XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Mina exhaust group buy

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default They have arrived!

Exhaust, amongst other goodies, have arrived. Going to install them today...will post before (resonators removed) and after video.

-Jason

Attached Thumbnails XF Mina exhaust group buy-new-mina-exhausts.jpg  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Thumbs up Update!

Well ,guys the time has come. Here is what has been put together for all of you. How many of you will be getting in on this? And dont forget t ohit that "Thanks" button below for me

Special promotional rate price is set at 725 USD shipped within the US and 675USD+freight for international orders (Freight based on ship to location). Upon purchasing the exhaust at the promotional rate the customer will immediately get 25USD in store credit, which cannot be used to discount the exhaust further, but can be used anything else they want. The promotional rate will officially only be in place for two weeks from November 23rd - December 2nd. However, if someone is anxious to get an exhaust we will be accepting orders at the promotional rate immediately.

So nobody feels left out, customers that have placed an order for the exhaust after the last group buy expired (and of course before the current promotion began) can contact us directly for a retroactive discount in the way of store credit.

The following 4 users liked this post by BigCat09:
baiao (12-06-2012), BigJ (11-14-2012), rbcollins (11-22-2012), schaefdawg (11-13-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 03:39 AM

Awww yeah...

Is there a special code we need to use or a link we need to go through?

Thanks for being awesome.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member

Just mention this thread and the BiCat name

jlocc619: Can you get good video of both as I have done this before and the results were horrible! I want to see i maybe te way I did mine was incorrect or not. The sound as very raspy and tingy like a rattle can sort of. Kinda like a 6 cycl camaro with straight pipes, very cheesey.

The XF exhaust flow is as follows: 2 cats right off the manifiold feed a single dual in resonator in the center of the car, then another twin inlet resonator is near the ear axle, then the two outlets split off to te rear cans.

So like my AMG I decided to just X-Pipe the rear last Resonator and eep the stock mufflers like my AMG and it sounded aweful !!!

So maybe the trick here is to just straight pipe 1 of the 2 resonators only to keep any imbalances of exhaust flow that created any of this crackling sound.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Just mention this thread and the BiCat name

jlocc619: Can you get good video of both as I have done this before and the results were horrible! I want to see i maybe te way I did mine was incorrect or not. The sound as very raspy and tingy like a rattle can sort of. Kinda like a 6 cycl camaro with straight pipes, very cheesey.

The XF exhaust flow is as follows: 2 cats right off the manifiold feed a single dual in resonator in the center of the car, then another twin inlet resonator is near the ear axle, then the two outlets split off to te rear cans.

So like my AMG I decided to just X-Pipe the rear last Resonator and eep the stock mufflers like my AMG and it sounded aweful !!!

So maybe the trick here is to just straight pipe 1 of the 2 resonators only to keep any imbalances of exhaust flow that created any of this crackling sound.
Absolutely. I will try to post the best video I can...haven't put them on yet, but will get some video of the "stock" exhaust in the meantime.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Default Stuff I picked up from Mina...

Black grille with chrome surround - they also sell with black surround, but i wanted to keep with the chrome trim of the lower grilles, plus it ties in the window trim, side vent badge, and chrome trunk piece
Carbon Fiber Hood Louvres
Carbon Fiber Front Aprons - kind of like a body kit lip, but two separate pieces
Carbon Fiber Eye Lids - they are upside down in the picture, but they give the "older" model XF headlights the new style line. i couldn't envision it when talking with Chris (Mina), but did a dry fitting and actually like them.
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser is (not pictured)

Will post before and after pics in a new thread and will probably add video links of the before and after exhaust in the thread as well.

-Jason

Attached Thumbnails XF Mina exhaust group buy-goodies1.jpg   XF Mina exhaust group buy-goodies2.jpg   XF Mina exhaust group buy-goodies3.jpg  

Last edited by jlocc619; 11-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

So how many of you got in on this round of group buys so far, and how many will make it by the end date?

Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

BigCat09,

I am considering ordering the rear diffuser as well black/w chrome surround grill. How should I go about this when contacting mina? Looking to order this week.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jlocc619
Black grille with chrome surround - they also sell with black surround, but i wanted to keep with the chrome trim of the lower grilles, plus it ties in the window trim, side vent badge, and chrome trunk piece
Carbon Fiber Hood Louvres
Carbon Fiber Front Aprons - kind of like a body kit lip, but two separate pieces
Carbon Fiber Eye Lids - they are upside down in the picture, but they give the "older" model XF headlights the new style line. i couldn't envision it when talking with Chris (Mina), but did a dry fitting and actually like them.
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser is (not pictured)

Will post before and after pics in a new thread and will probably add video links of the before and after exhaust in the thread as well.

-Jason
Are the carbon pieces all supplied by Mina? I don't see them on the site. Post pictures after they are installed.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Sick XF
BigCat09,

I am considering ordering the rear diffuser as well black/w chrome surround grill. How should I go about this when contacting mina? Looking to order this week.
When you call to order and mention this group buy fro mthe forums ask them after saying that to apply further discont on those other items you want. That for sure will help get better pricing on more items.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

I talked to Mina and they will be adding all of the carbon pieces shown in jlocc619 post very soon. Contact Mina if you are interested in them now. They have them in stock.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 11-21-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
Are the carbon pieces all supplied by Mina? I don't see them on the site. Post pictures after they are installed.

Thanks,
Chris
Yeah, sorry. They are supplied by Mina. Gonna need to wait as they're resending new hood louvres, so I'm not putting anything on until I have everything. I did install the black grill though...looks great. Will get to the exhaust and rear diffuser over the weekend when my father in-law is in town.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to see pics of that diffuser please.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sick XF
I want to see pics of that diffuser please.
Let me clarify; I'm not installing the front apron, eyelids, and hood louvres yet. I will be installing the diffuser and exhaust and have already installed the grille. Poor excuse for before and after attached.

Attached Thumbnails XF Mina exhaust group buy-grille3.jpg  

Last edited by jlocc619; 11-21-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered the exhaust today.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM

wai! so did this "group buy" already take place, i have been following this thread for a while and maybe i missed it, i def want to get this exhaust on my whip, and i was thinking about the rear window and trunk spoiler and the chrome front light stuff

lets do this! i want to buy myself a christmas present

Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 PM

Group buy is still on until December 2nd if I remember correctly. I received my exhaust today and will be installing it tomorrow.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM

Exhaust installed and I love it. Very quiet at idle and low RPMs. You can definately tell when it is downshifting now. Bit boomy when lugging up a hills but then so is every other exhaust. I'll see if I can get some photos soon.

Edit: The exhaust does not make the car sound like a tuner car and I didn't have to adjust my radio to compensate for more noise from the exhaust. I've read multiple reviews that say the exhaust will "burn in" so I'll see how it changes.

Attached Thumbnails XF Mina exhaust group buy-img_2587.jpg  

Last edited by JGene; 11-29-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 AM

I agree with JGene, but I think mine is a tad bid louder at certain times in the cabin due to the mid resonator delete. The thing sounds phenomenal...extremely pleased. To me it sounds like a throatier XKR-S, which I like. The Youtube vids I'm about to post and will post DO NOT do it justice!! I also know there is the garage factor as far as sound quality, so I plan on taking many more videos outside when I have time.

jlocc619 - YouTube <--VIDEO LINK

Attached Thumbnails XF Mina exhaust group buy-mina1.jpg   XF Mina exhaust group buy-rear-1a.jpg   XF Mina exhaust group buy-rear-2a.jpg   XF Mina exhaust group buy-rear-3a.jpg  

Last edited by jlocc619; 11-29-2012 at 07:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blrx7r1 (01-21-2014)

Quick Reply: XF Mina exhaust group buy