XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF R brake pad replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question XF R brake pad replacement

I am thinking about replacing the brake pads on my XF R and while I have done this before on different cars, this is the first time on the Jag. Does anyone know if there are brake pad sensors on the front and rear pads or just the rear? I have been looking online for the sensors and can only find the rear set and wasn't sure if this was because there are no front sensors or they are just not sold online.

Also, I feel as if the original pads leave a lot of dust and am open to suggestions as to which manufacturer to go with for the replacement set.

Any other issues or advice is also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I read a very positive review of Pagid Blue pads in EVO magazine just yesterday. They are part carbon and are quite aggressive. Not sure they are well suited to the XFR as such but the report was that they transformed the braking on an aging Countach! I made a note to check them out when the time comes, but haven't read up on anything else about them yet. Not sure how available they are in the US, but they are OEM on Porsches I think so should be easy to source.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:31 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, I hate the brake dust, too, on my new XFR. The car does stop on a dime and give me 9 cents change, though. I know that Mercedes SLK 55 brakes were about 250 bux an axle for OEM pads and since Jag covers brakes, I guess I'll just live with the dust.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any more options for low dust/better pads for the XFR?

I have had EBC redstuff on all my cars and would like to do the same on the XFR. I called EBC HQ as ebcrotors.com shows redstuff available for the 2011 XFR but after speaking to them thay said they are not available yet but will be available soon.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by vs2
Any more options for low dust/better pads for the XFR?

I have had EBC redstuff on all my cars and would like to do the same on the XFR. I called EBC HQ as ebcrotors.com shows redstuff available for the 2011 XFR but after speaking to them thay said they are not available yet but will be available soon.

I would stay away from EBC. I know a lot of people who ran them and had very bad experiences with them.

I have ran a lot of different pads on many different cars and came to a conclusion that nothing beats the OEM pads.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

XFR has been out for awhile now. How come there are no options yet for aftermarket pads?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 354 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by georgeore
I am thinking about replacing the brake pads on my XF R and while I have done this before on different cars, this is the first time on the Jag. Does anyone know if there are brake pad sensors on the front and rear pads or just the rear? I have been looking online for the sensors and can only find the rear set and wasn't sure if this was because there are no front sensors or they are just not sold online.

Also, I feel as if the original pads leave a lot of dust and am open to suggestions as to which manufacturer to go with for the replacement set.

Any other issues or advice is also welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Did you run your existing pads down to the point that the sensors triggered the brake wear light? If not, then just reuse what sensors are already there.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the reason I need to change was due to the sensor coming on. I know that on my wife's Audi Q7, there was a sensor on each front pad that need to be replaced and I was hoping to learn what was needed for the XFR. I would hate to have it on the stands with everything off only to learn I need two sensors (which will probably be back ordered with my luck).