working, and has now caused the other one to stop working as well (though in the manual, it did say something about if one sensor fails, both will fail).
3. We have a yellow check engine light. Now we went to autozone and a mechanic and they both say that nothing is wrong with it, and that its most likely a loose gas cap but we don't know, no one has been able to figure it out.
4. And finally, our smart key, A few hours ago my father and his friend who is a mechanic thought it would have been beneficial for the vehicle to try and reset the electronics. They unplugged the engine battery cable and replugged it. Now there is no inherent issue with the vehicle or the battery but now the smart key refuses to sync with the vehicle and we can no longer lock/unlock the car with the smart key. Thankfully the vehicle can still start, but still its a problem.
I think I've been able to sort of detail as much as I can with the limited knowledge I know. I'm young and still very much trying to understand Jaguars so I hope that you all have patience with me as I ask for help. Thank you to anyone who is willing to help and if you need any more information, I'd happily obliged! Thank you!

Old 11-13-2023, 09:37 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

1. This is a common fault. Two possible causes, either the sensor itself is faulty, or the float in the coolant tank isn't floating. An unfloating float is a very common issue, you can tell by taking the cap of the coolant tank and see if the white float is still at the bottom of the tank. If that is the case it needs replacing, its integral to the tank so usually people just replace the whole tank, although I have seen someone who have managed to engineer the float out and replace but really changing the tank is far easier as its just held in with a couple of bolts and two hoses. The sensor itself is pushed in underneath the coolant tank, if the float looks like its working then check the sensor is connected correctly.
2. Could be a million things from poor battery voltage to failed module, you're going to need some diagnostic codes to see what is going on, ideally use the JLR SDD software as that will give you more detailed information.
3. This sounds spurious. Did they tell you want codes it had thrown that turned on the CEL?
4. Could also be a million things from poor power connection to the keyless entry module to corrupted configuration data. See this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...onnect-192543/. You're more than likely going to need SDD to help you find out what is going on.