XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Mina exhaust group buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick XF
jlocc619,

I received my diffuser Sat and cant wait to get it installed. I had a few other questions for you before I send off to paint. Did you install yourself? Reason I ask is I know factory diffuser snaps out of bumper and the Mina one snaps in. They supplied 8 Screws 4 short and 4 long. Per instructions it says these are used to secure tabs. I am a little lost on what I would be drilling into or through. Maybe you could shed some light or if at all possible have pics of the underside so I can see how you secured yours. Any help would be appreciated.
Yeah, I started doing it myself...after snapping off the plastic "welds" it was all downhill from there. I'm fairly handy and I couldn't get it to line up correctly for the life of me. That YouTube video makes it look so easy my sister could do it, but that wasn't the case for me. I had Jag install it and they even had to do some tweaks apparently. Cost me one hour of labor in the shop to get it done right.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jlocc619
Yeah, I started doing it myself...after snapping off the plastic "welds" it was all downhill from there. I'm fairly handy and I couldn't get it to line up correctly for the life of me. That YouTube video makes it look so easy my sister could do it, but that wasn't the case for me. I had Jag install it and they even had to do some tweaks apparently. Cost me one hour of labor in the shop to get it done right.
We are taking about the OEM one right? Cause I was under the impression that the Mina one is a direct bolt on cause the tabs match up to the slots unlike the OEM were you have to make new slots.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chXFS
We are taking about the OEM one right? Cause I was under the impression that the Mina one is a direct bolt on cause the tabs match up to the slots unlike the OEM were you have to make new slots.
It's the Mina carbon fiber diffuser. Mine did not line up close enough for a snug fit to make the top piece look stock.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jlocc619
It's the Mina carbon fiber diffuser. Mine did not line up close enough for a snug fit to make the top piece look stock.
I'm about to pull the trigger on the diffuser myself. Probably gonna go with the non carbon. Well, it's good you got it all squared away. Sucks you had to pay for the hour labor, but I'm sure it was worth it.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mina Diffuser Installed - 2012 Portfolio

Finally got the Mina diffuser painted and installed. Painted the outside to match car and inside fins gloss black. Looks great and I installed myself in seriously 10min. The factory one came off no problem with the use of small flat head. No tabs broke and can be re-used. The Mina diffuser snapped in perfect with no adjustments. Was pretty surprised how well too after reading previous posts. Everything looks perfect from factory. Very happy!

XF Mina exhaust group buy-photo-4.jpg

Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I just added the Mina exhaust. Sound note is nice. There's some back firing at high rpms when you decelerate that I would like to eliminate. The install was straight forward. Quite notes: drivers side exhaust post needed to be lengthened as it was higher than right side and hitting the bumper. Pipes on each side had to be slightly widened to fit into existing pipes. Otherwise, all is okay.

Attached Thumbnails XF Mina exhaust group buy-img_3702_processed.jpg  

Last edited by ajmarton; 01-17-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cost to install

Originally Posted by ajmarton
I just added the Mina exhaust. Sound note is nice. There's some back firing at high rpms when you decelerate that I would like to eliminate. The install was straight forward. Quite notes: drivers side exhaust post needed to be lengthened as it was higher than right side and hitting the bumper. Pipes on each side had to be slightly widened to fit into existing pipes. Otherwise, all is okay.
Did you take it to a muffler shop to have the mods performed?

If so, what was the cost for the installation?

Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:48 PM

I took it to a local shop which in retrospect was the right move. The end of the Mina exhaust had to be expanded slightly to fit the existing pipes. I could have never done that at home and would have been stumped - plus the original exhaust would have been off. Also, it took some effort to get the driver side exhaust to sit right without touching the bumper apron. It still needs some adjustment but is at least a quarter inch from touching the apron on the inner side. Right side was a perfect fit. Cost was $120 with the adjustments.

The following users liked this post:
RayICS (03-22-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undelivered Order by Arden

Has anyone tried ordering from arden.de? I have ordered a Sports Silencer for my XFR last January 31 and until today, nobody from Arden can provide me the real status of my order. They have provided me a tracking number for the courier service they have used (Dachsen) but the number is not recognizable by the courier's online tracking facility. I reside in the Philippines but I have not experienced this kind of delay when I ordered from Adamesh and Rimmer Bros. To think that Arden is a well recognized Jaguar mod designer and parts provider, how come they have difficulty in providing satisfactory customer service? It is really frustrating. I am sharing this for everyone to know either to get helped or to warn prospective buyers.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Default Mina Exhaust Update...

I am happy to report that Chris at Mina called me about my concern after being made aware of my post. I told him what I was experiencing and he thought it was an installation problem. I took my XFR over to his shop and he confirmed that the exhaust was making contact with the heat shields. So I went to a muffler shop he recommended and the issue was taken care of at no cost to me. Also, Chris decided to replace the pair of Mina mufflers just to make sure there would be issues. The shop was very professional. Much better than the shop I used for the initial installation. Now the exhaust note is smoother and quieter at low RPMS. I am going to keep the Minas now! Chris runs a great operation and I highly recommend him. Andrew in Los Angeles

P.S. I also just got back from Austin, TX after attending the Jaguar Performance Driving Academy. The track was COTA (Circuit of the Americas) F-1 track. What a great event! I will post a video with a link for all to see in a separate thread.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:31 AM

UPDATE: After two months the Mina exhaust has toned down to acceptable levels when cruising at low speeds. And I'm probably more sensitive about this issue than most people as you can tell from my earlier posts. There must be some break-in time needed. You just hear enough to know that it's not stock. And the rumble kicks in on acceleration. I am finally very happy with this upgrade. Andrew in Los Angeles

Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missed Group Buy As Well...Anyone Game for A New One?

I missed the group buy, as well. Heard from a forum member at VIR of how successful (and cost saving) the last Mina buy was....anyone want to proceed in going after another group buy in 2014?

Originally Posted by michael_chen217
Hi guys I miss the group buy for this awesome exhaust last time.
I am wondering if anyone still interest in a group buy of this Mina exhaust for XF.
Thx

Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RICKTHEGATOR
I missed the group buy, as well. Heard from a forum member at VIR of how successful (and cost saving) the last Mina buy was....anyone want to proceed in going after another group buy in 2014?

I encourage you to call up and mention you are a forum member here. They are pretty good people and will likely work with you on price, particularly if you buy more than one product.

Rickthegator (01-17-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rickthegator
I'd be down if a group buy is offered!
2011 Jaguar XF
Also, has anyone in Toronto/Ontario installed the Mina exhaust? would love to hear it in person before pulling the trigger

Old 01-21-2014, 07:26 AM

As suggested - call Mina. The people their are very nice and may work out a deal just based on your membership in this forum.

JimC64 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have just developed a relationship with Mina being that I am also in SO CAL. If you need help with any of this just ask me because I had a motorcycle parts and accessories business and have good relationships with vendors as well.

JimC64 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

As suggested - call Mina. The people their are very nice and may work out a deal just based on your membership in this forum.

+1 on the above, Mina get a good rep here all round and may, I stress may yet join this forum as a vendor at some point......watch this space!

Old 01-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there is still a possibility that a group buy will occur, put me down as interested.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:58 PM

Like everyone keeps saying. GIVE CHRIS A CALL! He is a good dude. The last promotion they ran was not a group buy, it was a two week promotion $725 shipped US, I know cause that's when I got mine.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 PM

That promotion is also in this thread. Page 5. So call and see if he will do another two week promotion.

Quick Reply: XF Mina exhaust group buy