XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF SC wheels offsets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts
Default XF SC wheels offsets?

Anyone know what the wheel offsets are on the 20 inch staggered setup for '11 XF SC? I've done searches but wondering if anyone has a definitive info source.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Anyone know what the wheel offsets are on the 20 inch staggered setup for '11 XF SC? I've done searches but wondering if anyone has a definitive info source.

Not sure if you have the Senta's or not, but if you are talking about the stock Senta's in 20x8.5/9.5, the offset is 49/26. Hope that helps. TC

Old 06-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks tc, I have the Selena's not the Senta's.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

49/66. If you'd like to confirm this, it is stamped on the inside of your wheels. Offset is the same for all XFSCs whether the old Volans or the newer Selena's.

BTW, 49/26 is the XK offset I believe.

Last edited by duke_dallas; 06-28-2012 at 05:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jaguny (06-28-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by duke_dallas
49/66. If you'd like to confirm this, it is stamped on the inside of your wheels. Offset is the same for all XFSCs whether the old Volans or the newer Selena's.

BTW, 49/26 is the XK offset I believe.

I found a set of Selena's on ebay and that is the same offset they inidicate. Do you are anyone else know if replacement wheels need to match the same offsets if they are 20 inch? What if they are 19 inch?

Thanks again.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 PM

I found a set of Selena's on ebay and that is the same offset they inidicate. Do you are anyone else know if replacement wheels need to match the same offsets if they are 20 inch? What if they are 19 inch?

Thanks again.
No, they don't need to be an exact match. Whether they are 19 or 20 doesn't really matter as far as offsets go. However, the width of the rim makes a difference. You probably know offset effects how far out or in your wheels sit. wrong offset and you'll have clearance issues.

There are nonlinear tools that help you visualize the effect of a different offset and width

Last edited by duke_dallas; 06-28-2012 at 08:45 PM.
jaguny (06-28-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info on the nonlinear tool, it has been very useful.

Found one on the net. Now all I need is a cross section of the rotor and caliper brake position in relationship to the offset wheel and you can determine if a given wheel will fit. (also the profile of the wheel well would assist. Given that I don't plan to upsize, it comes down to width as you wheel width and relationship to wheel well for looks. Where is the info on the brake and wheel well available?

P.S. I see you can upgrade to a more comprehensive chart that will, I guess, have OEM info for different cars for a subscription. At this point probably can just speak to wheel suppliers. I expect this is where spacers come into play if you need to push a wheel out to match a bigger OEM offset for looks or if you have a narrower wheel.

Last edited by jaguny; 06-28-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 AM

Not sure where I got "nonlinear tool" from. Think I meant to type "online tool". ha, glad you found it.

I think you're right that you want to speak with wheel suppliers if you're looking aftermarket. I don't know that you'll find the info you're looking for on the brakes and wheel wells. I'd expect that just about any 19" or 20" is going to fit over the brakes, I've seen people with the SC, move to Jaguar 19s (+49 offset all around I believe) for more ride comfort. Being that you're not upsizing, if you choose a wheel with an offset/width that results in a similar positioning as you stock wheels, you're not likely going to have any wheel well issues unless you went with a ridiculously large tire.

NOthing wrong with a high quality spacer. A lower offset pushes the wheel out. Spacers effectively lower the offset.

There are at least a couple people on here with aftermarket 20s that can may be able to tell the offset/width combo that worked for them - there's the guy from Charlotte, with the white SC and 20" Vossen's (sorry can't remember his screen name); twhite has aftermarket 20s but I don't think his is an SC; someone (Donk maybe?) just ordered 220" Forgestar's but not sure if those were for an SC either.

Last edited by duke_dallas; 06-29-2012 at 07:25 AM.
jaguny (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The offset issue has confused me. Everything I've read in online forums says that the XF is 49 in the front and 66 in the rear, while the XK is 49 in the front and 46 in the rear. However, both the XKR and XFR frequently come with the 20" Nevis wheels. I had read on a forum that Jaguar made a different rear Nevis wheel for the XFR versus the XKR to account for the offset difference between the two cars, however, my dealer insisted that they are the exact same wheel, and when he checked on it, he said it was listed as the exact same part number for both cars.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure on what the offsets are for an XFR as it seems to differ depending where you look. Personal preference, but I believe my 15mm H&R spacers (30mm total) on the rear with the factory 20" Dracos make the XFR look just right but then again I like wide tires and a wide look but not necessarily low.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by duke_dallas
Not sure where I got "nonlinear tool" from. Think I meant to type "online tool". ha, glad you found it.

I think you're right that you want to speak with wheel suppliers if you're looking aftermarket. I don't know that you'll find the info you're looking for on the brakes and wheel wells. I'd expect that just about any 19" or 20" is going to fit over the brakes, I've seen people with the SC, move to Jaguar 19s (+49 offset all around I believe) for more ride comfort. Being that you're not upsizing, if you choose a wheel with an offset/width that results in a similar positioning as you stock wheels, you're not likely going to have any wheel well issues unless you went with a ridiculously large tire.

NOthing wrong with a high quality spacer. A lower offset pushes the wheel out. Spacers effectively lower the offset.

There are at least a couple people on here with aftermarket 20s that can may be able to tell the offset/width combo that worked for them - there's the guy from Charlotte, with the white SC and 20" Vossen's (sorry can't remember his screen name); twhite has aftermarket 20s but I don't think his is an SC; someone (Donk maybe?) just ordered 220" Forgestar's but not sure if those were for an SC either.

I intepreted your nonlinear to mean the adjustment made in one metric of the wheel decription would not relate to an equal adjustment in another. No matter, I found this at one of the online wheel dealers:

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

I think what is misleading is you think a smaller offset would result in a wheel inset further into the wheel well, but if the mounting pad location is fixed on the car the smaller offset results in a wheel that sticks out away from the vehicle. I did check with Donk. Ultimately I think I will need to discuss with a wheel supplier to understand a particular fitment. Hard to know what it is going look like though. I don't think spacers will be needed with the offsets on the SC. Most wheels I am finding that fit have a high 30's to low 40's offset (that is if I understand it correctly.).

Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by aahmichael
The offset issue has confused me. Everything I've read in online forums says that the XF is 49 in the front and 66 in the rear, while the XK is 49 in the front and 46 in the rear. However, both the XKR and XFR frequently come with the 20" Nevis wheels. I had read on a forum that Jaguar made a different rear Nevis wheel for the XFR versus the XKR to account for the offset difference between the two cars, however, my dealer insisted that they are the exact same wheel, and when he checked on it, he said it was listed as the exact same part number for both cars.

It is confusing; I have also heard the Jaguar models' wheels are interchangeable for like sizes, and even dropping down a size as long as the brakes clear.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vs2
Not sure on what the offsets are for an XFR as it seems to differ depending where you look. Personal preference, but I believe my 15mm H&R spacers (30mm total) on the rear with the factory 20" Dracos make the XFR look just right but then again I like wide tires and a wide look but not necessarily low.
With the spacers are your wheels pushed out flush with the outside face of the wheel wells? Is the XFR a staggered setup with 8.5 width wheels in front, and 9.5 in back like the SC?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
vs2

With the spacers are your wheels pushed out flush with the outside face of the wheel wells? Is the XFR a staggered setup with 8.5 width wheels in front, and 9.5 in back like the SC?
No they are still in a little. XFR is staggered.

Might get some info. from this thread.
Wheels Jaguar XF

jaguny (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again.
text removed

Last edited by plums; 07-08-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: inappropriate
Old 07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jagfinityguy
why would you buy rims online when you can go to a rims shop and get them put on trouble free. what an idiot this guy is

The above post is uncalled for and down right rude. The OP is looking for advice on a legitimate topic.

I have 20" staggered Vossens on my SC, they are a very aggressive offset because I like the wheels to sit out further than stock, basically as flush as possible with the outside of the wheel wells. Sorry I do not know what the offset actually is, I wiil try to find out when I get back home and check my invoice this weekend.

jaguny (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
vs2

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper
The above post is uncalled for and down right rude. The OP is looking for advice on a legitimate topic.
No surprise. Read his other 3 posts.

jaguny (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagfinityguy
why would you buy rims online when you can go to a rims shop and get them put on trouble free. what an idiot this guy is

One of the reasons to buy rims on line, particular Selena's is because "rim shops" don't carry Selena's. I am obviously not as educated as you are so maybe you can make allowances.

Last edited by jaguny; 07-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper

I have 20" staggered Vossens on my SC, they are a very aggressive offset because I like the wheels to sit out further than stock, basically as flush as possible with the outside of the wheel wells. Sorry I do not know what the offset actually is, I wiil try to find out when I get back home and check my invoice this weekend.
The information provide here by a few helpful replys and other information I have found indicate they are 49 mm and 66mm. Thank you.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

I checked the invoice for my Vossen wheels and this is what is says :

20x9 5x108 32MB
20x10.5 5x108 42MB

The rim size, 20x9 & 20x10.5 is obvious, the bolt pattern spacing is 5x108 so I assume the 32 MB is the front offset and 42 MB is the rear offset.

Does anyone know what the 'MB' means?

Quick Reply: XF SC wheels offsets?